The Game

Come Back, Don't Go

 

Kyaaaa~ So, I wasn't able to update for like two days? I'm just.... THE EXO TEASER PHOTOS ARE SOOOO TEASING, ESPECIALLY TAO! I JUST CAN'T.. Anyway, yeah. >////<

---

 

It was a typical Monday and for the first time since you came, you’re having P.E. class. You were having a basketball game just now and Chanyeol called for a water break. It wasn’t even a formal game anyway. Besides, your professor wasn’t strict at all. He was young and outgoing.

Hana was lying on the ground dead tired since she’s the only girl playing basketball with EXO and you were just sitting on a bench. You on the other hand just played sub since you didn’t want to get sweaty. You’re not really that kind of girl, you just thought of doing something better than actually playing.

“He will melt.” Kris whispered as he sat beside you. You weren’t really listening to him since you were really out of it. You thought he was talking about ice melting or something.

“Huh? There’s no ice here.” You just answered still not tearing your gaze from someone.

“Tao could be one.”

“What?!” You quickly turned to him as you were shocked by his bluntness.

“You were staring at him.” He said coolly, whistling on the process.

“I was not! I was staring at the steel behind him.” You said smoothly and rolled eyes.

“Okay.”

“You don’t believe me?” You scoffed.

“If I didn’t know you better, I would have. You’re always good at lying.”

“I know right—wait. B-but I really wasn’t lying awhile ago! Yah!” It was too late for you to realize it was a trick statement. He just smirked. Damn you, Wu Fan!

“Why were you staring at him?” He asked after a long moment of silence awhile ago.

“It just happened.” You answered since you really just happened to look by him. You actually found yourself doing it again.

 

“Here.” Said Kai as he offered water to Hana who was still lying on the floor. She just looked at him but took the bottle anyway. She quickly sat straight after and wrapped her legs with her arms.

“Are you sure this doesn’t have poison in it?” Hana asked.

“Yes! Why would you think like that?” He was taken aback.

“Because it’s you.” Hana just said while opening the bottle cap.

“Me?”

“You.”

“Wae? What is it when it’s me?”

“My first impressions on people are always right.” Said Hana and started to stand and leave but looked back. “Thanks.” Kai though, never understood what she meant.

Hana skipped towards Lay who was sitting on the opposite bench from you and Kris. She sat beside him and they talked about everything related to playing piano and dancing. She was really amazed on how Lay could play so well and dance really good too. They were having a lot of fun talking to each other for that matter. Two guys were obviously jealous.

 

“Okay guys! You’ve had enough breaks. Let’s continue!” said your professor and clapped his hands. You were about to tell the coach you’d just be on benches when Suho kneeled down in front of you.

“Please sub for me, Jae Min. I’m tired.”

“Sure. You didn’t really have to kneel you know.”

“I know. But I’m just tired.” He said as he sat on the bench you were just sitting at. You warmed yourself up and went in the court.

The game started and you realized that Hana was already subbed by Sehun. She must be really tired. You saw that all she did on the first half of the game was to just catch and pass balls and she tried blocking shoots but they were friggin’ giants! That must be tiring indeed.

Your team together with Kris, Chen, Chanyeol and Baekhyun were leading with 6 points. The opposite team where Lay, Kai, D.O., Sehun and Tao are consist of, were pretty much in the game to win. You didn’t even budge though. You know you’d win since you’re around. You were also a big head sometimes.

You were in the middle of your 3rd quarter game when Kris passed to you overhead the ball since he was trapped by Lay and Kai. You quickly jumped to catch it and dribbled the ball until you’re near your side of the court. You were also stuck standing on a 2-point line since Tao wouldn’t let you shoot. He was following your every move.

“Just let me shoot this one!” You shouted since there was only 8 seconds left on the shot clock.

“You can try.” He said and smirked. Damn. You had no choice but to pass it to someone else. You found Chanyeol waving by you on your right. You were about to pass to him the ball.

Prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt!

But you ran out of time.

“Great! Thanks a lot!” You sarcastically muttered at Tao. He just walked pass you.

“Any time.” He whistled.

 

“So you like to drink Milk Tea too?” asked Luhan who was also sitting on the bench beside Hana.

“Yes! I love Vanilla the most when I have food with me, but when I’m alone I usually order White Taro.” She beamed.

“Really? That’s close to my favorite!”

“We should go there together!”

“Sure!” And they were both just laughing to whatever they were talking about. You know they have shallow happiness. Kai was able to get a glimpse of them and got a little out of focus on the game.

It was the last quarter and you were only leading by 2 points. There’s a minute left and it’s tricky since it was their ball. The play started and Sehun was outside the line holding the ball. He quickly passed it to Kai who was lucky enough to catch it but as he reached their side of the court, it slipped from Kai’s hands so Chen stole the ball from him and threw it at you. You quickly grabbed it and dribbled to your court. You skillfully tricked D.O. you were going to the left so you passed him but you didn’t see someone else behind him.

“Jae Min watch out!” they shouted but Suho’s voice was pretty much louder than the rest. He has been cheering you since the game started.

