The Consequences

Come Back, Don't Go

 

So an update, finally. ><

---

“Put me down Zi Tao! Put me ing down!” You yell and hit him by the back since he is holding you upside-down with your face opposite his back. He has been holding you like a sack since you were upstairs. You are getting a little dazed.

“No, you will wash the dishes.” He says as you can imagine him smirking right now.

“But I’m injured!”

“And you’re hitting me violently on the back. Of course.” He whistles.

“No fair!” You groan as you arrive in the kitchen. He swiftly places you down on one of the isle chairs so you become dizzy and your vision blurry. “You never should have started a bet anyway.” He says. He is right. You just didn’t even expect to lose.

“Fine! I’m getting sick of you pitying me anyway.”

“But you didn’t even look pitiful.”

“Shut up, Zi Tao.” You rolled eyes.

“I said I hate being called like that.” She used to call me that name too. He thought, and he hates it.

“Exactly.” He turns his back on you by the kitchen sink and turns back with a sponge on his hand. He takes your left arm… opens your palm and places the sponge there.

“Goodnight, Jae.” He says as he ruffles your hair and heads upstairs. Jae… why does that sound familiar? He never called me like that before. Weird.

 

It is past 9 o’clock when you finish washing the day’s dishes. It took you more than an hour to do so since your right arm still hurt a bit. That’s why he won the bet anyway. I mean, come on! Who’s stupid enough to bet on arm wrestling while having an injury? I am. You place the last plate on the cabinet and opted to rest upstairs.

You hear a faint melody coming from Tao’s room that seemed too familiar for you. You walk closer to his door only to stumble down the floor after realizing it was not even locked. You are in an awkward position as Tao’s is obviously in a state of shock seeing you lying on the ground. Probably, he was practicing Wushu before you went in. And the song is still playing. It’s in Chinese though.

“What are you…” He slowly says coming near you.

“The song…” You mumble as he helps you stand up. You tug off invisible dirt on your shirt to lessen the awkwardness.

“Were you spying on me?” He asks as he wraps an arm around your shoulder. .

“What- No! It’s just… the song was just oddly familiar.” You state with a curled expression after shaking his hand off.

“You know the song?”

“In korean, maybe? I’m not sure if it’s even the same song.” You shrug.

“Oh, remind me about that tomorrow. I can’t be disturbed right now. Elimination’s coming up.” He says as he pushes you lightly out of his room towards the hallway. Right, the National Olympics’ just around the corner. I wonder what I should join in to.

You hesitate to really know the title of the song but just decide to sleep and hopefully remember tomorrow. You usually forget small things easily and the song’s considered one. You open and lock your door as you got in and immediately hop on your soft and fluffy bed. Minutes later, you find yourself playing the keys of the song Tao was listening to, weirdly… above a rainbow with unicorns flying all around. You even see Lay riding on one as it passes by. The scenery then changes to an empty open space with a wide weirdly colored Cherry Blossom tree in front of you. Its yellow and orange leaves start to fall as it’s this time of the year where leaves do fall. You continue to play until you feel your feet touching the ground no more and like you’re floating on air. This is the best feeling ever.

 

---

 

It’s early in the morning when you opened your eyes and wake up from that odd dream. You feel hot and dried up so you start to walk downstairs to get something to drink. It is still quite dark that you tried to picture out where everything falls in since you’re still too sleepy to even bother turning on the lights. You are halfway through your glass of water when the lights turn on. You automatically jump from the startling happening which makes you let go the glass as it turns into millions of pieces. You remain standing like a statue.

“What the?” He hisses.

“Er…”

“Tss, I thought you were some burglar… great.” He raises his hand up in defeat or something.

“How did you know someone is here?” You ask.

“I don’t know. I just felt it, I guess.”

“Okay… anyway, I’ll clean this tomorrow since I’m sleepy but if you hate disorganization, you can clean up yourself. Bye.” You talk quickly as you tip-toe back upstairs. You just didn’t want to clean at all, really. Besides, it’s his house.

 

The sun’s rays hit your eyes as soon as it went up. You grunt from the burning light exaggeratedly. It’s Saturday so you can sleep until whenever you want to. But Tao just won’t let you.

“Yah! Get up from your bed and open the door!” He shouts from the other side of the door as he knocks on it.

“No!” You take your extra pillow and cover your face with it.

“The broken glasses still need to be cleaned up! Hey!” He shouts again.

“Later!”

“No, you do it now! They’re coming home any time this day, you know.”

“I don’t. Shut up.”

“If you don’t get up there I’m really force opening this door.”    

“Sure, whatever.” Then you no longer hear any of his blabbering. He must have realized his loudness.

