The Reason

Come Back, Don't Go

 

Waaa, sorry. I'm in a hurry to go somwhere! Here's a double update anyway. Waaa. I'll add some gifs there later. Kbye. XOXO ^^

---

 

You were once again woken up by the faint strikes of the sunlight against your face. You knew what day today is. You didn’t want to go to school, in fact you didn’t want to go anywhere. You only want to stay in bed in a curled up position and cry, until you can’t anymore. In the back of your head though, you knew your mom wouldn’t let you do that.

“Jae Min-ah! Wake up! I cooked you breakfast!” your mom smiled as she entered your room. You hate her when she’s like this. It makes you feel more miserable. It was obvious she was just trying to brighten up your mood and you’re half happy knowing she actually cares. But you can never be happy on a day like this, not when you lost someone on it.

“Ugh, you’re annoying!” You mumbled under your pillow and threw her a throw pillow when she didn’t stop.

“You’ll be late for school, hurry up!” She said and swiped from you away your thick blanket. You still didn’t want to budge but she managed to push you in the shower anyway. Thirty minutes after, you were already walking down the stairs the slowest possible way.

It took you 15 minutes to just sit on your chair in the dining table. There was a lot of food in the table. You’re wondering if you’ll ever eat any of it even. To satisfy your mom, you took pancakes, bacons and an apple. It took you a longer time to finish just those.

“Where’s appa?” You asked while chewing your bacon.

“He’s in his office.” Of course. It’s been a long time since you ate together with your mom, longer with your dad though.

“I’m done.” You said as you stood up bringing the apple with you.

“You’re not gonna eat the rest? You ate so little!”

“The maids would want them. I’m full already.” You said and went back upstairs to get your bag and headed for school. You heard your mom shout ‘goodbye’ as you walk out. That was a first since 3 years.

You took the same bus to go to school and were relieved Tao wasn’t in the same bus you’re at. You even thought for awhile about that. You were pretty sure he had his own car, but why a bus? Then you thought maybe his car was broken or… Why am I even thinking about him? Then you thought it must be because of what he said yesterday. You’re still not fully pledged on wanting to be a mascot, worse to be a Panda.

 

---

 

You were walking pass the gate when Hana waved at you. You knew she’d do her best to make you happy, too. Even Kris would do that for sure.

“Waa Jae Min, look what I bought you!” She beamed as you both walked up to class.

“It’s not my birthday.”

“I know! Here it is.” She gave you a paper bag and nudged you to open it. You looked in it and found a bag.

“Teneeeeeeeeeen!” She sounded with her hands everywhere.

“You bought me a bag--”

“A Gucci bag! The one in the collection you wanted! Am I not the best-est friend ever?”

“Thanks.” You just said. She knew you wouldn’t talk much anyway, not that you even talk a lot on any other days though. You held the paper bag tightly and entered your room. Music was your first class, along with the rest of EXO.

 

As soon as you entered the room, Hana quickly went to Kris and whispered something to him. Kris only sighed. It was always a hard time for them to cheer you up. Especially when you were in Europe since Hana was all alone. Your three other friends there knew about it too, but preferred to be normal to you. They thought it will make you feel less miserable if they do. They weren’t actually wrong.

In your music class, all of you went to one room filled with instruments. The highlight though, was the Grand Piano.

“I’m sure you all know what this is, right?” All of you nodded. “Who wants to play first? Remember… no singing, just playing.”The professor asked and Hana quickly rose her hand up.

She walked to the piano and sat on the cushioned chair. She started to play the intro of a song. You knew right then that she would be playing a happy song, too lively for your liking. You can’t even blame her, she only wanted you to be happy today. She was smiling widely as she gracefully pressed on the right keys and you smiled a little listening to her music. Everyone else was in awe seeing her play such good and happy music, especially two guys at the back.

She’s making my heart stop beating. Oh my. Luhan thought as he watched her intently playing the piano. I never knew she could actually play. Kai thought but with a smile on his face. She finished her song with the last key and stood up and bowed down. She quickly went to your side.

“How was it?”

“It was the best.” You said without even giving a hint of happiness. She was a bit disappointed but when everyone else, even the professor, told her she was perfect on playing the music, she smiled widely again.

The next one to play was Lay. You were shocked to know he could actually play it. He seemed so relaxed while pressing every key. He was even better than Hana as he laid his fingers smoothly on every note. He was also playing a happy song with a mysterious touch in it. It was so good listening to. He looks so cool just sitting there. He plays so good! I’m in love with the music already! Hana thought as she clasped both her hands looking at Lay with such wonderstruck. The two guys at the back misinterpreted her actions though. They both thought she liked him, when clearly it was the melody he was playing that she liked.

