The Dream

Come Back, Don't Go

 

---

Then you open your eyes. It feels nice reminiscing rare happenings of before. You won’t even deny the fact that that has happened for a lot of times since then, but nothing beats the pleasure of the first time you kissed like that. You keep your gaze by the flowers of daisies in front of you and can’t help but smile at another lingering memory. Then you observe the different people around you passing by and think of the time. Time!

You immediately stand from the wooden bench of the park and run your way towards the University. You can’t believe you let your thoughts devour you just like that. You are having a long exam on your next class, and what you’re doing now isn’t helping your body and soul to prepare for it.

It’s quite a good thing that the park is just a block away from your school so you are at the front gate in no time. You throw your ID up so the guard sees it without you having to stop. Taking the quickest way to class, you pass by Hana and Kai throwing notes at each other. You grin seeing them this way whenever. It’s always an unusual sight but you’re just glad they’re finally on good terms after three years of Kai’s persistence. You shake your head until you can no longer see them.

Then you get thrown back to a hard wall after sensing someone pull you to a hug from the back. He twirls you around and you breathe that familiar scent once again. Turns out it wasn’t really a wall but rather a hard chest.

“In a hurry?” He asks with a smug grin on his face, still holding you tight by your waist.

“I have an exam to take.” You state and try to step away from his grip.

“Of course you do.” He smiles and leans over you as he takes your hand to wrap it around his neck. You just let him do so since you’re too busy leaning back to keep space from him. Flexibility is something you already have in your bones and he’s tightly holding you anyway so you don’t feel scared to fall at all.

But he taunts to let go of you so you panic but kept it inside. The next time you realize he is really letting go of his hold on you, you immediately stand straight and wrap your arms around his nape firmer. Eyes of yours are as wide as they could possibly be.

Because of your quick reaction, he had to step back a little to keep both your balance. You find him laughing so hard you let your arms fall and push him by his chest. He didn’t budge anyway. Instead, he just laughs some more.

“It’s really funny isn’t it?” You deadpan as you cross your arms by your chest.

“You’re adorable when you’re mad.” He innocently explains and pinches your right cheek - his right hand still holding your back. He leans in once again clasping your face this time. His brown orbs never leaving yours.

You stay stuck in this alluring trance until you feel his hot lips over yours. You close your eyes and let your arms fall by your side once more. He moves his lips and you follow, never really wanting to stop. You miss him so much to end this just yet. You both know this is one that’s full of longing. You haven’t seen each other for two weeks because of the piled up deadlines and exams. And if ever you did, well you weren’t exactly this close.

A distant noise of something falling coats your ears as you immediately glance over where it came from. “And I see this scenery again.” Chanyeol grumbles as he raises a side of his mouth.

“I didn’t expect seeing this…” Chen mutters as he bends down to pick up the papers he let go of earlier because of shock.

“They’re not even breaking away from each other even after seeing us.” Baekhyun comments with a gloomy aura around him.

“You’re only saying that because you’re this one lovesick fool.” D.O. teases at Baekhyun making him receive a not so forceful punch on the shoulder.

“Where’s Suho hyung?” asks Tao.

“He took his exam earlier than us. We’re actually on our way there too.” Chen answers as they start to walk towards you.

“Exam! Of course I was running for an exam!” You burst out remembering why you were indeed in such a hurry. “You made me forget that!” You shout at Tao. He just ruffles your hair in return.

“What love does to people really,” D.O. comments with a smile on his face.

“I’m leaving first. Bye.” You quickly speak out moving away from his grasp but before you could actually step away, he holds you by the wrist. You stop and turn looking confused.

“I’m walking you there.” He answers before you’d even have the chance to ask. You only shrug and let him walk with you hand-in-hand leaving the four in awe. You know his department is on the other hallway through but you let him take you to your room since it is partially his fault why you’re late anyway.

You are on your third year in the course BS Architecture and you’re doing quite well. Hana, Kai and Luhan are taking up accountancy and you perfectly understand why. The rest are all taking up business related courses because obviously they are going to be the ones managing their parents’ businesses later on.