Suddenly, you feel yourself being lifted up away from the bed again. Not again! Damn this guy. You don’t understand how he manages to get in. He specifically said there is no duplicate key… unless…

“You have a key? I thought…”

“I lied, okay? Every key has duplicates.” He says as he walks downstairs still carrying you bridal-style. It’s better than being carried like a sack so… okay. He slowly places you down as you reach the kitchen. He leaves as soon as he gives you the broom and dustpan. So he’s not gonna help at all? Awesome. -_-

“You’re abusing me!” You shout as he walks away from the kitchen.

“Report it then.” He casually says as he turns on the tv by the living room. That .

“One day… you’ll regret this. You will.” You mumble with yourself as you unwillingly clean up the broken pieces of glass.

 

You take in the last spoon of the fried rice Tao ordered for lunch and threw the carton in the garbage can. He is nowhere to be found again and you are getting bored just wanting to even admire the paintings hung on the walls of the dining area. You realize you haven’t even roamed around the whole house yet you’re leaving later this day. You circle around the whole ground floor but realize minutes later that it’s all just wide space for the living room, dining room, kitchen and maids’ quarters. Outside is where a garden and a rectangular pool can be found, connected to the back of the living room.

It is no fun doing that compared to how your first floor is made so you walk upstairs and try to open doors but all are locked except yours and his, and the door in front of you which is at the end of the hallway. It’s not like any other doors found around the house. Its artistry quite amazes you that you could just look at it all day. It seems to have been made from the old days with Chinese letterings on the sides. It’s too perfect yet antique to be in such a modernized home like this.

Your curiosity hooks you up that you just open the door without even knocking to check if anyone is in it. The door quite shockingly did not make any creaking sound that he didn’t notice you coming in. Two whole walls of the room are covered with mirrors but he’s closing his eyes so he can’t see you. It’s like his kind of studio wherein he practices martial arts. He’s probably doing some rituals right now… or maybe he’s just tired that he’s sleeping while sitting down, but you are thinking it’s the former.

He suddenly stands up still with closed eyes and does Wushu tricks like air flipping and tumbling. He even uses a wall to back flip himself. It’s amazing how he can do all these things without any eyesight of things around him. His concentration is good.

You realize your mouth slightly opens as he does his tricks. You cough softly so he would know there is someone else around asides him. He opens his eyes as soon as you did and shoots you an icy glare. Creepy.

“That was… deadly.” You mutter not knowing what you were talking about; either his tricks or his eyes.

“Why are you here?” He asks just standing there.

“I don’t even really know.” You say as you try not to stutter with his aura. He’s so serious right now that you’re not used to it.

“So you just sleepwalked towards here?” He asks again with a tone of annoyance. Wow.

“No… I…” But you realize you have nothing to explain with let alone a believable alibi to lie with. Even so, you just take in the fact that he’s wearing a black cottoned sleeveless that shows off he’s well-toned arm muscles, not to mention he’s dripping wet with sweat… hot. No! Yes… ugh.

“What?” He says with an amused smile. You must have done something that made him change his mood.

“Nothing.” You strongly say as he advances towards you step by step, which is creeping you out even more. Where did the cold Zi Tao go? Give him back! Why…

“Your face clearly does not show so.” He smirks as he’s just about 3 meters away from you.

“Not my fault.” You say as you start to walk backwards with the awkwardness of his closeness to you, even though it’s not really that close at all compared to all the times you were with him.

“Of course.” He’s now just inches from you that your conversation does not even make sense anymore.

“C-could you stop…” You stutter.

“Stop what?” He asks as he continues to step mischievously forward, as you step bit by bit backwards making you halt as you reach the wall. Great.

“Snap out of this psychotic stance and move away… jebal…” You strongly started but end up with a fading plea when he didn’t move a bit.

“You seem scared.” He announces as if it wasn’t evident early on.

“Really?” You say not pleased at all.

“You can’t look straight at me…” He says as he stretches his right arm and placed his palms just a little beside your head. Is he drunk or something? This is way creepy.

“What are you doing?” You ask as you were not in line of his way of thinking. He slowly leans down near you as you are just inches apart. Why is he suddenly doing this?! He keeps on bending down until his eyes are level with yours. Your heartbeat starts to thump faster every second of silence. It’s weirdly exhilarating. And it’s killing me. You can feel him breathing by your skin. It’s somehow making you jelly and dizzy. Weird.

He moves closer to your right ear and you remember that accidental kiss last time. He breathes time after time and you find it a little ticklish already, yet you don’t even want to move in fear of having déjà vu of before. You are beginning to breathe in shallow breaths in fear. You still can’t think of reasons why he’s teasing you like this.

“Now you understand the consequences of just barging in?” He whispers by your ear and you start to process his words after some seconds with delay. You immediately want to push him the hardest possible way. You can’t believe you let him trick you. Such an idiot, Jae Min. -_-

“ you, Zi Tao.” You mutter as you push him away by his chest. He is smiling widely right now as if achieved on whatever he’s thinking in his head. You hurriedly walk towards the door but see him smirk before you leave.

 

Now how to plot a murder? -_-“