The Visit

Come Back, Don't Go

 

---

 

You look around the surroundings and feel nothing but worthlessness. Everyone’s all up and energized, casually battling out with one another while you are just staying seated on the mat by the floor. It’s free class and you decided to attend to your club. You missed sparring with people like this and today was your chance.

But Tao was being too protective.

He argues out that you are still recovering and too weak to start kicking. He says you shouldn’t drain your energy because you’re still healing. So instead, he made you sit where you are now and just observe the people around.

You can’t even try and sneak in to spar because he’s just around the corner, peripherally gazing at you from time to time. Yes, he’s usually like this but it makes you feel weird. That probably he’ll be doing this until the future from now on. It’s cute, but it’s something to get used to still.

Right now, he’s intently meditating alone, casually turning and jumping whenever he wants to. You keenly stare at him with your expressionless façade, following his every move with your eyes, and silently wish for him to trip over or something. You don’t like it the most when you’re being forbidden to do certain things you love.

Weird enough, it did happen. He turns smoothly but twists his ankle and falls off balance but manages to use his hand for support. And you can’t help but outburst your laughter and close your eyes after. Your voice booms around the place and you only cover your mouth and look away when you opened your eyes and realize he stands up and looks at you directly. You pretended like nothing happened but you know he’d be too nice to not do anything back.

You can hear slow footsteps coming closer and you only wish for the impossible.

“Having fun huh?” He says in a monotone as he cross-sits beside you.

“I’m bored.” You answer still looking away.

“You were clearly happy earlier.” He beams in a joking manner. “Perhaps you wanted that to happen to me.” He speaks out. “Do you really want me hurt? I could’ve sprained my ankle if I was a second too late you know.”

“What? You’re overreacting.” You scoff as you turn to him.

“I know.” He smirks as he ruffles you hair. You try your hardest to move his hands away from your head. “I’ve seen what I wanted.” He smiles and starts to stand up.

“What?”

“Wait for me. I’ll just go change.” He says as he walks towards the lockers on the other side of the room.

“And who does he think he is?” You mumble to yourself as he is already far away in the lockers. Meanwhile, some of the club members pass by you as they seem to have finished free time. They are talking in whispers but you’re just keen enough to hear them. It’s not like you’re eavesdropping. It’s simply because they talk a little louder than a whisper.

“Our president seemed to have become happier, right?” A senior says.

“Tao oppa? Yeah. He’s like the person we knew the past year.” Says the only junior girl around with a smile on her face.

“Did they get back together?” Asks another guy.

“You’re still hoping for that? It was pretty clear she left him for good.”

“I wonder who changed him back like this.”

“She’s just around somewhere actually. You’re just not looking deep into things.” Says the same senior guy as he passes a glance at you. You slowly look away and curse lightly because he seems to realize and puzzle together the situation. You stay your sight glued on the floor until it shows a shadow.

“Let’s go.”

“Pull me up to a stand.” You say reaching out your right hand. He eyes you confusingly but pulls you nonetheless.

“That’s a first.” He comments.

“Trust me, a lot more of that will come.” You sardonically answer as you both walk out of the room.

 

---

 

Many days have passed and Tao’s company is really helping you cope up with Kris’ absence. You find yourself wanting to be with him because he actually is a good person. You start talking about random things as slowly it gets down to some average happenings of before. You’re not that close to talk about really deep things but a little more and probably you will. Even so, you’re happy to get along well, like the first days when you knew about the marriage and all.

It’s a Wednesday today and you and Hana are on your way to meet up with the boys to talk about Chanyeol’s birthday party later. The bell just rang for lunchtime so the hallways are filled with people, which makes it hard for you to run across the corridors.

“Look who’s here.” Says a familiar voice you haven’t argued with for weeks. You roll eyes.

“It’s so nice to see you too but we’re in a hurry so not now.” You say quickly and try to walk around them but one gets hold of your still healing arm. You jerk back immediately as you try to mask away the pain it’s giving.

“You’re not going anywhere.” Says Yoona as she places herself between the other two.

“What is it now?” Asks Hana.

