The wings,the dream,the pendant

Night Classes : Supernatural *Discontinued*

 

 Spem in Alium

No, I didn't choose this song because of Fifty shades of grey. I believe that such a wonderful piece deserves a better situation to be heard in. Also , its perfect with scene.

 


Showers and showers of raindrops spitted on the smoggy window, merging with the powder of dust to develope dim, murky clouds on the glass. The chain of blurred houses zoomed by, and trees leaned from side to side. Hyemi rested her crown on the frame while paying attention to the tedious patter that danced with the umber particles. The lifeless world outside was low with the screams of wind, yet the babble almost overpowered the lungs of a peevish baby.

The twins squabbled about the flowing radio. Kim Mi wished for classic, but Kim Ri demanded rock and roll. If you disregarded the wrinkles that decorated their foreheads and the trace of accent, you could have mistaken them as a pair of two-years-olds. After a couple of bothersome minutes, Kim Mi gave up and an electric guitar blasted through the tiny holes of the speaker- nearly puncturing a hole through Hyemi and Kim Mi’s eardrum.

*Please, please, make it stop!* Hyemi wailed in her thoughts.

The thunder must have agreed, because a clamour was detected. Lightning jeered and spanked the shielded cables on the towering pylons, resulting in a splutter from the fading channel.

The radio died out.

Hyemi stole a peek at her beloved grandma, learning that Kim Mi gave off a speedy, grateful devotion before beginning to neglect kim Ri’s sulky scowl. She reverted her pitch-black pupils back to the blotched glass, skimming the drenched, scrawny undergrowth. In the end, Hyemi’s vision was hazy. She was about to doze when a whine from Kim Ri loudened-when Ri is bored, her speech comes to be all high pitched and astoundly displeasing- insisting on a stop at an alongside restroom. As soon as the vehicle came to rest, Ri virtually flew to the restroom. Mi exhaled and enfolded Hyemi’s palm affectionately, but Hyemi’s eyes were glued on the glass.

“ I understand that you’re  flustered and dismayed, darling.” Mi’s gazed softened. Hyemi slid her dainty, exquisite finger to the glass and registered a wobbly number on the fading mist.

14.

Plainly baffled, Mi’s eyes squinted at the number. “I’m not aware of what are you trying to say, honey.”
“14 academies. I joined 14 academies, halmeoni.” Hyemi breathed, on the verge of tears.

“It was all for your sake, doll.” Mi gave her single granddaughter a nervy pat on the back of her hand.

Hyemi longed to slap her hand and cry her eyes out, but she wrapped her long fingers around the older women’s frail hand and pleaded with a broken tone. “I met 379 teachers already, I studied 57 subjects, I took parts in 521 activities, yet. I didn’t even have one friend, because….I never belonged…” She whispered the final sentence while enclosing her face with her soft palms.

“H-hyemi…” Mi stammered.

“Halmeoni, please….just once…just once…I want to settle…I want to belong….I want…a friend. ”Hyemi’s eyes pleaded the unthinkable.

“W-well..” Mi’s pupils struggled to flit away from Hyemi’s cracked ones. By the staring contest, Hyemi clearly won, and Kim Mi sighed in defeat. “I’ll discuss it with Ri as soon as we reach our new home.”

“Thank you, halmeoni…” Hyemi allowed herself to throw a rare, illuminating smile at Kim mi’s stunned expression.

*My lord…it was a long time I actually recognized that smile...* Her eyes glistened faintly at the newborn smile. The vehicle’s entrance was unfastened with a rasping clatter, and in collapsed our petite, dynamic Kim Ri. The X twins began bickering already, and Hyemi’s eyes traveled at the road, scanning the damp land. Her eyes, to her shock, meet anothers, and she stifles a silent gasp. It's a guy.

A guy with a pair of pitch-black, enormous wings.

Hyemi’s eyes took one swift blink at the distant, peculiar guy.

But he evaporated. Despite the encounter with the abnormal being, she remained composed for the sake of her senile grandmothers.

Bottomless, irresisitible eyes.

The notion snapped into hyemi’s sense, in conclusion to grimacing with alarm and revulsion. Hyemi never thought of a guy-or any male- like that. She merely reflected them as lab experiments that shouldn’t be grappled with, because risky and violent reactions will take place. “Hyemi, are you alright? You just quivered...” The concerned tone of her grandmother came to halt her train of thoughts.

“Just the wind, halmeoni.” Hyemi painted a tensed, tiny smile on her lips.

