Behind those Masks l

Night Classes : Supernatural *Discontinued*

"Don't sneak up at me like that!" Hyemi hissed before sliding her hand to her thudding chest. "And what are you doing here?"

"We're on a tuxedo hunt for the winter's formal, obviously."Chen snorted, eyeing a girl in a short dress from afar - before earning a whack on the head from Xiumin. "What?!"

Xiumin turns back to Hyemi, who had a blank stare on her face and gently smiled. "We were just passing by, Hyemi. And we happened to spot you in the shop from the windows, so we thought of hanging out with you 4."

"But we just had breakfast with them!" Chen huffed as he sank by the couch.

After allowing herself to befriend the five, Hyemi was already used to their unique characteristics. Chen was the snarky sarcastic, who never missed a chance to dumbfound them all. Despite his withering exterior, Chen was loyal to them - because if someone else tries to insult any of them, Chen would be the first to mush his head by the wall - he wouldn't hold back, trust me. Xiumin was the gentleman : a tender smile greeting her whenever they meet, listening to her rant, and guiding her through the advanced night classes with simple notes and advises.

Tao was - shockingly - younger than her, a difference of a year. He was the mature one through them, even though they treated him as the most inexperienced. Being the closest to Luhan, Hyemi understands the similarities between them. Kris was Kris. Unflinching but amusing to watch - whenever he was with HyunRim, anyway. Other than that, he was the serious leader of the group.

Finally aware that both Luhan and Tao were nowhere to be seen, she quirks her left eyebrow up in a bemused act. "Where are the frostbite twins?"

Xiumin stifles a laugh threatening to errupt. "You mean Luhan and Tao? The two had an advanced night class to catch up with."

Chen flaunts back in a silver mask he borrowed, failing to catwalk. "Also, the two betrayers went without inviting us before to search for their tuxedos. So they're safe."

After finally having the other three girls back, the entire group heads to a near cafe. As they joke around with each other, Hyemi slumps by her chair.

"Is our Hyemi disappointed that a certain person couldn't show up?" EunHee, who was observing, nudges her with a bony elbow.

"Yeah, I wonder how Tao's spending his time?" Hyemi sarcastically shoots back, for she's not the one to blush and act all shy-like around her close friends.

Hyuna rolls her eyes before slapping Hyemi's head in an irritated manner. "She meant the other." Smirking, she winks at her. "We three know you fancy him."

Before she could retort, a hot blush heats her pale cheeks. She was blushing so violently you could have fried an egg on her cheeks. To be honest, she was never an expert in all the girl's talk - especially about boys. She was just a complete - ugh. No one could have missed it, but she chose to ignore it.

"Shut up, you two."

"No, you shut up Hyemi and listen to what we have to say." Hyuna snapped back at Hyemi's mumbling figure before sighing halfheartedly. She and the other two - unlike Hyemi - already were aware of how much the latter was interested in him, so she decided to give her a push. "I don't understand why you're constantly denying your feelings, but you should confess. It you don't, you'll lose to another girl."

Blinking at the three as if they spurted three eyes, Hyemi huffed in annoyance. Thank goodness they still didn't meet BaekHyun. Hyuna's hushed rants were blank in her mind as she thought of the lass. Now that she remembered, he promised to be by the fountain that is found in the grand garden at midnight exactly, and she slightly flushed at the idea. Her inner goddess was wriggling her eyebrows and cheering at the idea, and instead on closing her in, Hyemi thanks the heavens they'll finally have time for each other.

The advanced night classes destroyed her nerves, since the classes were piling up, leaving BaekHyun and Hyemi with no time for each other. Late at night after she comes back, BaekHyun leads her to bed and lays beside her. She gently makes her head fall upon his chest, completely drained to feel shy, and traces random doodles on his chest. He silently chuckles at her cuteness, before brushing his hands on her locks absentminded. They don't talk, for words aren't exactly important once they're together.

"Park Hyemi, have you been listening to a word I've uttered?" Hyuna piched her cheek, causing the girl to stagger back in confusion. Reading her baffled eyes, Hyuna groand in exasperation.

"What?" The clueless girl watched the raging diva signaling the other two dramatically. Has she been out of it this long?

HyunRim sighs as she eyes the dumbfounded girl. "Nevermind, we'll settle things between the two of you at the ball tonight. Am I clear?"

"Yes, ma'am." Hyemi still didn't understand, but her reaction sure made them satisfied.

...

"This colour will suit your skin!" Hyuna said, shoving a bright red lipstick to her face. As a habit of hers, Hyemi would've objected and preffered to wear less make up - or none at all, but all she did was to exhale a huge amount of air out and leave Hyuna to take control.

"And add mascara!" HyunRim hollered, before receiving an earful from EunHee to stay still as she drew a wing beside her eye.

Despite the amusing wreck - watching HyunRim pout at EunHee as she scolded her again. As Hyuna ushered a breathy laugh, Hyemi remained with a blank look. The rest of the session went in a blur in Hyemi's eyes. Something was bothering her and it was itching her mind to find out. It was uneasy feeling that was slowly creeping into her chest, demanding not to be ignored. Thinking of the possibilities of what it maybe, goosebumps rose on her pale arms, and her stomach lurched. Hyemi swallowed hard before tearing her gaze from the floor once realizing HyunRim was calling her.

Back three hours ago, they were still at the boutique after the other three left, and she was still as giddy and excited as much as they were - and once she took a step in the academy's building, it all vanished. Tagging her as 'nervous' was an understatement. She was standing there with an impassive look, but a restless heart. Making her way to the girl, HyunRim was teasing her about being excited to meet Luhan, and that brought her back to flush. That was rather true, but the uneasiness controlled a large space of her mind.

Was it another attack to be expected? It was an idea not to be thought of - the dark monsters by the forest wouldn't be that ignorant to take a chance to attack with the average student here - that have no idea about the night classes.

...Or would they?

Even if they would, who would they attack? They did pounce at Na Eun, and abushed Luhan, but never would they every try to do so with averages. Another law that she learned in night classes was that they would never assault averages, or they would be immediately excuted by the royal authorities.

What if it's her who they are to attack? A possible risk. But HyunRim and Hyuna would never let her out of their vision - given by the command of the principal. After declaring the chance of going through a war, the child highly instructed the two not to leave Hyemi by herself.

...So what are they trying to accomplish exactly? An ambush? Abduction? Hijacking? Terrorism? Arson (setting fire to property)? Blackmail? Some kind of illegal act she wouldn't imagine?

...Another murder?