The Club

Come Back, Don't Go

 

---

 

You have been ignorant of the discussion the whole time because you were really in a deep slumber. Well that continued until someone actually disturbed that. At least you get to hug Sungjong~

“I don’t think she’ll ever wake up!” panicked Chanyeol, and his shout actually made you wake up but not to completely open your eyes up.

“Don’t worry too much. She’s just sleeping,” calmed Suho.

“You should really wake her up now. It’s time for the next class.” Said Xiumin and walked out of the room as Chanyeol followed him.

“Er.. Chen? What should we do?” asked Suho. He tried almost all the things just to wake you up, shook you a little, moved the table a bit, and whispered to your ear but you didn’t even nudge earlier.

“Poke her?”  implied Chen. And so Suho did poke you and this time, you straightened up and opened your eyes. The sun was striking hardly at your vision.

“Ugh, the sun really?” you grunted. Wow, she actually woke up! Thought Suho.

“Er.. hi Jae Min. It’s time for the free class. You might want to go there now.”

“Professors there are creepy,” said Chen as he stood up from his chair. But Suho chuckled. He looks cute.

“Well it’s not really like that. You shouldn’t be worried at all,” Suho said as he waved his hands from left to right as to saying that it’s not true. The two of them started to walk away as they bid goodbye to you but you stopped them. You don’t actually know where your next class is.

“Can you help me find my room?” both of them were actually a little shocked. They did not really think of you as someone who would ask that. But they gladly helped anyway. What was weird then was the fact that every girl in the hallway you three were walking was shooting daggers at you. It was creepy, just like the situation in the shop. And the three of you stopped on another building.

“So this is the place of your club. I didn’t actually think of you as the martial arts kind of girl.” Said Suho as he rubbed the back of his neck.

“I get that a lot.”

“Anyway we should be going to!” Said Suho as he bid goodbye, for today.

“Thanks Suho, and you too, Chen.” You said and smiled at them as they left for their club. They on the other hand belonged to one club and Chen is actually the vice president there. They’re in the singing club and you don’t know what that club is really called. You could care less.

 

You slid the doors open and entered the club. It was actually pretty big from what you expected and one wall was actually a mirrored one. Though, there weren’t a lot of people in there either. You saw the professor and went up to him on the corner where a table is placed. One third of the floor is actually covered with soft foam for protection.

“Oh, I see you’re Miss Cho?” the professor asked. He doesn’t actually seem creepy as Chen said. But you just nodded. You weren’t really that nice around strangers. Well, Suho and Chen seemed to be the exceptions.

“You have good records here. But why weren’t you around yesterday?” You forgot about that. Compared to your homeroom teacher, this one seemed intimidating. But you never get intimidated easily either.

“Jet lag.” You said, but you knew you got home 4 days ago. You and Hana just didn’t feel like coming to school on Mondays. Both of you just stayed at her house yesterday. Even your mom didn’t know that.

“Okay, well. For a newcomer here, let’s do sparring.” And both of you went to the part of the floor that had foams.

“Can I just ask?” You said while getting ready to make a move.

“You’re asking.” He said, but not in an annoying way.

“Are there really just few people in the club?”

“Oh no. Some are in the tracking field. Exercise. We are actually good in number. Don’t worry,” I’m not worrying.

Then he made the first move, luckily you were able to dodge his fist. That kept happening until you got to his back and head-locked him and bended his leg. He was then falling weakly on the ground. You let him go and he was clapping his hands loudly. That was easy.

“Only because I made it easy for you, kid. I was waiting for you to make such a move,” That’s why.

“Fair enough.” You said. After some more sparring, both of you went to sit on one of the benches and drank water.

“You know, there aren’t a lot of females entering this club. Either they aren’t as good as you, or they just want to see the President.” You got curious.

“President? Don’t they know that this is a sacred form of art?”

“Exactly, they were kicked out easily though. Yea, the president who manages the people here. I’m just a teacher. Don’t worry, he’s not that bad.”

“Is he good?”

“You can beat him up.” That heightened your self-esteem. No one must be as good as you, you should always be better. That has always been yours and Hana’s motto in life. It works every time.