“Oh, brother. Now you’re even trying to safeguard her from a mild breeze! Take a chill pill, Mi. And calm your marbles, let the child breath some air.” Ri huffed with an exaggerated diva expression while Hyemi stifled a giggle. Comparing her menacing mind with Lady Gaga’s, Lady Gaga would have looked like a second version of wise Gandhi…Ri tilted towards Hyemi’s ear and murmured peevishly.  “Don’t listen to whatever she says, because it’s just a stream of gibberish lectures.”

Hyemi mentally drowned Ri in water, because she just hates it when someone badmouth her overprotective grandmother. She just scrunched her face, making an effort to drive herself to hibernate.

...

Seductive, tempting eyes guided me towards him.

The silky, ivory gown flowed behind, tearing leisurely through the jet-black dark. My lengthy tresses hung freely beside my tiny, delicate waist, and the thick, elegant waves moved with the faint breeze. I stole a glimpse of his torso since the moonlight caught the smooth lines of his luminous skin. His eyes were dark- a starless sky. As I eventually stood in front of him, his wings pressed against my body, drawing me closer to him.

“We finally meet, Hyemi…”At the sound of his voice a shiver passed through my body. It brushed against my body, making the little hairs on the back of my neck stand up.

“Are you a vampire?” My indifference bluntly asked for some awkwardness.

A moment of silence.

As if he just fathomed what I just said, the bewitching creature drew back from the shock.“Truthfully, darling. Can’t you see the wings?” Sarcasm dripped like a venom from his lips, and amusement sparked in his eyes.

“So….are you a demon?” I blurted.

He displayed his outstanding kids-these-days frown, while cradling his arms. “I think you watch too much t/v these days, it ruins your brain cells.”

*Oh, boy. There we go again…* I instantly groaned.

“E-er…anyway…Mr. Magical creature, why are you in my dream?”

He smirked that million-dollars smirk, before heeling over my ear, chuckling. His laugh was tempting. I desperately wanted to sink in it. Leaning forward, I closed my eyes and my palms accidently gripped his bare, athletic shoulder blade.

Stupid, pretty gown.

Did you just make up your mind to let me trip?

Or…did his wings nudge me towards his inviting body?

Whatever.

The point is…I may look like a sick .

"Watch it, honey. You may stagger and split your head to two.” Amusement danced in his eyes.

“Y-y-you were going to inform me about something!” I spluttered as I reversed, until his massive wings pressed against my body- there was no improvement, he was as close as ever.

“Ah, yes. I wanted to tell you that you should check out the garden…there are “special” items you can discover. “ He winked, emphasizing on “special”.

“Uh…sure. “I tried to escape from his wing’s embrace, before hearing him snicker and freeing me.

*Finally! took you long enough.*

When I tried moving backward for a little “personal space”, he yanked my wrist playfully.

 

“You might want to be careful, though.” He teased with a slow, y smile plastered on his lips. He started walking away, but decided to spin back. “The name is Byun Baekhyun, dear.”

Then, in a wink, he vanished.

Bloody ninja.

Hyemi’s eyes fluttered like butterfly’s wings as she roused.

It was midnight, and she could tell by the dusky room. The air current whisked through the window, causing the satin drapes to flutter. Grasping the idea that she was in her historic room, Hyemi’s heart hammered between her chest. She scampered towards the furious window and gaped at the flaming bright lunar. Hyemi stared at the overgrown weeds that spurted here and there. A coat of leaves from the aged tree dangled towards the dirt.

It was utter mess.

She leaped smoothly, yet the dead leaves crunched and flattened under fit sneakers. Arching her light eyebrow, she slithered under the tree. She added a mental  note to herself, vowing to accuse the guy about those “special” items. Hyemi rested her spine against the trunk of the tree, while the tousled green. A cool, hardened metal wrangled with her damp fingertips. Hyemi narrowed her pupils at the dark lump, tracing her fingertips on the baffling, carved object. Before she could hesitate , she plucked it gently.

It was a pendant.

*How did this get here?*

The carves varied from unique swirls to Glamorous circles. A silver chain drooped behind the ornament, dangling like a fizzing snake. A precious mirror reflected in the middle of the round circle. Something about this pendant pressured hyemi into enclosing it around her neck. And when she does, she abruptly swayed with the sudden giddiness, and she clutched her head.

She was about to faint.

Hyemi hurtled herself towards her bedroom, drowning  into her bunk to recover from the light-headed sensation.