“We really need to go.” You say nonchalantly in hopes they’d let it go but Jiyeon only holds your arm tighter. “Hey—Ow! Ugh, don’t do that!” You suppress your urge to scream in pain by gritting your teeth.

“It hurts right?” Asks Yoona in a fake manner.

“It was good thing I saw your cut during swimming lectures.” Beams Jiyeon.

“You have a weakness after all.” Comments Hyoyeon.

“Isn’t that such an achievement then?” You note as you stare at Yoona without batting an eye.

“Listen here you , we know about Chanyeol’s birthday party and we want in. So you should do something about it since we’re not listed on that filthy list and then we can let you go.” Yoona whispers as she steps forward.

“You really are desperate people.” You say, “OW DAMN IT!” You shout this time as Jiyeon presses on your cut with much more force than earlier.

“Hey stop it!” Hana says trying to pull Jiyeon’s hand but she gets pushed to the floors by Hyoyeon. She gets a hard fall there. Everyone walking by starts to stay and make a full circle around you. It’s a sick thing that they’re not trying to do anything to stop the three and help you two.

“Let me go!” You shout at Jiyeon as you push her away making her stumble to the crowd a little and walk over to Hana. You help her stand up. “Are you okay?” You ask.

“Yeah, it’s just… my hurts.” She laughs a little.

“C’mon Jae Min, give us a good show. Everyone’s thirsty for it.”

“Don’t think of me as someone like you. I don’t fight back on such petty reasons.” You answer.

“It’s a good thing for us then.”

“We’ve learned a lot over the break.”

“Yeah, one goes like this,” says Hyoyeon as she starts to make a flying kick towards you. Luckily, your reflexes are fast and she misses your face.

“Try harder.”

“Sure!” Jiyeon answers and kicks you on the part where you also got cut on the stomach, probably out of luck. You got caught off guard that she hits you hard and you fall. You breathe out the air from your lungs.

You want to stand back up but your injuries hurt as if they were still fresh of a wound. Instead, you stay bended on th floor as Hana crouches down beside you.

“You’ve gotten weak Jae Min. Is that how love affects you?”

“After Kris left you got gloomy.”

“What are you talking about? Kris is my best friend. Don’t make yourself look stupid.”

“Not only Kris , but Tao too.” Some people gasp at Yoona’s remark. They are talking different things and you start to get annoyed by it. You stay emotionless though.

“Everyone here knows.” The crowd starts to whisper about it too. You’re pretty confident it’s not about the marriage anyway so you don’t argue. Yoona talks about more things but you don’t listen anymore.

People from afar then start to scream as if well-known people have arrived. The screams and yells, even laughter slowly get louder only making you decide on the fact that whoever arrived here is coming closer to you. You can’t see anyone from your position on the floor but you can already see people parting and making way for them. Yoona stops talking and turns around. Everyone turns silent as the wind seems to have filled the place making everyone’s hair flip around and such.

“O-oppa…” she sounds too cute it’s disgusting. You are closing your eyes this time for the pain is stinging so you don’t really see who’s around.

“Oppa!” Hana beams this time. She doesn’t usually call guys oppa unless they are guys really close to her but are older.

“What are you doing on the floor, you two?” Asks a familiar cheeky voice. Ryeowook.

You open your eyes and see all of them in front of you with their asking gaze. “Uhh… why are you…” You mumble.

“They hurt Jae Min oppa!” Hana says to her brother, Eunhyuk, while pointing at the three.

“How would they hurt her? She’s stone.” Kyu comments on.

Donghae and Sungmin go nearer to you and help you stand up. The rest of the people around are as shocked as the three.

“How… you idols know them?” Siwon nods his head.

“But they’re just—You es! What did you do now?!” Yoona breaks out.

“Take that back will you? You’re talking nonsense.” Shindong utters.

“You don’t call my sister like that.” Kyu says. “Mine too.” Eunhyuk adds. Many more people in the crowd gasp.

“Sister?!”

“But you guys are Super Junior… and they’re just… they’re just…” She stops. It slowly makes her realize that she actually knows nothing about your identity. They got too clouded up by EXO that she never thought about even searching for you on the internet.

