The Recovery

Come Back, Don't Go

Omo school just started and I was so busy so yea it's been more than a week but anyway here's an update. XOXO is awesome! >///<

---

 

Your right arm was soaked with blood as you were too weak to protect yourself from the incoming knife and had a deep cut there, almost reaching the other side. You also had a small shallow cut just a little on the left side of your navel. You knew you’re on defeat. You’ll pass out any time and you were regretting that you should have just taken a run minutes ago while you still had the chance to. Now you’re so close to collapsing to even do so.

You finally give up as you were watching yourself falling to the ground with your eyes closing shut along the way. The men in masks immediately caught you and lifted you up carelessly towards the van. You’re never been so hopeless in your life before. You knew no one would save you. Everyone was too busy having fun at the party to not even notice your absence. You may die, but no one would know.

You felt yourself being placed on a cushioned car seat as one or two people sat on other seats around you. You knew everyone else was still outside. One was slowly closing the van’s door so you were able to hear someone’s running footsteps coming near, until more scratching and scraping noises were made, almost sounding like a fight once again. Your breathing was getting trivial every second. You wanted to open your eyes to know what was going on, but your body wasn’t cooperating until you find yourself completely lost in pitch black, darkness.

You were staring at darkness all around you. You probably won’t die now, but the pain was getting too much to bear.  You needed treatment fast as your cuts don’t stop from bleeding, especially the one by your stomach.

 

Jae Min… wake up. Jae Min wake up!” You heard a faint voice somewhere, almost panting. It keeps calling for you and it was all too familiar for you. He keeps on shaking you by the shoulder and like him, you impatiently want to open your eyes too. It’s just that… you probably can’t right now.

Yah! You tell me to stay away and this happens? Wake up!” You can feel how much he cares by just hearing his voice and your eyes just slowly flutter around and open bit by bit that even you were shocked. Your vision was still blurry but it was clear enough for you to see his face. His face full of worry and hope and curving of lips as he sees you open your eyes. He was happy.

You were immediately hugged tightly by him and you can feel his fast heartbeat while you were in that situation. He must have knocked all the masked guys so hard that his breathing was still in a rapid motion. You realize you were still sitting on the same van and you were just relieved someone saved you. He saved you again.

 

---

 

The next time you opened your eyes all you could see was white everything. You realized you must be in a hospital as faint rays of sun hit your eyes coming from the window. It’s already morning. You gazed your eyes around the room and found one head sleeping by the edge of your bed, still wearing his tux on. You were about to reach for him with your right hand as you felt a great stinging pain jolt up from your arm.

“Ouch!” You winced in pain that caused him to wake up with eyes wide open.

“What happened? Are you in pain?” He asked as he went near you. You couldn’t help but stifle a laugh from his reaction.

“It’s really not funny.” He snickered as he sat down, bringing his chair just in-line your shoulder.

“You looked so.” You said, but he was still expecting an answer from before. “It’s my arm.”

“Oh right. That would scar, I bet.” He said as he nods his head. Silence came in, and all you could hear was each other breathing.

“What time is it?”

“It’s almost noon. Are you hungry?” He asked and you just nodded. You were about to sit up when your stomach caused a stinging pain and all you could do was cringe in pain again.

“What are you doing? You should rest!” He hurriedly said as he pushed you to lie down in bed. He was holding both your shoulders down as you were looking at each other intently. “You just wait here, okay? I’ll just buy food.” He said as he slowly let go of you.

“Don’t go.” You promptly said without thinking, holding his right arm. He eyes was full of doubt for awhile but he hid it.

“I’ll be quick.” He said in a nod and slowly pulled away from your clasp. You watched as he walked towards the door, opening it, closing it, until you were just staring at the white door.

 

He was turning the wedge of the bed to curl the bed a little for you to eat properly but comfortably and placed the food on the table in front of you. He started eating after he readied your plate and chopsticks but you could only look at it. You use your right hand for eating but it is useless now. You didn’t want to be a pain in the either so you took the chopsticks with your left arm before he could even notice.

You had a hard time trying to take pieces of the vegetables and he noticed that so he stopped eating himself.