When they caught you kissing during Chanyeol’s birthday three years back, you ended up not being able to think of a good lie and just told them half the truth - the one wherein Hana already knows of. It was only later that school year that they knew of you being fiancé and fiancée to each other. They took it well though so nothing of a ruckus arose. They were rather happy for the both of you. And even though it has been years, some still don’t like seeing the two of you being all sweet and fluffy around each other, especially Chen and Baekhyun. It was so obvious earlier anyway.

“I’ll see you later.” He says as he lets go of your hand.

“Okay.” It is the last day of exams today and it’s a Friday so you’ll finally be able to see each other more often.

He leaves first while you walk in your class. Everyone didn’t quite care you are late and is in fact too focused on answering the test. You aren’t bothered anyway. Unlike high school, people in college only care about their own and mind their own business pretty well. Another reason why you like college, of course.

 

It is three in the afternoon when you finish taking up all your remaining exams. You walk your way to your usual hang-out place located in the middle of all your buildings and find yourself looking at the backs of three people – Kai, Hana and Luhan.

“That was the answer?” Kai asks with eyes squinted at Hana.

“Yes it was, you loser.” Hana answers almost flipping her hair in the process.

“Why are you so good at this?” Luhan comments on without really knowing what the two were talking about. He’s only stuck on staring at her for awhile now. It is only you who have seemed to notice that, fortunately.

The place where you stay during vacant times is called a mushroom. It’s circular in shape with circular benches all around it. It also has somewhat of a mushroom shape as a ceiling to shade you from the sun’s heat. Lucky enough, it is built to fit all thirteen of you altogether.

You sit on the side of the bench across them and gaze at the three. It’s obvious how the two of them are still head over heels over her as she’s still crazily in love with Myungsoo. No one believes that excuse though, but you prefer not lingering on it.

“Jae Min!” Hana screams upon seeing you. Took you long enough. You smile back at her.

“How was the exam?” Asks Kai.

“Tolerable.” You mumble before putting in earphones on your ears. You don’t exactly want to hear any of Kai and Luhan’s tactics to flatter Hana’s heart. In fact, you’re tired of it.

Minutes after you think you have fallen asleep – a state of mind where you think you’re dreaming already but you can also still sense the surrounding you’re in - a pair of warm jacket is placed on your shoulders. It is the season of winter and you know why someone covers you with it. Though you wouldn’t have realized that if it wasn’t for him.

 

You dream of the winter snow and the maple tree surrounded by cherry blossoms. You walk closer towards it and as you do; a silhouette of a boy turns real. His back is on you and as you are about to reach him to turn him around, his whole façade turns blurry and you feel dizzy.

“Who are you?” You keep on asking but he only walks closer.

“Squishy, you’re back.” He is still an art of blurred lines but you can clearly see the huge smile forming by his lips.

“Squishy?” Your brow creases.

“Don’t be like that, Jae. You said to never forget, remember?” He pouts and teasingly answers you.

“Who are you?”

“I’m your best friend.” He holds out his hand.

“Then what’s your name?” You try to control yourself. This man is playing around with you.

“I’m…” He starts and as you grab hold of his lending hand, his whole existence turns to a block of dark smoke as the whole place burns in flames and only ashes from the fire falls by your whole body. No more snow, no more maple trees, and no more of that un-faced boy.

You keep repeating the words who are you like a mantra… until someone shakes you up from your once beautiful dream that turned dark.

“Shhh it’s just a bad dream. It’s okay.” He rocks you like a baby as he caresses your hair back and forth. You breathe in.

“I dreamt of it again, Tao. And like all the times he turned to smoke but this time everything turned to a mash of grey ashes. What if something happened to him, Tao? What if… if he’s de—”

“Don’t think of such Jae. It’s just a dream. It’s all in your head.”

“But what if…”

“It’s not real.” He stares at you as he cups your face with both his hands. “Now go back to sleep. I’ll stay on the couch to watch over you. Okay?” Apparently, you have a cushioned couch on your room. You nod since you don’t want to be alone right now either.

“Go back to sleep, Jae Min.” He mumbles as he softly kisses your forehead and walks towards the couch. You lie down your bed and think of happy thoughts as you close your eyes once again. It’s all in my head. My mind is just messing around with me. It’s not real.

 

“It shouldn’t be.” You whisper and finally fall to sleep again.

 

---

Here's another update within a week. :D
We didn't have most classes so I was able to write up a whole chapter.
Hope you enjoyed reading this. ^^