The Chat

Come Back, Don't Go

 

It's a double update! Yay! Got so hyped on the photos anyway. Yeah! XOXO ^^
They are talking in English here the whole time. ><

---

 

It’s Saturday and you were on a bus on your way to Hana’s house. You had to go there since your three other friends in Europe were going to go online and chat with you. You still talk to them over the phone but it’s been 3 weeks since you last saw each other. Who knows, maybe they changed a lot within those weeks. You started to reminisce your memories with them while you’re at it.

 

You and Hana met the three of them on a club during your first week in Europe. You and Hana were both disposed to Europe and you were forced to handle your business there since you were too rebellious and hard-headed for them to endure. You were only turning 15 that time.

You and Hana were already hard drinkers before but Hana passed out after some bottles. You couldn’t bring her up yourself alone and you were lucky three girls came up to help. Like you, they were rebels of their own homes. You chatted with them for a bit after you placed Hana to her bed and found out they were also Korean. Though they weren’t disposed to Europe like you, slowly all five of you became best of friends.

You always go to where one goes and all five of you stayed at your house your mom bought for you to stay at. You were inseparable. You always go out most nights and play as a band on a club. You only help a little at your business and when your parents knew what you were doing, which for 2 years you’ve been hiding, they forced you to go back to Korea to study. The three of them decided to stay though.

 

You went down from the bus and found Hana waving at you outside her house. She forcefully dragged you towards her room and the flatscreen. Her room hasn’t changed a bit. Every wall is still full of posters of Infinite, SHINee, and SuJu. You looked back at the flatscreen and found yourself staring at three wide eyes.

“Omo, it’s already on Lizzy!” Said Nana, who was beside Lizzy.

“Hi guys! We miss you!” Hana beamed at them. You waved at them too.

Wait… wait! We will show you something!” shouted Raina as she pulled the other two back. They disappeared from the screen for awhile and when they went back they were turning their back on you.

1, 2, 3…” counted Raina. After three, they turned to you and Hana again who were both clueless.

Hello! We are Orange Caramel!” Lizzy beamed as all three of them waved at you. You just laughed. Hana just stared at them.

“Since when did you name yourselves Orange Caramel?” You asked in between your laughter.

Jamie’s such a meanie! We thought you’d like them.” Said Nana.

“I like your outfit… your name’s just too girly.”

Yah! We have two jobs here, you know. Ever since you guys left we had to pay for our own drinks. You know how often we drink!” shouted Lizzy.

So… during night time we still perform at the club singing songs like always. And during daytime, we perform on stage, both singing and dancing.

Everyone loves us here!

“Yah! You’re talking as if they didn’t like us when we were still there.” Hana said.

It’s just a secret… but they admitted they didn’t like you all along. We feel sorry for you.” Whispered Lizzy. Then she received a hard knock on the head from Raina.

She’s kidding.”

“We know that, Raina.” You said and chuckled. Raina has always been the innocent one among the five of you. Turns out, they got more childish within three weeks.

“Did you receive the package already?” asked Hana.

Oh yeah, just a week ago--

Lizzy was actually expecting a bigger packa—Ow!” interrupted Raina but Lizzy nudged her by the rib.

The keychains are so cute!” beamed Nana.

“I envy your life.” You muttered out of nowhere. You missed playing as a band and drinking getting wasted at nights. You couldn’t do that now.

C’mon, studying is not that bad!” said Nana.

“And that’s coming from a person who doesn’t even study!” You groaned and washed your face with your hands.

How are you coping up there?” asked Lizzy.

“We’re still normal. In fact, the lessons especially English are boring.” Answered Hana who was eating chips. Where did she get that?

See?!” Nana beamed. Yea, tell me you’re right.

“But the queenkas here are over the top!” said Hana, full of sarcasm on her voice.

“They are pretty much the highlight of our days.” You added.

Who cares?” said Raina, who was the silent one since the chat started. She was right, not one of us here cares.

