Two Seconds Rescue

Night Classes : Supernatural *Discontinued*

Long-lasting ticks of the clock chimed in her ears, slamming with the still class. The insane harpy, who had the denomination of a 'teacher', stole the opportunity to teach with peace. Hyemi was positive that million pairs of eyes were on her, not that bizarre lady. Running her fingers through her hair, she rolled her eyes at the ridiculous thought.

* Of course they would have their eyes on me, it's not an every-day chance to spot a flying spider-monkey who soared in the air, across  the entire room, landing at the teacher's desk! Drama, I tell you, is an understatement to what just happened.*

Sweet-sounding, pleasant music notes spread through the full class, hinting that the period was over. Hyemi leaped off the chair, wrestled to bundle her belongings and leave this senseless room. "I didn't know you could fly." Hyun Rim patted her aching back, destroying her early plans.

"Neither did I ." She dryly commented.

"It's all my fault. I should have notified you that this would happen, Oopsie- I forgot." Hyun Rim sent off a small, cheeky smile as an apology.

Hyemi emitted a sudden halt. "You mean, this happens to every new student ?"

"DUH. That's one of the typical incidents that occur in this academy." Humor rolled off Hyun Rim's tongue.

"Nice. So I get the chance to die in the first day? You know what, this academy is perfectly sane. What do I get to experience in the next lesson? Nearly get run over by a truck? " Hyemi spoke with a hint of sarcasm in her voice, causing Hyun Rim to burst into a fit of giggles.

...

Fortunately, nothing unusual happened in the mathmatics. Unfortunatly? The charming Luhan returned to the ingnorant Luhan.

*Flashback*

"Watch it!" 2 words, 7 letters Luhan uttered when Hyemi- as usal, late for class- collided with him, causing her to dump her books.

Throwing him a visible glare, she knelt to hoist and heap up the scattered amount of books. Instead of being a gentleman and falling to his knees to help her, Luhan prefered to remain standing with an obvious scoff glooming his impressive features. Neglecting his glower, Hyemi struggled to start a small, brief conversation to stay clear of awkwardness.

"Are you late?" She could barely hear herself.

"My business is not yours, so please stay out of it." He quietly muttered, shaking his head and leaving.

Exhaling a small amount of carbon dioxide from her nose, Hyemi had her eyes on his retreating figure with a shower of dismay. Shrugging, she proceeded with the mountain of books towards the mathmatics class.

*End of flashback*

"Ms.Park, am I interferring with the conversation you're having with yourself?" A gruff, harsh voice ripped through Hyemi's ears. The stream of giggles and snickers woken her up, registering that she clearly hadn't caught a word of Mr.Cho's explaination.

Flushing a cute shade of pink, Hyemi's head bowed a little. "No, Mr.Cho."

"Then, would you mind explaining to us all, the solution of the example above? " Mr.Cho's messy eyebrow arched.

Gritting her teeth, Hyemi bobbed her slowly and tossed a look at Mr.Cho's board. "X will be equal to ZY." Hyemi answered succesfully.

"Very well." Mr. Cho's head was about to rotate, when he spotted another daydreaming student who had his head ducked between his arms. "Luhan! Why don't you answer the next?"

Everyone's eyes smashed into Luhan's crouched face who yawned leisurely and stretched. Taking his time without an unhurried pace, Luhan's bored orbs swung idly to the charcoal board. " Simple. It's 29.29698781 which can be divided by  three then subtracted by 125.7."

Hyemi's jaw swept the floor.

Clearing his throat, Mr.Cho returned to explaining the rest of the solved calculation, while Luhan's head dropped back to it's place.

...

Hyun Rim's musical giggles filled the hall like water trickling in a stream. " Did you see Mr.Cho's face when Mr.Perfect gave him the answer? Gosh I should have captured a picture."

"Mr.Perfect ?" Hyemi's face tilted into a quizzical expression.

"Everyone know that! He got the looks, the charm, the grade, the wealth! He's basically a god in pants." Hyun Rim's cheeks were flushed with laughter.

