The Secret

Come Back, Don't Go

 

So... I wasn't able to update for a long time. It's just that EXO's too perfect. STILL SPAZZING OVER THE TEASER 2 AND MEDLEY OKAY. Anyway.. yea. XOXO ^^

---

 

It was Monday again today and sembreak starts next week even though you aren’t really college students. The teachers need rest anyway. Your weekend wasn’t that eventful except for when Hana came. All she did the whole day was talk and talk about every detail of the celebration they had. You briefly explained to her what happened with Sungjong backstage and let her talk more. You were safe that she didn’t ask anything about your family event that night. You were just eating oreos mixed in pistachio-flavored ice cream the whole time you were alone.

You just got down of the bus when you saw someone familiar standing, no, waiting on the shed the bus just stopped on. Why is he here? You checked both sides of the road and hurriedly crossed the street for him not to notice you. He was closing his eyes a little so you’re sure he didn’t see you when you got down.

You were already a few steps after the gate when you felt a presence coming near. You stopped trying to walk fast when he caught up. Damn guys with long legs.

“Is it just me or you’re following me?”

“It’s just you.” He said that made you roll eyes. Still he was walking along your pace.

“Why were you waiting on the shed?” He just looked at you like ‘seriously?’

“They say I should be nice to my fiancé.” He mumbled tucking his hands in his pocket.

“You’re seriously considering that?” You screeched a little.

“I have to try.” He shrugged.

“Just tell them it didn’t work so they’d cancel it already!”

“I doubt they’d cancel it even if we won’t work.”

“They didn’t have to do this.” You sighed. You noticed people start to stare on you two, too.

“Unless there’s someone who’ll replace you, were stuck with each other.” He said that made you think. What if there is someone who will? But who in the world would that be?! I don’t even have a sister to start with.

 

Class was just about to start when both of you walked in. Some people wondered why you were together but some wouldn’t have cared anyway. It’s a good thing Hana’s not your classmate in this class. She would’ve asked a lot of questions. You were still sitting on the same chair beside Chen when he just stood up and walked towards the back. What he did made you wonder. Did he get tired of school now?

Your thoughts were quickly scrambled away when you realized Tao fixing the chair beside you as he sits. Why is he doing this now? Ugh.

“Why are you sitting here?” You muffled in your gritted teeth.

“I love the view outside.” He said as his head was bent down on the table.

“You’re not even looking at the view.”

“You don’t have to look at it every time to appreciate its beauty.” He mumbled. You’re starting to really get annoyed by his comebacks. He’s so good at them.

The whole time your Social Science professor was lecturing, Tao was asleep. You’ve always known he was always just sleeping at the back but you haven’t really seen him sleeping up-close. He was resting his head on his left arm as his face was facing you. You didn’t realize you were looking at him intently. He actually has a perfect nose.

You were looking at his eyelashes as they flutter around when he suddenly opened his eyes. That made you jerk up and twitch your head to the other side. It was too obvious that even you wanted to hit yourself. He just smirked and went back to sleep, this time with his back you.

 

Hana, on the other hand was sitting between Luhan and Kai in her class. She was no longer annoyed by the fact since she had gotten used to it. What irritates her is the mere fact that the two won’t stop blabbering on just about anything. When Luhan says he’s good at something, Kai will immediately counter that with something else he’s good with that Luhan isn’t. They should have seated beside each other if they’re just gonna argue like this.

“Jinja? Well I ate 8 slices of pizza last Friday--” Luhan talked back.

“Sorry but I ate 12. Beat that!” Kai interrupted as he stretched his arms enough to throw it at Luhan.

“I had--”

“Shut up! Both of you shut it!” She had enough of the bickering. Weird enough, they both were silent towards the whole period. Everyone was almost praising Hana in the back of their heads for stopping the two, even the professor. Finally.

It’s your fault!” Luhan mouthed at Kai pointing at him as he does.

My fault? You started it!” Kai mouthed back.

What? It was you…” Luhan trailed off when she realized Hana was sternly looking at him by her peripheral view. He just awkwardly smiled and turned to listen back to the professor.

 

---

 

It was lunch time but Tao still was following you wherever you go, though he’s a few meters far back compared to earlier. You were walking along the hallway towards the cafeteria while texting Hana to just follow you there. She said she still had to finish a paper for her Social Science class that’s deadline this afternoon so she’d be late for lunch. That shikshin, always crams on such papers.

You were too focused on your phone that you bumped someone not realizing that person was on your way. The phone you were holding almost fell off of your grip. Good thing you had quick reflexes and caught it on time. That phone caused me a fortune, thank god.

 “You’ve gotten silly over the weekend.” She scoffed, her voice all too familiar for you. It has been a week that they didn’t show their faces up. Perhaps their pride got healed after you tampered on it.

You didn’t want a fight right now for you were too hungry. You weren’t even able to eat breakfast earlier. Yoona was about to say something when her eyes got wide open after seeing a person behind you and chose to just shut instead. She bent her head down and walked passed you like nothing happened. You wondered why she did that but stopped in mid-air after seeing Tao walking pass you with a smirk on his face. So this is his way of protecting me now? Fair enough.

You started to walk after some seconds and headed to the cafeteria. It was weird how he suddenly vanished like air. Why would I care? You went back to playing on your phone as you walked that you didn’t realize there was a handful of books placed right on your way. It was probably owned by someone who was fixing the locker beside you. Since you were too overwhelmed by the game you were playing you tripped on the set of books piled up before your way.