“Oh my gosh! They have the same last names.” Jiyeon shouts.

“Makes sense right?” Heechul sarcastically tells her.

“I hope it cleared your crazy minds.” Kangin says.

“Why did we never know about this?” Yoona asks the two under her breath.

“Don’t be upset now. No one ever knew.” You answer to make her feel more hopeless.

“Will you be kind enough and stop hurting them then?” Eunhyuk starts as he comes closer to the three. “As a favor… from all of us?” he adds. The three probably gets awestruck by him that they quickly nod and just run away.

“Okay, show’s over now. You may take your lunch.” Kyu talks loudly as everyone starts to walk away towards different directions.

 

You end up eating lunch out with Super Junior and EXO. One reason why they came here is to visit their old school, but really it is because they are free for the day and they want to celebrate Chanyeol’s birthday. It makes you feel bad that people at school will notice you more because of the fact that you are sisters of the well-known boyband but not as much because finally, the three will never be at your tails any longer. The pain of your injury quickly subsided as you took a painkiller.

“Oh, the food’s here!” Xiumin beams as he sees the dumplings.

“Yah it’s my birthday. I get to eat everything first.” Chanyeols smiles widely but gets stopped by others.

“That thing doesn’t work around here anymore.” Ryeowook says.

“True, especially with us people.” D.O. adds up.

“Ah, why?” Chanyeol argues as he sighs.

“Don’t worry Chanyeol, you’ll still get to eat every food here.” Suho taps him by the shoulder.

“Don’t be so sure about that!” Shindong comments as he is already eating ddeukbokki.

“Ah, chicken!” Kai says and starts eating the leg.

“Excuse me sir, you sell bubble tea here right?” Asks Sehun. Luhan hears that and shakes head. “Sehun, they don’t… sell that… here. No.”

“Let’s all greet him first!” Chen suggests with a grin.

“That’s right. We should say our wishes for Chanyeol one by one.” Lay adds to Chen’s idea.

“What? No way. He doesn’t need wishes.” Baekhyun interrupts that Chanyeol only hits him by the head. “What do you mean yah?!” But Baekhyun only rolls eyes and eats the bread.

“Annoying idiots.” You look at the two, with Chanyeol still arguing. You end up murmuring what’s on your mind that Tao hears.

“You’re used to it anyway.” He answers by your ear. You can feel his breath by your skin.

Your eyes widen by his sudden closeness. You remember Kyu even sitting in front of you. “Shut up and just eat your food, okay?” You glare at him with gritted teeth. He quickly understands why you’re acting like this and instead encircles his left arm behind your chair as if placing them on your shoulders. He then eats with his other hand, plastered on his face a self-satisfied smirk.

You immediately look over all the people but breathe when no one seem to have noticed. They are all focused on their food. Apparently, no one even wished for Chanyeol. You’re thinking they’d do that on the surprise party later. You take a glance at Kyu and only find him smiling knowingly as he lightly wiggles his brows. You look away and just tried to eat food. This is so ughhh.

They all talk about random things and guy stuffs while you just finish your slice of cake. Hana’s busy eating all the good food in front of her that she forgets she’s actually sitting between Kai and Luhan. They’re in a better relationship than before but everyone else thinks that she only thinks of them as friends, and unfortunately nothing more. But the two are too happy and overwhelmed to even feel down.

It’s fun to have all these guys around. You just got too guarded to see the beauty and happiness they make altogether. Bit by bit though, you appreciate them. Bit by bit, you open your hidden self to them. Maybe fully not now, but soon enough. It’s weird to not have Kris around. But it’s actually nice and refreshing to be with such people here. They make you forget the real world for awhile.

That even with the littlest effort, they too, make me happy.

 

---

Hello. I’m really sorry about the long wait. *90degreesbow* I mean, I’ve been gone for more than a month.
It’s just that I’ve been really busy with school works and senior life is simply not easy.
Our internet also went down so this is why.
But it’s Christmas break now so I’m really sure I can update better than before. ^^

And I hope you liked the chapter, if anyone is actually still reading this.
Anyway, ‘til the next update. Hahaha. XDDD