Masquerade Ball

Night Classes : Supernatural *Discontinued*

"You're over-reacting, I'm alright." Grumbled the sprawled latter, tossing his face to the other side of the the walls.

"Alright? alright?" She squeaked, before rolling her eyes . "You before you arm ! You almost got murdered!" Her tanturm was immediate and violent. There was no winding up period, no warning. It was full force from the very start like a bomb with no fuse, just an immediate explosion.

"So?" Boredom caused his question to come out in a flat tone, which made Hyemi - who was beside the other latter - wince.

"Luhan," HyunRim shoots the irritated latter a warning look, for they both know they're not supposed to reply back at the headmaster - especially when she's throwing a fit.

At their principal's look of shocked anger, they both know it was not going to be a good reaction. Before the three could blink, her dark face twisted back into the cool, unbothered feature she's famous for. She smoothly turned back to the doorway, willing to leave with an unreadable glint across face. "She wishes for a war? We shall grant her wish."

And the door closes shut after the uncaring statement.

Hyemi glances at HyunRim, to find her face paling considerably. In a matter of 3 seconds, she recovers and rushes out the room, arms flapping almost comically as she calls back at the principal who was long gone by. Her mind was still a surging perplexity.

His sigh draws her back to reality, to find him shaking his head while his face still remained unaffected by the mind-blowing news. It was either that he didn't care at all, or he could hide his feelings well. Hyemi was almost sure it was the second guess.

The crisp white of his shirt is crumpled, doing a fair job of showing his sculptured chest - causing her to intake a sharp breath, since she finally got a clear image of him. With all the drama around the room, she couldn't really take a good look of him. The lines of his pale skin, in contrast to the beams of the reborn sun made it glow even paler. His usually well-kept golden strands were an adorable mess - and Hyemi was forced to keep her fingers to herself. So that they don't go around weaving themselves in the boy's hair, which could cause for more awkwardness to be born.

It was completely unfair. How perfect and good-looking he looks just after waking up, while she looks as if she survived a battle between her and 3 monkeys. Glimpsing at the boy beside her, her stomach churned an undefinable feeling.

It was almost the exact feeling she has whenever she was with BaekHyun.

 

...

 

The cafeteria was dull, a monotonous repetition of breakfast trays and mindless chatter. The strong smell of crepe emanated from the hot food line, and the chocolate milk glasses were cold to touch. A low buzz came from the flickering light in the corner. Despite the low energy of the place, the chatter was powerful for one cause: Winter's formal.

 The theme of this year was a masquerade ball. For guys, there was less obvious pressure, but it wasn't any easier. As for the rest of the female's population, it was an utter wreck. Their conversations only went on and on about what are they to wear, how their makeup will be dealt with, and when will they start. Watching the dissimilarity between their main problems and hers, Hyemi wanted to laugh aloud.

Back at their table, the mood was down the pit. There was silence. The students around continued to talk vehemently, casting uneasy glances. Fragments of awkward clinks, splinters of words, and droplets of silence spun into a kaleidoscopic jumble as all of them glance at Hyuna, who was staring silently at her plate, picking at her food. HyunRim nudges Chen, as a hint for him to start talking for a change, but he shoots her a blank look. So Hyemi opens to rescue them all.

"Hyuna, I-"

"I'm fine. No need to pity me, Hyemi." Hyuna gently interrupts, yet her eyes are hard.

"But-"

"Hyemi, guess what happened just now!" A voice from behind chirps, and everyone sighs in relief and gratitude. Hyemi turns, to face EunHee who was giddy with excitement. "I assume you all know about the winter's formal, right? Well, I just asked the principal for a 4-hour break to go shopping for our dresses, and she approved!"

"That's great, EunHee." The latter, smiled weakly, for she knows how bad she is with formal celebrations. She was better at staying in her bed, eating ramen and strating a drama marathon with herself.

It was Hyuna who surprised them all. "Count me in." She beamed.

HyunRim grinned. "Me too!"

The three pair of eyes spun to Hyemi, who shrank back in her seat. "Do I really have to come?" She whined, and they rolled their eyes in unsion.

"You can't be serious..." HyunRim groaned, banging her head on the table's surface, causing everyone to wince. "Do I have to spell it for you? I need your opinion!"

"The principal firmly stated that you should come too." EunHee declared, causing Hyemi to shake her head vigorously.

"I don't give a damn. I'm not coming and that's final!"

 

...

 

HyunRim was torn between two - a cyan blue, knee-length, with spaghetti straps, the other a crystal black, backless dress. "What do you think, EunHee?"

"I think the black one totally flatters your skin tone, while the cyan blue clearly would look adorable if you add some curls to your tresses and leave them loose." EunHee commented in detail, shocking them all, since she was a person with little words.

"And what do you think, Hyemi?"

"You look gorgeous in both." Hyemi flatly stated the truth in a bored tone, causing them to chuckle.

"Tada!" Hyuna appeared from her hunt, presenting herself in a flaming, mid-thigh length, gown - causing HyunRim to gasp in awe.

She began gushing in no time. "It looks beautiful, Hyuna."

Hyuna smiled smugly, before twirling for effect. "I will consider buying it."

Once she turned to Hyemi, who was fiddling witht he ends of her scarf, she smirked. The all immediately knew what was she thinking and nodded. Hyemi noticed them staring at her slyly like predators and narrowed her eyes. "What?"

 

...

 

Hyemi descended down the stairs, her body wrapped in an A-line grey halter gown, closed tight around her waist. It was close-fitting at the top and widens gradually at the bottoms,, without gathers or pleats. It makes a simple but elegant appearance. Her bored look caused them to chuckle.

"You look really cute. It shows your S-line that you have been ignoring." HyunRim tried, but Hyemi was quick to shoot her a dull glare.

"Try another, it doesn't suite her that much." Hyuna shrugged, and Hyemi was already off, stomping back to the changing room with another dress EunHee picked.

 

-

 

When she came back, she drags along wearing a turquiose dress, it's top stuffed with silver buttons. Adding a palm to her waist, Hyemi wobbles on her white heels. Oh, how she wished for her sneakers back.

Hyuna folds her arms, inspecting the girl. "Spare my eyes, Hyemi, and go change to another."

Hyemi emits a low rumble from as a lazy groan, but it comes out as a noise of a drowning cat.

 

-

 

Swaying back to them, she handles herself in a royal olive sheath. It was designed to fit the body. Strapless and unbelted, with a straight drape - Showing off her curves. Clearing , HyunRim averts her eyes off Hyemi. "I think you should change, this one looks...unappropiate."

EunHee giggled. "What she means, is that you look hot enough to get guys eye- you."

"EunHee!" HyunRim scolded in a playful tone.

"This one is itchy like hell. The last dress better looks good, cause it's the last time I'm changing." Hyemi complained as she stalked off.

 

-

 

The last one she staggers in, is an empire silhouette that involves the waistline coming up just to below her bust, from which the lower part hangs straight and loose, in a simple breezy style. The fact that it was made from shiffon, made her look softer - a courtesy to her skin tone.

The three's jaws were left unhinged as they saw her, and EunHee squeals in delight. "You look stunning, Hyemi." HyunRim beamed like a proud hen.

As Hyuna awaited herself by the line, Hyemi flopped by the couch in a limp style. She heaved a sigh before meeting 3 pair of eyes that almost gave her a from the shock.

 

 

 

 

********************************************************************************************

A/N : I'm really sorry for not updating Soon T^T. BUT. The next chapter will come REALLY soon! I was anticipating writing it ever since I began writing this story!!! ^^