" god my . He's a total , and that's it." Hyemi's lips muttered under her breath. A tap in the shoulder resulted in making her turn to encounter a beautiful girl who looked as if she just came from a photoshoot. Her hair was styled into thick, wavy locks that gave a carefree way. Brands screamed all over her clothes, and a twinkle in her eys caught the fluorescent light.

" Hi, you must be Park Hyemi. I'm Choi Jinri. You can call me Sulli." She spoke in the softest, tenderest tone, as if she might scare her away.

Hyemi's eyes widen and her cheeks warm a lttle. " H-hi! Nice to meet you, Sulli-ssi."

Sulli covers with her dainty fingers as if she's smiling. "Oh my.You're so adorable! Oh right, how about a hasty tour around the academy so that you don't get lost?"  

Her voice breaks twice when she says. "B-but, I may get in trouble-"

"-Just tell them you're with Choi Jiri, and you won't get any punishments. Trust me." She winked, hooking her hand with Hyemi's and dragging her out.

...

After 20 minutes around the academy, Sulli suggested that they could relax a bit in the garden before going back to class. Hyemi approved, finally aware of her foot that started killing her. The pair rested their spines by the trunk of an aging tree, making out the chirps of nearby birds. Unexpectedly, Sulli's phone suddenly buzzed and she forced herself to give the clueless girl an innocent smile.

" I should take this. It seems like an emergency. Just wait here, I'll come back." Before Hyemi could respond, Sulli disappeared into the building.

 

Luhan's POV:

After the incident, Luhan couldn't bring himself to have another class. He habitually ditched classes, but when he knew Hyemi was in one of his classes, he couldn't help but have the urge to see her. He felt as if he's pounding against an invisible wall, as if his face has been bandaged in plastic and he couldn't breath, couldn't see, couldn't hear any sound but his own heart beating in his ears. Detecting a small shape under the elderly oak tree that stood out in the garden, the tree branch was shaking so badly that it seemed impossible that no one was controlling it.

And it was planned to fall at Park Hyemi.

*So, when I've made up my mind to ignore her, I have to save her?*

His heart twists so suddenly, Luhan's half-convinced he's having another nightmare.

 

Hyemi's POV:

It was a low-pitched groan, and it was fast becoming painfully loud. Hyemi looked up, startled. Nothing was moving in slow motion, the way it does in movies. Instead, adernaline rush seemed to make her brain work much faster, and she was able to absorb in clear detail several thigs at once. She drank in the fact that an enormous branch will split her head into two within a blink. Just before Hyemi could feel the chapped branch on her face, it halted in the air.

1 second, two hands moved so fast they blurred.

Gripping her body into a bridal style, they tightened as he worked out a rapid way to escape a of death. Hyemi's fingers yanked the foregin shirt and she buried her crown in his chest.

2 Seconds, they both crashed into the wall.

"Are you alright? " His voice was shaky with emotion.

She opened her eyes slowly, adjusting to the light. "...How did you-"

Lowering her unsteady form to the ground, Luhan's jaw clenched. "Just give me a moment. I'll come back."

 

Sulli's POV:

*Luhan saved her.*

Gulping, Sulli was ready to escape the scene, when a cold, hard body cornered her.

"Luhan. I-I-" Her words were weakening whispers.

"Do you have any idea what could have happened? You could have murdered her." He snarled, his hand making way to .

" No, wait-" Sulli choked.

" Do you even know who she is? You could've started a bloodcurdling war, you idiot." He hissed, cutting her off.

Her eyes widened with fear."You mean-"

"- Oh yes." Luha's palm squeezed, then let go.

Little did he know that Hyemi was behind him, covering with terror.

 

 

 

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey there~ woohoo! I finally finished school, and NOW I'll try my best in updating~ so what do you think? aww, no baekhyun in this chapter ^.^ 

Things are starting to become weirder from now on for our Hyemi~ so be patient!