Everyone clapped hands after and Lay bowed down and went back to sit.

“Okay, who’s next?” No one dared raise their hand. No one else quite knew how to play the Piano and if ever they actually do, they don’t memorize the piece. “Remember that this is graded…” your professor trailed off. You didn’t want to play anything but since it’s for the grade, you stood up and went straight to the chair.

You rumbled your head on what song you’d play and since you didn’t want to cry in front of everyone else, you discarded the song you played yesterday, the same one in your music box. Instead, you settled with the song your brother taught you. It was one of a few sad songs he taught you and you always remember your grandfather when you play it. The song was entitled 폭풍 (Storm) and is actually Super Junior’s own song.

When Kris and Hana heard the first keys of what you were playing, they both hoped you wouldn’t break in front of everyone. You kept your poker face as you played the song. Everyone in the room felt a little uneasy because they weren’t expecting that you’d play a sad piece. Little by little though, they felt attached to your piece. Sehun was actually becoming teary-eyed because of it.

Right about in the bridge of the song, your fingers began to tremble but you forced it to stay still. You bit your lip throughout the whole song to do so. You were stopping yourself from crying. It was a good thing you had long hair to hide your face from them. You managed to press slowly the last key and unknowingly looked outside the window. You suddenly felt a gush of wind pass you by. Halabeoji…

“That… was… beautiful.” Your professor said as he clapped his hands to every word. You quickly stood up and went back to your seat without a word.

 

Classes passed but you were still staring out the window. The professors didn’t even bother you so it was better. It was lunch time but you were still just sitting on your chair. You were the only one left in the room. A few minutes later, Hana went in.

“Yah gwiyomi, eat up!” She said as she pushed to you a cup of ramen. You just blankly looked at it. You knew you were hungry since you didn’t eat much at breakfast but you don’t have the energy to even move.

“Aish! Do I have to do everything?” said Hana as her hands were everywhere. You still went back to staring by the window though.

“Hana, I’ll take care of it. I know you’re hungry.” Said Kris by the door and Hana just smiled and quickly went out. He sat on the chair beside you.

“You at least have to eat, you know.”

“I like it better when you’re like this.” You automatically glared at him. He just chuckled and held the cup of ramen in front of you. “Eat, or I’ll feed you up myself.” He threatened. You still didn’t move a bit though. He started to get the chopsticks and took some ramen and was really about to put in your mouth the noodles. “Still not eating?” He asked for the last time. You just shook your head for an answer.

He quickly turned the chopsticks his way and opened his mouth to eat that you hurriedly stopped him. You saw him smirk and that made you realize that he meant to do that.

“I hate you.” You muttered and he just pushed towards you the food. You quickly took it this time not wanting to let the food cold. You didn’t have a choice anyway. You knew Kris would just bug you to eat until you do. It’s less time wasted this way. You started to eat your ramen.

“Good girl.” He playfully said and messed up the top of your hair.

“Yah!” You shrugged his hand away.

 

---

 

It was free class but Tao was the last person you wanted to see. Instead you just went to the library and tried to sleep with your earphones on. I’m sure he won’t change his mind on me being a mascot anyway.

In the meantime, Hana was with EXO deciding on what to dance during the event in one of the studio rooms in the club.

“Let’s just dance a SHINee song--” Hana suggested.

“There’s 7 of us here.” Xiumin mumbled.

“Then Infinite then! They’re 7.”

“You know they’re performing on the event too, right?” said Kai. She didn’t know that but she nodded hastily. She still didn’t quite want to be with him after the hugging thing back at the party.

“How about The Only One?” suggested Lay.

“That’s perfect! BoA’s the only girl there and she had 6 guys dancing with her.” Hana beamed and went to Lay and made a thumbs up sign.

“We should start deciphering the steps now.” Said Luhan.

“But who will have the duo part with noona?” asked Sehun. Everyone then looked at her expectantly.

“What?”

“Let’s just decide on that as we go on.” Said D.O. and everyone agreed.

Everyone was taking a water break and Kai decided to sit beside Hana.

 

“Who’s Taeminnie?” he asked as Hana was drinking water from a bottle that made her burst out the water she was just drinking. She coughed after.

“Are you okay?” He asked, worried. She just nodded.

“So who’s he?” he asked. He really wanted to know why she called him Taeminnie that night on the party.

“He’s my boyfriend!” Hana beamed and Kai was rather taken aback by her answer.

