The Confession

Come Back, Don't Go

 

---

 

It was a Wednesday when you completely had enough of all the pity. You didn’t feel a single one of it, but you get annoyed by the way they look at you. Some people already started to act normal towards you like it’s just another day but Hana and the rest of EXO still just don’t understand it. It was only a good thing that even Suho and Chen are casually talking to you again. At least some of them get it now.

It’s lunch break when you decide to gather all of them together in one room. You made them sit while you stand in front, where the professor’s desk stands.

“Look, listen up.” You start as all eyes are on you. You take a deep breath and continue talking. “I get it that you only care about me.” You never thought of those words coming out of your mouth. You want to make a face for that but you keep still. “That you don’t want me all locked up in one corner and all alone and sad. But you’re not really helping me with what you’re doing now.” Their faces start to show confusion. “And I want you to stop.”

“What?”

“I don’t get you.”

“Why should we?”

“Are you okay?”

They talk in a chorus. You just roll eyes. You look around to all the confused faces in front of you except Suho and Chen’s. It also dawns to you that Tao isn’t actually around. You sigh but carry on talking. This will be harder than I thought.

 

“We understand it now, noona.” Sehun says as he taps your shoulder. Yeah, it was a long way down though.

 “You should’ve told us about it sooner Jae Min!” Xiumin beams.

“Yeah, we could’ve done those things.” Chanyeol says as he embraces you in a tight hug. Your eyes widen a bit, but that’s just Chanyeol for you. You slowly get away from his grip as you can see Suho and Chen suppressing their laughter from your state.

“Now that it’s clear… uhh… can we eat lunch already?” Hana asks as she starts to walk out of the room. She’s always hungry. You just shake your head.

“Sure!” Luhan answers as he walks out with her.

“Hey wait for me!” Kai catches up and so everyone starts to go out as well one by one until there are only you and Suho left in the room as Chen just turned to the door’s right.

“You feel lighter now?” He approaches you. You could just nod as the ends of your lips twitch up to form a slight smile. “Then maybe you should talk to Tao now. He’s been avoiding you because he’s really trying, but I think it got too much of forestalling. He’s usually scared with these stuffs so it would be better if you approach him first.” Suho’s right. Out of everyone, he’s been the one avoiding the most. You have to admit, you kind of miss him already.

“I know. I just… it’s weird for me too.” You look down on the floor.

He starts to walk towards the door too. “I’m pretty sure he’s good at waiting.” He smiles. “Aren’t you coming?”

“Oh, I just have to go somewhere first. Save me a sit, okay?” You suggest as he nods with a knowing smile and hops away. What am I doing right now? I’m not possibly talking to him right? But come to think of it, he didn’t really do anything wrong.

“And I’m arguing with myself now. Great.” You shake your head as you take your bag and run towards wherever. You don’t exactly know where you’re running to but you trust your instincts enough. Hopefully he really is there.

 

You stop running as you hunch yourself down with your hands on your knees. You take a rest and catch your breath for you’ve been running for so long. Apparently, the place your body wants to go is at the other end of the school. He once said he loves being there. Aside from the fact that no one else knows it, he finds it relaxing to just stay there.

As you slowly regain your casual breathing, you stand straight and start walking again. You know that the place is situated here but you’ve never really been here before. You flip over some draping vines blocking your way and got your eyes wide open as you take in the beauty of the place.

It’s somewhat a secret garden that is really taken well care of because the flowers are blooming and the fountain in the middle still works. You walk around the place as you slowly form a smile on your face. It’s exactly as he described it. Unfortunately, you seem to be the only one around.

You sigh and start turning back since you thought he’s not actually here. Besides, the garden is not that big for him to be hiding somewhere. You are about to flip over the vines again when you hear a loud thug behind. It’s as if someone jumped to the ground from somewhere high.

“Leaving so soon?” He asks. You turn around as you see the one you’re looking for.

“You’re… you jumped from the tree?” You ask as you eye him and the tree continuously.

“The breeze up there is nice.” He shrugs.

“Oh… okay.” You nod your head as you feel the awkwardness slowly building up around the place. “T-the place is beautiful.” You stutter. Why am I stuttering?!

“I know.” He says as he steps closer. “Why are you here?”

“Actually…” You try your best to look at him but end up looking down the ground. “I just realized things and… I came here to…” You take a deep breath. You’re still debating on yourself why you’re doing this so it’s hard.

You look up to him. “I’m sorry.” You say as sincere as you could possibly be. “This is really weird.” You mutter but he heard.

“Tell me about it.” He casually says as he chuckles. Oh how I missed those chuckles.

“But I really am. I mean, I’ve really become such a pain in the yet you’re always still there. I don’t know how you deal with me but I’m glad there’s actually someone like you around. You know, I… I might have hated you at first, actually I still hate you even just a little bit, that I push you away most of the time… but the point is… I’m really sorry.” You just continue on staring at each other.

“And for always being there saving me, even when I didn’t need it sometimes, I just realized that I haven’t properly given you my appreciation so…”

“It’s nothing--”

“It’s… actually a big deal to me. Aside from saying sorry I came here to say thank you. Thank you for always being there when I badly needed someone.  You know, even if we’re just mere fiancés.” You gulp. You tear away from his gaze. “So that’s it. Yeah that’s pretty much it.” You mumble as you suddenly feel a warm body embracing you, hugging you so tight as if protecting you. You are about to look up when he positions your head by his shoulder with his hand supporting your neck. The feeling the embrace is giving you is so fluffy that you find yourself hugging him back.

“Thank you too, for saying that.” He says as he breaks away from the hug.

He smiles at you and takes in the few spaces between the two of you as he wraps his arms around you again. You didn’t even realize you were smiling by his shoulder too. You feel so light now that you’ve told him what you’ve wanted to say long before.

He kisses the top of your head as you flinch from his action. “Wha…” You are about to look up to him again when he just holds you tighter.

“I like you, Jae Min. I really do.”

Your eyes widen with his somewhat confession. You hear him chuckle as he loosens his grip on you. Now you’re face to face with him. He ruffles your hair as he smiles at you, your eyes still as big as D.O.’s. He holds your wrist as he leads you out of the garden. You’re too dumbfounded right now you just let him drag you.

“You’re hungry right? I know a good place to eat.” He says as his back is still facing you. “Right…” You murmur. It just came to you that you’re okay again.

I have to get used to more of these then.

 

---

So, my internet got jammed for a week now. Luckily, I had the time to go to an internet cafe. And here's a double update for you guys. Haha. I'm loving my sembreak way too much. ^^