“Need help?” He asked but you shook your head. “Stop lying.” He said and took the chopsticks from your hand and prepared a spoonful of veggies for you. He pushed the food closer to your mouth and gave an encouraging nod. You were awkwardly looking at him and the food as you opened your mouth a little and took the food. You were still looking at him as you chew your food but decided to look away when he looked back.

That happened again and again until you were able to finish your food. It was weird how he seemed such a natural at feeding people, you. The juice had a straw by it so it wasn’t as hard for you to drink this time. He was just humming a tune coincidentally so familiar to you too. You wanted to ask how he knew the song but you stopped. He started to sing with words this time and it’s in Chinese. Maybe it was really just coincidence.

Yanlu hui you wanqu ye qing, ni bie jiaoji~ Yinwei ai wo xiang shen me dou bu xuyao qu danxin~

“You have a nice voice.” He stopped as if he forgot you were actually around.

“Oh… I’ll just take a shower.” He said as he took his duffel bag by the couch.

“Why didn’t you do that hours ago while I was still asleep?” You asked. You didn’t want to be alone.

“I didn’t want you to wake up alone.” He said and vanished as he closed the door. Why am I feeling these weird tingling ones?

 

He went out minutes later with his hair still dripping drops of water. You had no idea why you even quickly looked away. He the television even if you both knew you won’t watch anything.

“How long will I stay here?” You asked as he went back sitting beside you, changing channels every second.

“3 days? I’m not sure.”

“Where’s anyone?”

“Business trip for one week. They won’t be back ‘til Saturday.” I should’ve known.

“Kyuhyun hyung’s still on tour right?” He asked after some time and you just nodded.

“Where’s Hana?” She should be here right?

“She called earlier and asked about your condition but she’s at Busan right now for some business things her mom wants to know about and she won’t be back ‘til Monday.”

“So it’s really just you?”

“No one else knows about this.” He said. Even Kris?

“Can you call Kris?”

“He and the rest of EXO are on a mountain hiking about right now.”

“Why are you here then?”

“I don’t want to leave my fiancé alone.” He said and smirked. You didn’t want to speak after that. You both just watched tv the rest of the afternoon in complete silence.

 

A nurse came to check on you about 7 in the evening and gave you two tablets to swallow. One causes you to slowly get drowsy.

“Tao.” You murmured.

“Hmm?” He hummed as he looked over you.

“Nothing.” You said and immediately fell asleep.

Goodnight, Jae Min.” He lowered his head and whispered by your ear and kissed your forehead. You felt safer than ever.

 

---

 

It was Monday and you were getting checked out. Kris visited yesterday and is with Tao right now who was on the counter to pay bills. Hana called to just visit you tomorrow so you were okay. You are just sitting on your bed waiting for the two of them to go back up in the room. Your cuts still hurt especially when you’ll move around and bend yourself but you pleaded to just stay at home since hospitals are sickening for you. You always remember how you weren’t able to catch your grandfather still breathing. You hated that memory.

“I’m done paying.” Tao said as he entered the room.

“Let’s go?” asked Kris and you nodded. He took your bags as Tao helped you walk. You actually wanted it the other way around but Tao insisted he’s the fiancé and all. Ugh.

It took a while for you to reach Tao’s car but as soon as you did, everyone buckled up and headed home. You could see your house from afar and felt weird all of a sudden. It’s probably because no one will be home to greet or you something. Even Kyu wouldn’t be around.

You were shocked when you actually just passed your house. You almost panicked but thought that maybe Tao just forgot.

“We just passed our house.” You said.

“We know.” Kris said. What?

“But I’m going home, remember?”

“Oh I forgot to tell you, you’re not really staying home yet.” Tao said still looking y the road.

“What?! Ow!” You shouted and flinched that caused your cut on your stomach to sting again.

“Easy!” Tao hissed.

“Calm down.” Kris said as he looked back at you. You were sitting at the backseat anyway.

“You’re staying at my house until the weekend.” Tao just said.

“But why?”

“So I can take care of you, of course.”

“I can take care of myself--”

“You can’t. Just trust me, okay? Besides Kris will be around once in a while.”

“But--”

“Yah Jae Min, your parents wanted this too so just shut up, ne?” Kris interrupted. He’s a little angry. I wonder what happened. But this is just all so weird. Just because he’s my fiancé doesn’t mean I can stay at their house like that. There are maids to help me at home anyway.

 

This is all the burger’s fault. Ugh.