“Y-you have a boyfriend?” He asked. She was about to nod when she realized he thought it was for real.

“He’s… not really my boyfriend. I just consider him one. He’s a member of SHINee! You do know that right?” She said one after another. Kai only nodded, relieved that she wasn’t taken. Fangirls.  Still, he wondered why she called him Taeminnie. He couldn’t possibly look like me, right?

 

---

 

Classes were over when you decided to go out of the library. It was starting to close anyway. You swiftly went to your lockers to place back some of your books you didn’t need until tomorrow. You were locking up when you felt some people towering over you behind. You turned to look and almost laughed when you realized it was just their shadow. They weren’t really that tall at all.

“You know… if I were you, I wouldn’t be walking along the halls alone.” Said Yoona, twirling your hair by her finger.

“Yea… something bad might just happen to you.” Added Hyo Yeon. Endure for awhile… just endure.

“It might even hurt you really hard.” Said Jiyeon. You didn’t like how they got all creepy all of a sudden.

“Why aren’t you talking back?”

“Where’s your filthy tongue gone huh?”

“You probably realized you were wrong right?” God knows how much I want to talk back, but I can’t… I won’t.

“Hey talk!” Jiyeon slapped you, this time on your right cheek. When you talk, they don’t want you to, but when you don’t, they want you to? Sure. Since you weren’t talking back, Yoona took that as an opportunity to bang you against the lockers, harder than yesterday.

“Oof!” You whimpered a bit, not loud enough for them to hear though.

“You have no idea how much I want to hurt you right now.” Said Jiyeon with gritted teeth. I can imagine.

“What’s with you and Kris really huh?” She was the only one talking right now. Yoona and Hyo Yeon stepped back a little. You just rolled eyes, and had it wide open when you felt another slap on your left cheek. She then held you by your chin.

“I wanted him first! I saw him first! I was the one trying really hard for him to notice me and you’ll just show up and take his full attention? You have no rights to do that!” She was really angry. Though not everything she said was true, you feel bad for her. She is so desperate that she’d choose to just hurt you instead. You have to admit, her nails are getting in your skin already and that hurts a lot.

“Didn’t your parents teach you manners huh?” No, they didn’t. Lol.

“Or probably your grandparents? You must have them right? Or they’re probably all dead now that they weren’t able to teach you--” You have to admit, that was below the belt. My grandfather taught me well, that’s why I’m not talking back to you. You didn’t realize a tear already escaped from your eyes.

“That’s enough!” You heard someone shout that made you close your eyes.

“O-oppa…” Her grip had gotten loose a little.

“Go away.” He whispered this time, so coldly that you knew exactly who it was. You heard the girls scurry away. You just fell to the ground after. You didn’t quite realize that her grip was the only thing saving you from falling. You felt the guy bend down in front of you. You didn’t want to break, not in front of a stranger. You were biting your lip really hard to keep yourself together.

“It’s okay.” He said and wiped your tear away. His touch gave shivers to your spine. That made you cry even more. He, have always hated girls crying. Especially when it seemed impossible for them to. Not knowing how to stop you from crying, he just hugged you instead.

“You must be h-happy right?” You said in between your sobs. “You’re seeing me cry now.” You added and chuckled but failed badly, that only made you cry more.

“Shhh.” That was the only thing he said. You stayed there, him hugging you, longer than you thought. After you stopped shaking your shoulders he decided to let you go and sit beside you instead. It was all quiet around you but didn’t feel any awkwardness at all.

“My grandfather died today, exactly 8 years ago. I wasn’t even able to say goodbye to him.” You mumbled and he was shocked you actually opened up.

“You don’t have to--”

“The last time I saw him before it, he was sitting on a chair talking to the principal. Apparently, I had another fight with a girl that day. My parents couldn’t come so he went there instead. I remembered that he wished for me to stop fighting… but fights seem to be running after me everywhere.” You laughed softly.

“You must miss him.”

“I do… that’s why even just during this day every year, I try so hard not to fight with anyone. But they were over the line already.”

“You did pretty good enduring it.” He said as if that was a good thing. You just gave him a small smile.

“Need a ride home? It’s getting late. I’m not always around to save you, you know.” He said and gave a knowing smile as he stood up and helped you stand up too. Right, it’s the 2nd time today. He looks a lot better when he smiles than he smirks.

 

“Sure.” You said and walked with him towards the parking lot.

 

Maybe he’s not that bad after all.

---

Again with the gifs, lol ok. I just love gifs! Ehh. Goodnight! XOXO ^^