You talked about the most random things of all and laughed so hard to almost everything. You really miss them more this way. You missed how Nana would hug you the tightest, how Lizzy would talk back at you and hit your head sometimes, and you missed how Raina talks with you about the serious things. They were three different people in your life and it that you’re away from them. It’s a lot better than fully losing them though. You smiled at that thought.

Oh yeah Jamie! About Tao--” said Nana.

“Tao? What about Tao?” Hana interrupted. Uh-oh?

You explained to Hana quickly why you called Nana to somehow research on Tao. You had no time to do such things and Nana was the best techie person you’re close with. She’s also a good hacker, that’s why. Tao was cold but playful and jerky when you first saw him. He was distant among other EXO members. He was usually alone every time, either sleeping or just staring at things. His actions got you curious the moment he helped you from the queenkas. Especially the way he hugged you that time, which you have to admit, feels so calming. And that every day since that Tuesday, he was chuckling and giving you small smiles already. He was such a mystery to you that you had to know things about him, even the most intimate ones.

“You’re curious about Tao… Do you… possibly have feelings for him?” asked Hana you quickly shook your head to disagree.

“Having feelings towards a person isn’t the only reason why you investigate on them!” You shouted. You hated being near with Tao, but you like it when he smiles. I must be crazy.

Chill, Jamie!” shouted Lizzy by the screen, raising her hands up.

“So what did you find?” asked Hana.

You won’t believe me when you’ll hear them.” said Nana.

It’s not true. His identity really isn’t that mystifying.” Talked Raina. She always breaks the mood.

All three of them started to talk about what they knew on Tao. They had a pretty long list for a one-day research. Some things about him made you laugh but some got you even curious.

You learned that Tao is Chinese, but he’s been staying in Korea long enough. He likes playing basketball with Kris sometimes. He likes Pandas and he usually downloads HD stolen pictures of himself on the internet and makes them his wallpaper. Conceited. He’s a model along with other EXO members. He’s family owns the 2nd biggest company, yours being the first, and he gets mad easily, that’s why he’s not quite the society-embracing person. He’s a crybaby, which you didn’t believe. He learned Wushu ever since he was a child. And his girlfriend just broke up with him last summer and went to Europe. No one knows the real reason why they broke up but rumors say the girl doesn’t love him anymore.

“How did you know all those things?!” Hana asked loudly.

Trust me, you’ll be good at that once you’re so used to go clubbing and performing. It gets boring here once in awhile. It tends to become our pastime already.” Answered Nana.

“How long were they together?” You asked. He must really be hurt.

Hmm… two years. But they knew each other before that.” Answered Raina.

Oh and the girl’s name is Kim Jaebin!” Said Lizzy.

Sadly, we couldn’t find anything about her. It’s like she’s not even real. I mean, aside from the typical slum book answers, there’s nothing more.” Said Nana with a fallen face.

Yah! There is. She’s an adopted child.” Said Raina with her finger raised up.

“That’s something…” Hana trailed off.

No one knows that though. Just us. I was keen enough to find that info.” Whispered Raina.

You should keep that a secret too.” Nana said and you just nodded.

“We will.”

And about Tao again, he never talked to people seriously after the break-up. His voice is always in a monotone.But the word ‘serious’ was etched on his face when he hugged me…

Lastly, he hates seeing girls cry. It makes him weak.Is that why he helped me then?

 

It was 4pm when you ended the chat. It was amazing how you never felt hungry even when it’s pass lunch already, especially Hana. But after the chat, she suddenly felt hungry. She quickly dragged you to the bus stop and you rode down to her favorite Milk Tea Shop.

You let her order so you went to search for a table. You found a good seat beside the window. She came a few minutes later together with her order and you started to eat. She bought you a chocolate mousse and Wintermelon Milk Tea while she had three slices of different flavors of cakes and a Vanilla Milk Tea. Shikshin.

Still, you couldn’t help but to think of Tao, which is very strange for you. You just can’t seem to put together all the information you’ve recovered from Nana, Lizzy, and Raina. In fact, it makes you more curious and you kind of want to know him better.

 

Ugh, this is not good, at all.