You realized you were gonna fall since you didn’t expect something like this to happen. You close your eyes for the impact that’s about to hit you. Fortunately, you rested on someone’s strong arms that caught you in time. You opened your right eye to peek through whoever saved you and found a smirking pair of lips that made you push yourself away from his hold. You cleared your throat after realizing a lot of people looking at you.

You swiftly walked away and headed to the cafeteria this time with your phone just neatly tucked in your pocket.

“You finally thought of keeping it there.” He mumbled as he started to walk beside you.

“The game was too boring anyway.” You shot back, not looking at him.

“Sure it was.” You just rolled eyes.

 

You went inside the cafeteria along with him. You quickly ordered food and just chose to sit on a 4-chaired table. Your eyes were shocked when Tao smoothly sat on the chair in front of you and started to eat as if you weren’t around. You noticed people start to stare.

“Yah! Why are you sitting here?” You nudged him.

“You’re getting loquacious every minute, you know?”

“I don’t!” You sneered of disbelief.

“Can’t a person just sit here?” He sighed.

“You can’t.”

“Wae?”

“Because I don’t want you to.”

“Of course.” He just said and continued to eat. You just ate as if he wasn’t around since you highly doubt he’ll change seats even if you’ll push him away. He has already started his food anyway.

You suddenly wanted the rest of EXO to just show up right now especially because some are already taking pictures of you two. You also thought about Hana being here but realized it would’ve been better that she didn’t come at all or else you’d be filled with questions. It was a good thing she texted seconds later that she couldn’t finish her paper if she’d still eat so she asked you to just buy her food instead.

“You’re really just gonna sit there?” You asked annoyed by the flashes.

“If I do something… they’d suspect even more.”

“But you didn’t even have to be with me every time to begin with.”

“I want to.” He shrugged and finished drinking his Watermelon Milkshake. His answer caused you to have this wickedly twisted feeling inside your tummy. You let it go and finished your food too.

Minutes after the rest of EXO came in and ordered food. Chanyeol saw the two of you sitting on a four-chaired table so he went to you.

“Why are you sitting here? The long table’s free.” He beamed and pointed at the long table which is running out of vacant seats already.

“That’s the whole point.” You just said as you sipped on your cola.

“But why just the two of you?” He asked. Why are you asking that?!

“I came here first.”

“Wait… are you two having some secre--”

“Aish just get out already! Eat your lunch. I’m sure you’re hungry.” You disrupted slightly pushing Chanyeol away. He just shrugged but gave you a meaningful stare along with his derp smile. You heard Tao chuckle. “What?”

“You’re too obvious.” He smirked.

“Shut up.”

 

Chanyeol slowly placed his tray on the table still glancing at both of you from time to time. He’s too bothered on what you two are that he was eating less than usual. Even Kris who was sitting beside him noticed that.

“Yah! Aren’t you hungry? Eat up.” Kris nudged Chanyeol. He isn’t suspecting is he? He thought.

“I know hyung, it’s just that… why aren’t they sitting here?”

“They want to be away from you.” Xiumin kidded. Chanyeol almost knocked his head but he got away.

“Perhaps they have something to talk about.” Suho suggested since Chanyeol felt pretty bad.

“It’s not like they should eat with us every time.” Kai mumbled. But Hana…

“Yea… even Hana isn’t here.” Luhan said. Where could she be?

“But it’s weird. They’re not that close before.” Chen said.

“Not even close enough to eat lunch together.” Assumed Lay as he raised his hand a bit. D.O and Baekhyun nodded to agree.

“I’m sure it’s not what you think. I know how noona hates hyung so much.” Argued Sehun. Somehow all of them just let it go and continued eating lunch. Thanks Sehun, that was close. Thought Kris.

 

---

 

It was free class and you were doing some stretching before you practice. There weren’t a lot of people in the wide room. You could almost count yourselves with your fingers. You were also waiting for Tao to come since you needed to see him. Kris told you about some suspicion Chanyeol and the rest had on the two of you. You didn’t want anyone to know about it. It was a private party so nothing came out of it.

You were in your loose shirt and sweatpants kicking a dummy when Tao came in. Less people were occupying the room this time. Sweats were dripping from your forehead. You called it a break after some minutes and toweled yourself while standing on the corner. You noticed that it’s only the two of you left in the room.

“Yah!” You shouted as he was turning his back on you. He walked towards you after, his hair wet from practice. He looks… hot. What, no.

“What?”

“They’re suspecting.”

“So?”

“I don’t want them to know! I don’t want anyone to know!” You flared-up.

“Calm down.” He said holding your shoulders on both hands.

“Why do you seem okay with all this?” You sighed.

“I’m not. It’s hard for me too. But I have to try, I have to get out.” He said as leveled his head on you. You didn’t quite understand what he meant but somehow it calmed you down. Weird.

“Kris knows… he knew from the beginning anyway. He’s the only one that knows. And I want to keep it that way.”

“Okay.”

“It’s our secret, okay?” you said almost sounding desperate. You even held out your pinky for it. He just chuckled on your reaction as he tousled your hair. He then locked your pinkies together. You felt some sparks jolt you up from familiarity, but you shrugged it off.

“Our secret.” He said and nodded his head. You feel bad that Hana knows nothing of this but thought it’s better this way. You’ll tell her about it… soon enough. You suddenly felt him hug you. You were about to pull away but he held on you tighter.

“Wha--”

“You were gonna cry.” You hate it how you’re so fragile when he’s around. It used to be just Kris.

 

I don’t understand myself anymore.