The Stay

Come Back, Don't Go

 

So finally after almost 3 weeks, I updated. >____< Happy Camp was so funny that I finished this. Okay. ^^

----

 

You are still imagining how your week would be in a very unfamiliar place when Kris pulled you out of the backseat of the car. Lifeless, you are just letting yourself be dragged along by him. You aren’t really scared about it, it’s just that you are not prepared about this coming along, at all. It’s just a week anyway, it’s not that long. You keep on thinking since you are sure that next week would be fun anyway. I hope.

“So yours would be the one in front of mine. Get it?” Tao asked, but you aren’t listening. You just stared at him. You didn’t even realize that you are already sitting on one of the couches in the living room wherein Kris is beside you.

“I’ll just show you.” He said and started to walk upstairs. You still had the initiative to follow him since you kind of put together the pieces of what he was talking about. Kris followed behind you.

The stairs are made of glass and there are no handles on. Almost everything in the house is glass, even some walls. It’s tainted though so it’s safe. The house is business-oriented and it explains how it’s all steels and chromes. Although you like the fact that neutral colors are all over the place, the house seemed too empty that it’s sickening. You wonder how he feels about his own home, if it even is one.

He opened the door in front of you and led you in. He then turned the lights on.

“This will be your room, and here’s the key,” you took the key but looked at him again.

“Don’t worry, that’s the only one.” He said understanding what you meant.

“I’m hungry.” You said, and he was so close to facepalming but he suppressed it.

“Er… Kris, there’s ramen on the top cupboard.” He said as he started to bring in your luggage.

“What would you do without me?” Kris rhetorically said as he walked out and down to the kitchen.

Since you can’t do anything, and you didn’t even want to anyway, Tao unpacked your clothes as you were just half lying on your temporary bed. You missed the feeling where someone takes care of you this much. Suddenly, you missed everyone. You wanted to go back to that tree.

“Er… I should just leave these… still… in, right?” He said pointing at your undergarments. Your eyes were wide in shock since it totally went out of your head. You sat up so sudden that your cut by your tummy ached badly.

“Wha- Ow! Just leave it… damn.” You muttered. He quickly went beside you.

“Are you okay?”

“Are you kidding me?” Did he need to ask?

“Sorry.” Awkwardness comes along.

Food is ready!” Kris shouted from the kitchen.

“Can you stand… or…”

“I can’t even do anything right? You expect me to fly or--”

“I’d carry you, I mean.” And your mouth shaped into an O. You had no choice. You were really hungry that food can’t wait any longer. You nodded so he slowly carried you bridal style and you wrapped your left arm around his neck since your right was still gauzed.

You wanted to quicken the pace of time as you walked down the flight of glass stairs. It was really discomfiting. You reached the kitchen and found Kris placing bowls on the table. The three of you stopped whatever you were doing when you saw each other. It got more uncomfortable.

“Hurry up and place me down.” You mumbled and he abided.

“Can you eat with your left hand?” Tao asked as he placed some ramen on your bowl. He was sitting beside you while Kris was across you.

“I’m not that useless.” You said and took the chopsticks with your left hand. You started to get some noodles but at some point they all fell back in the bowl.

“Or maybe I am.” You muttered and placed the chopsticks by the bowl. This will be something to get used to.

“Oh… I need to go home. Noona’s coming home tonight.” Kris said as he stood up.

“Unnie? That must be nice.”

“Thanks for cooking duizhang.” Tao said and Kris just raised his hand up and went out the door. It’s just the two of you now.

“So… aaaaah.” You said and opened your mouth. He was feeding you for the past days anyway. You were that hungry. -___-

“Tss.” He said and took the chopsticks you were just holding. What a dinner, eh?

 

“You’re just gonna sit there?”

“You expect me to wash the dishes? I can’t even eat properly.”

“Just go upstairs.” He said and turned his back on you as he started to wash the dishes. I really am of no use. I love this.

“Yes, father—pffft.” You said as you walked towards the stairs, stifling your laughter. Hana’s coming by tomorrow anyway. He’s no fun. Ugh.

You opened your door and walked towards the bed. You were getting sleepy and found yourself closing your eyes by the minute. You were so close to holding his hands again by the tree when you heard faint knocks on the door that made you wake up.

“What?!” You groaned.

“Still awake?”

“I’m sleeping!” Bai chi.

“Sorry, did I wake you up?” No, you didn’t. Ugh.

“Anyway… goodnight.” He said and you can hear him walking away with the faded footsteps noise. You felt calm after that. Weird.

 

---

 

“Gwiyomiiiiiiiiiii!” Hana shouted as soon as she stepped in the living room where you were watching tv.

“Gwiyomi?” Tao asked coming from the kitchen.

“Oh yeah. See, that’s her nickname because--”

“Shut up Hana! Just SHUT. UP.” You glared at her.

“Come on, that’s no fair! You’re in my house hey!” Tao exclaimed.

“You are not meant to know everything.” You mumbled as he sat beside you. You then realized how Hana got her eyes wide open still standing by the door. Oh right, she still doesn’t know anything.

“Is this too shocking for you, Hana?” You sly asked.

“Er… no. I’m hungry, do you have any food?” She asked as she walked towards the kitchen as if she owned the place. She’s always like that when it comes to food anyway. When she was out of hearing distance, Tao asked.