You felt someone so close to you so you got your feet tangled up on themselves from the sudden impact. It was too late for him to help you stay standing still since he wasn’t also aware you were coming close and stumbled down too. You both fell down, with you on top of him. You heard a lot of people gasp.

You opened your eyes and found yourself staring at a pair of cold, shocked eyes. You were so close to him that you didn’t want to move even a single centimeter because you don’t want what happened in the club’s building to happen again, especially with people watching.

“Aren’t you moving?” He asked. He was so close that you could feel his breath. Without waiting for your answer, he started to sit straight that caused you to jolt up and back away and you ended up sitting on his lap with your legs bended on the side. It was an awkward position.

“Was that a payback?” He eyed you suspiciously as he bent down to get close to you.

“Andwae!” You shouted and stood up hurriedly that made you go tipsy. You were about to fall when strong arms got you in a zap.

“Don’t be clums--”

“I didn’t need your help.” You interrupted as you got out from his hold. You had to admit, the short time that you were in his arms made you feel such a weird feeling.

The game continued and since there was just less than a minute left, your team won. It was just in time for lunch when it did. You were drinking water when Hana shouted for you to hurry up since she was already a few steps away from the court. You were about to run to her when you saw Tao’s gash on his elbow. It must be when we fell down.

“Er… You have a… on your elbow.” You said and just pointed his small injury. It was still awkward for you. Especially when it made you remember your first, accidental kiss.

“It’s just a scratch. Don’t bother.”

“Ah… I-I’m sorry.” You said and dashed away from him as you quickly ran after Hana. Apologizing to him was embarrassing enough for you. He just smiled, but you didn’t see that.

 

---

 

You were with Hana eating lunch on the same store you ate Bulgogi with and she just won’t stop talking about everything that she saw happened during P.E. time earlier, especially your scene with Tao. She even talked about it with ahjumma. You could just cover your face. It was a good thing it was just the two of you around that time.

EXO, on the other hand went to Exoplanet since Suho had a big announcement. He wasn’t supposed to say yes to the organizer, but she looked so desperate that he just blurted out saying yes. He just hopes everyone would be okay with it, even for the short notice. But being EXO though, he believed they would do great.

 

---

 

It was free class so Hana and EXO decided to continue their practice. They already figured out every step and they were in the process of polishing their every move. Since it has been half an hour of practicing, Xiumin called for a break. He then dived in on the baozis he bought before the practice.

Kai searched the room for Hana and found her sitting between Lay and Luhan. They weren’t really doing anything but he was jealous. He got even more annoyed when the three of them started laughing at some private joke only they could understand. He had the urge to pull Hana out of there but that would be crazy. They weren’t even close compared to the two, at all.

After some minutes, Lay asked Luhan to go with him on the organization desk to clear some things for the event. Hana was all alone, much to Kai’s delight. He looked around the room and found D.O., Xiumin and Sehun on the other side talking over something he couldn’t clearly hear so it was good. He quickly went to sit beside Hana.

“Why are you here?” Hana asked, annoyed by his presence.

“Geez, it’s not like I’m some virus you know.” He mumbled.

“Still, I don’t like you near me.” She said as she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

“But you’re always with the other guys.” He said almost in gritted teeth. Especially Lay and Luhan. He thought.

“They are different from you. I just don’t feel you.”

“Why don’t you feel me?” He asked and astonishment was plastered on his face. No one has ever said that to him.

“See?!” She reacted.

“What?”

“You’re just too full of yourself.” She blurted out. She was a blunt person after all. “You still haven’t answered my question.” She added.

“Oh yeah. I want to challenge you.” Challenge? She thought.

“On what?”

“On dancing. Let’s have a dance battle. I gathered since you still haven’t picked anyone to be your partner, if I win… I’ll automatically be your partner.” He said and smirked. She didn’t expect that.

She thought about it for awhile. She hated challenges and like her motto, she should always be the best. What he said intrigued Hana and thought that Kai wouldn’t be such an opponent since he just dances okay. She thought Lay was the best she’s ever seen and just estimated Kai to be on the average. She really hasn’t seen him dance solo yet but she was sure she’s better than him.

“Okay.”

“Really?” She just stared at him. “Yes!” He shouted that attracted the three’s attention.

“But if I win, you should stop talking to me. You’re annoying.” She said but Kai was too happy to even listen so he just nodded. Just you watch, I’ll crush you down.

 

Lay and Luhan just finished talking to the organizer and entered the studio when they saw Hana and Kai standing in the middle of the studio. The other three were just standing and cheering to the both of them.

 “What’s with the tension?” Lay asked to no one in particular.

“Yea, what happened while we were gone?” Added Luhan.

“We’re not sure either--” said D.O.

“But they’ll be having a dance battle!” interrupted Xiumin while grinning.

A long moment of silence.

“She did not just say yes to a dancing machine…” Luhan whispered.

“Er… she just did hyung.” Mumbled Sehun and he also explained what both teams will gain after winning. Hana seemed too confident to battle against Kai but then again, she didn’t know he was so good at dancing, even better than Lay.

 

Oh well, everyone should experience falling down once in awhile.

---

And here are my yyyy wolves. Loljk. <3