When the darkness comes

Night Classes : Supernatural *Discontinued*

 

"What was that, just now?" A growl of irritation and a yank from the back of her blazer sends her to stagger back from the daze. "What has gotten into you, Hyemi?"

Something hikes up her chest, building until it deflates her lungs to find more space to camp in. She's inhaling too much fire. "Leave me alone, Luhan. Can't I have a moment of peace with myself?"

"I'm afraid that won't happen tonight. You might let your feelings take over and decide that murdering someone would be a great way to feel better." His eyes flare momentarily, holding her dark gaze, before he eases in a soft tone. "Will you be able to live with the guilt, Hyemi?"

"It has nothing to do with you, a matter-of-fact." She coldly replied, before jerking the grasp he had on her wrist off, and spinning around to walk away. "And I'd terribly appreciate it if you leave me alone, for now."

His voice is deadly quiet with purpose. "But that's not how you would respond if I was Baekhyun, right? Infact, you'll cling to his arms, and pray for his undying love and comfort." He paused, and a bitter laugh parted his lips. "Am I right?"

As she halts, she crings as if he slapped her - hard. How dare he, reminding her of him when he knows what that bastard done to her? If he done that with the intention of angering her, boy didn't he hit the bull's eye. "Baekhyun has nothing to do with this." Her tone is clipped as she spat the words nastily towards him.

It's only then, that she realised their noses were almost touching because of the amount of distance they closed between each other. But to draw back will be an insult to her newfound pride, since it will be subjected as weakness. Refraining herself from stepping back, she held back a gasp while trying not to stare at his gorgeous lips that were hovering just above hers. The stillness in the atmosphere was choking as he inched closer to her with burning, intense eyes : he does not look pleased, at all.

"Oh, he doesn't?" Sarcasm drips down the tip of his tongue. His face darkens, and her stomach clenches. "Then what does?"

The fierce anger that wells up in her spills over her voice. "I clearly answered that question before. And yet, here I am answering it again! It's none of your business!"

"Oh, this." He growls. Lungs at her, only to shove her to a wall. The next thing she knew, he slammed his lips to hers and nearly knocked all the wind from her lungs. Her breath catches, a tiny sound that is born when he presses his body closer to hers.

And she's lost forever.

Warmth pools in her stomach and spreads lazily as she tugs his shirt softly to close him in. Because for the first time in her life, there's a dominant desire roaring through her veins. His lips keep attacking hers, their breath mingling in the low, dazzling lights.

And he doesn't give her a moment to breath.

Her failing arms reach up and tangle themselves around his strong neck, delving her shaking fingers into his soft hair. His lips are warm and soft and just everything she can't explain. Her brain is lit in fire and warmth spreads throughout her entire body.

And he keeps kissing her until she's near to faint.

Her bare arm scrapes the angle of the rough wall, and the sharp pain causes her to wince.

Luhan froze.

The grip her had on her waist faltered, and her stomach churned. She tried to remember how to breath as the shock slips into her brain. His eyes were frozen wide open as he steps back, staring at her in a speechless alarm. He turns to swear viciously and she tips her head up, catching her ragged breath. Hyemi, disregarding his silent salutation, continued to stare at him wide eyed with the horrifying realisation.

She kissed luhan.

And she enjoyed it.

The silence was like a gaping void, needing to be filled with sounds, words, anything. It was gnawing at her insides, as she kept studying the marble floor underneath them like it was suddenly the most fascinating thing in her life.

"Park Hyemi!" A feminine squeak shifted her gaze to the girl who was gliding down the marble steps like a slinking panther. Her face was familiar - must've been a girl from the N.C. The panting girl screeched to a halt, before bowing. "The principal would like to meet you right away."

Hyemi nodded in eagerness, anything to leave the awkward situation. Just as she was about to walk away with the said girl to the office, he grabs her hand. Nonetheless, she doesn't turn her head to meet the said male. She knows what he's about to say, so it's a no need to embarrass herself more.

"About that..." Luhan is obviously sinking in desperation and hesitation, yet Hyemi does nothing but yank her arm away.

Turning around, she cuts him off with a flat tone. "I...I really need to go."

He'll state it was a mistake. A terrible mistake that they should both ignore and never look back to. But she can't simply forget. Her chest ached whenever she remembered how his lips molded perfectly with hers. How warm his embrace was. Her heart constricted in it's wake as if not sure if it should go on beating. He only wants to be friends with her.

She wants more than that.

The ache of longing to be with him was irresistible. It was a chill trapped in her heart. She heads back to her room with the thought that she'll visit the principal later. All she craves for now is a bundle of sheets, curling around them with a cup of warm tea and honey.

Eunhee is sound asleep curled like a fetus in her comfy bed, and Hyemi makes up her mind to pull her blankets above her arms, in caution not to wake her up. Marching back to the couch, she bends her long legs under her lap, staring ahead at the darkness. The shadows lengthened with the night and eventually melted with the darkness leaving Hyemi alone in her bubble. Closing her eyes, she exhales silently, trying to clear her clouded mind.

 

...

 

"Hyemi, can you please go and close the gates of the archery centre? I forgot to tighten the locks." Kyungsoo, a classmate of hers pleaded the emotionless who kept staring at him emptily.

Nodding back, she trails off. With a semi-pout, she kicked the pebbles along the sidewalk with the side of her mud-splattered shoes as she replayed the worst moment of the last 4 hours. It was midnight already, so being the girl who hates to stay in one place for more than 15 minutes, she left her couch and thoughts behind, only to lazily walk through the vacant hallways, and that's when she met the wide-eyed boy. Deciding to spear him the bother of going back, she accepted his request. The air was still and heavy, and thick clouds blotted out the stars. She strolled through the inky darkness of the mid-winter night, feeling up her hidden sword incase of any attack to happen. Just as she reached the gates, she rubbed both of her hands to warm them up.

Th headlights shone bravely out the night only to be swallowed by the pressing darkness. Hyemi scaned the darkness, making sure before closing the gates that nobody was left in. Spotting a sharp figure, her heart skipped a beat from the shock. Who would possibly be out in the middle of the night? Gripping the handle of her blade, she strode carefully in.

But just as the body turns, she turns dead with a sudden heart failure.

Luhan.