“She doesn’t know?” He said word by word, eyeing you curiously.

“Soon she will. Not now. So act right.” You nudged him and he acted hurt. On the other hand, your tummy ached again because of too much force used.

You both are just sitting there watching a music chart on tv while Hana is still probably searching for food in the kitchen. Suddenly, INFINITE’s teaser video popped out. The track is titled ‘Destiny’ and Sungjong is ASFHJLUMNBREHDFBWHAT IS AIR? You tried to hold in your fangirl feels because Tao is beside you but it’s too strong that you can’t. >___<

“OMG they’re coming back!” You wailed as Tao was just weirdly looking at you.

“Weird fangirls.” He whispered but you heard.

“Hana! Myungsoo’s here! Hurry, hurry, hurry!” You shouted and even faster than light, she was already sitting beside you. Unfortunately, the video already ended and she just reached the ending wherein the new INFINITE sign is being flashed. It is so cool and is like the best infinite sign since debut. You and Hana were both clapping your hands together just to lessen the feels since Tao is just beside you. He couldn’t understand but he is trying to. After all, he might deal with this for the rest of his life.

“So… let’s move on with our lives now and you should prepare lunch,” you said pointing at Tao as you stood up. “Hana, let’s go upstairs and watch the video again.” You said as you were about to pull Hana up but just realized that you were actually feeling pain on your arms already, so you stood straight and slowly walked towards the stairs.

Suddenly, you felt yourself being lifted up and astonishment made you wrapped your left hand around his neck. He’s carrying you again. You heard a faint gasp seconds later. Seriously, Hana’s exaggerating. And you could only roll eyes.

He slowly placed you on your bed and went out to cook lunch though you doubt he actually would. You’re thinking he’d probably just order pizza or something. Hana the laptop and searched for the video teaser of INFINITE since she wasn’t able to watch it earlier.

“OH MY MARRY ME MYUNGSOO!” She screamed so loud that you’re thinking Tao’s probably shaking his head at the moment. Why am I thinking of such things? O_o

“Tone it down. This is not your house, nor is it mine, okay?” You murmured.

“Whatever. Let’s watch it again!” She said and replayed the video too many times then that you got sleepy. You’re not usually like this, probably because of your injury.

“Are you really that close now?” She asked.

“Who?” You asked knowing all too well who she was talking about.

“Tao, of course. You’re closeness is just too sudden. And it has been just days! Is something going on between you two?” She eyed you. You would have choked already if only you were drinking water. You still didn’t want her to know the fiancé thing right now.

“Nothing is happening.”

“So is this going to be a love story in denial stage?” She giddied up.

“No. He’s meant to take care of me since our mothers are best friends and he’s nice… under circumstances… but yeah--”

“Or maybe he likes you!” She squealed.

“Tss, no. He’s still in love with his ex, remember?” You said pointing at her forehead and pushing it as she falls back. Clumsy.

“Lies, a person’s feeling changes over time. He likes you.” She said standing up from the floor.

“Says the girl who never even fell in love--”

“But Myungsoo--”         

“Not counted. That’s infatuation. He is childhood friend anyway.” You said as-a-matter-of-fact and she just curved her lower lip downwards. Ugh, not even cute. Ew.

Suddenly, the door opened. Both of you stopped moving like stones especially Hana since she was random dancing due to overloaded feels.

“Oh… pizza’s here.” He said, and closed the door again. See?

 

After eating lunch, aka pizza, you and Hana continued to read kpop updates in your room while Tao is either practicing Wushu in his studio or asleep. He always does either of the two, as he said. It was getting late so Hana decided to leave.

“This is the best day ever!” She shouted as you walked to the gate.

“Everyday always is to you.” You muttered.

“But really, you don’t seem to be coming from an almost kidnapping and a fight. You’re normal, which you shouldn’t be be—who am I kidding? You’re always neutral on things.”

“Good thing you know.” You said, and waited.

“So you’ll be staying here ‘til Saturday?”

“Probably.” You weren’t sure. Then her car arrives.

“Anyway, don’t forget next week! We’ll be staying at Luhan’s house. Bye!” She beamed and you just nodded. You went back inside after she had gone.

 

You immediately smelled something so good coming from the kitchen that you tried to go there the quickest possible. You found Tao garnishing something since it looked cooked already. You silently got behind him and walked your way to his side.

“So you can actually cook.” You whispered with approving smile.

“One of the few I know.” He said and held the plate as he placed it above the table.

You started eating side by side as he was still feeding you. You admit that the dish tastes delicious as if made from a five-star resto. Or you may be just exaggerating.

“You’re coming to Luhan’s house too right?” You asked all of a sudden.

“Yeah, why?”

“We’ll still be seeing each other then.”

“You mean with this arm?” He asked as he lifted your arm a little.

“It will be better. Besides, you’ll be there.”

“So you like my existence now?” He asked not quite amused by your idea.

“No. But you have to help me on things. Besides, they won’t care. My arm is a reasonable cause.”

“Whatever.” He said and continued feeding you. You actually worry though. What if they’d actually get suspicious? Nah. I can think of on-the-spot explanations. I should. But I should stop lying though, yet they shouldn’t know. It would be awkward.

 

Why did he ever have to be the fiancé? Ugh.