 From afar though, he was observing you. She didn’t actually need my help at all.

 

---

 

Meanwhile, at Hana’s club, she was talking to the President. She’s in a dance club.

“Really? You’re a Shawol?!” Hana almost shrieked. But she composed herself. She just can’t go fangirling in a place like this. Too many strangers. She thought. Though she’s unlike you, strangers don’t make her feel unsafe, she just hated it.

“Yea. I actually know Lucifer--”

“You too?!”

“Of course! I’m so glad there’s someone like you here. We would surely be friends!”

“I know right.” She feels better talking to a Kpop girl like her. Gwiyomi will love her too!

“Can we dance Lucifer together?” Yuri asked, that was her name.

“Thought you’d never ask!” Then they both went on one wall in front of the mirror. Unlike yours, there studio had three mirrored walls. Though, not everyone’s around there, too.

The song blasted on Yuri’s speakers and they both danced to Lucifer like how SHINee dances to it, somehow even better. They both didn’t care about other people’s looks at them because they were having fun. They even danced Replay and Ring Ding Dong together after. She dances so well. Thought Kai and Luhan separately.

 

 “I’ve never seen our president be so happy like that on a newcomer.” Said Yoona, in a y way.

“Yea. Like she’s some… ugh. I hate her.” Said Jiyeon.

“She can’t just barge in like that! How can she be friends with the president?!” outraged Hyo Yeon.

“Obviously, she tricked her. Even her friend in my class acted as if she owned this place.” Said Jiyeon and she was talking about you. You didn’t even notice her earlier though. Actually you didn’t notice anyone except Suho and Chen. Makes sense.

“She better not step on us too. We rule this place.” They actually think they do.

“As long as she doesn’t steal my Lulu~ I don’t care.” Said Yoona with hearts as her eyes.

 

“That was so fun!” Hana remarked after they stopped dancing.

“Yea, we should do that often.” They both sat on the benches.

“Hey Yuri! We’re going out. It’s too depressing here,” said Hyo Yeon and glared at Hana. The three of them walked out.

“Who are they?”

“They’re the Queenkas here. es for me.” And Yuri chuckled.

“Do they dance well?” Like you, Hana don’t like competitions, well Yuri’s an exception.

“Everyone here does pretty much. But the one who glared at you is the best among girls. You better watch out. They don’t like competition. They bully a lot of people-”

“And they don’t get detention for that?”

“No one’s tough enough to report them. Besides, their families are some of the biggest shareholders in this school.” But Hana thought yours were the biggest still. That was actually a fact. Being the best company in Korea and in Europe had some perks with it too. Though being rich isn’t even everything.

 

---

 

The free class, or the one you can do anything with, either be in your club or be at the library as long as it’s in school grounds ended a while ago. That was your last class or the day so you decided to fetch Hana by her room. She, was actually fixing up her bag to go, too.

“Hey Hana,” someone stopped her from walking right after she stood up. She thought she was alone.

“You need something?” she asked.

“Why? Will you give it to me?” he said and smirked. A conceited jerk. She thought. She was about to leave but he stood strong as rock in front of her.

“I’m Kai!” he said. But she just looked at him.

“I don’t care,” she said and walked passed him as he just stood there, frozen. She rejected me?! He thought. She was the first to do that. And right on time, you stood by her door.

“Oh shikshin, you seem mad.” You said, and you realized she wasn’t alone.

“Who’s that?” you asked and pointed at Kai.

“A jerk.” And she dragged you away quickly.

Geez, why don’t I know that language? Thought Kai. I should ask Kris about that word later.

 

You and Hana were walking by the hallway when you saw from the corner of your eye someone so familiar. But you’re tired and you wanted to go home now, or at least back in JR’s studio. If that someone familiar is destined for you to see, maybe you’ll see him tomorrow. But really, you’re just lazy. All in all though, your day was pretty good.

 

“Yah Kris!” Kai shouted as he saw him walking by the hallway.

“Yea?”

“What is the meaning of ‘jerk’?” he asked since he was really curious, and only Kris knows that. But Kris just laughed and walked away. Really?