The last straw

Night Classes : Supernatural *Discontinued*

 

Shontelle - Perfect Nightmare

 


 

"That's a fine pendant you've got there, Miss park." The little one's bambi pupils eyed the squirming Hyemi, who looked like she was sitting on sizzling coal.

"Thank you." Hyemi's bold inflection was replaced with a puny squeak.

Silence choked the distressed gratitude, and awkwardness was born. No one clarified why a 10-year-old lass was the principal of Dalton's private academy, not even the progressing students who slauted her dutifully- Frankly, No one thought it was odd.  All what hyemi recalled is approximatly having a lavishing china doll bashing her crown, then BAM. Now she's perching in front an ulzzang child, the so-called principal.

"May I take a glimpse at it?"

Being forced as usual, Hyemi passed the pendant heedfully. A fascinated 'principal' scrutinized the charming ellipses and the tangled ovoids. Hyemi almost swore that the mirror blazed, but it must have been the reflected light. There was a faint glimmer in her eyes, and her cherry, slim lips moved up and down, yet no sound came out.

"Those are singular,rare ornaments. Please don't wear the pendant now. It might get stolen. " Her tone was warm, concerned, yet she seemed on edge.

The encounter carried on until night-time wormed its way from the silk curtains. Little one's bambi eyes narrowed scornfully at the gloom, as if she can make it scamper away. Exhaling slowly, she bounced off the desk soundlessly like a feather.

"Miss Park, we'll be dining at eight o' clock.You'd better get ready,please."

...

Hyemi's shape sank below the mountain of swan-feather's pillows. The daze caught her off so badly that she partically failed to catch the swish of the door. A girl proceeded into the remarkable, spacious room, and -ouch, my dignity as a girl- she appeared alot cuter than any girl Hyemi came across before - not that she met many.

Her olive, immense orbs were encased by lengthy, delicate eyelashes that nearly brushed her high cheeks whenever they fluttered. Thick curls adorned her small crown,and her porcelainn skin shined from behind her pink-rose lips.

She seemed like an enchanted goddess.

"Hello, Im Sung Eunhee. You must be Park Hyemi, my room mate." She paused before giving Hyemi a compact, embarrased smile and extended her arm to give her a friendly hand-shake.

Hyemi coyly gave back the smile, and enveloped her slender fingers with her lightly, afriad that she might break the brittle angel infront of her. The other girl's mossy orbs wandered through the bedroom slowly, landing on Hyemi at last. Before she could say anything, the musical bell began, and Eunhee's expression lightened.

"Well, if it isn't dinner time. Let's get ready, shall we?"

"W-we shall! Uh..I'll change first."

Hyemi danced around playfully along the abondoned hallway towards the female's bathroom with an enormous grin beautifying her rich, cerise lips. She was so, so happy, that she nearly kissed the dusty wall. Yet, seems like the ugly fate wasn't so happy about her infrequent happiness. Because -as always- it was his job in her life to ruin everything.

So that's when her forehead collided with someone's eye.

"Ow, ow, ow! Sorry!" The blow was so powerful, she ended up on the floor, blinking her hot tears away.

"Great. I could have turned blind because of your graceful moves! What's wrong with you?! " Baekhyun's clone snapped, massaging his eye with his palm.

*Ok, I've had enough of Mr.-high-and-mighty. This was the last straw.*

"What's wrong with you? Ever since I've set a foot in this academy-which wasn't that long- You've behaved towards me as if I fed your puppy to a lion! Why do you hate despise me so much? I didn't do anything! " Hyemi retorted back, finally releasing her anger. Quietness spread through the dim hallway. It was so dead, that Hyemi caught the sound of the clock ticking in the far office. Awkwardness boiled the smothering air, so they both agreed with remaining speechless. Abruptly, an icy gale her eyes, and she was pressured into closing her eyes. When she opened them-

He was gone.

Just like that, in a mere second, gone.

*Either I should be impressed, or annoyed. *

*...*

*Yeah, I'm perfectly annoyed. *

Scratching her head, Hyemi breathed a great amount of air, then came into the ladies's restroom.

...

Running a brush through her locks, Hyemi urged a hastened pace while adjusting her uniform. It was almost eight, and she had a few seconds before the bell declares the beginning of the feast. She wrestled to wrap up her foot with her jet, worn-out converse, hissing a swear word.

The chime ticked into pleasant, melodic notes. Hyemi groaned with dismay, sprinting towards the colossal,victorian dining hall. Before her flapping shoe laces had the time to allow her to smack the floor with her face, she grasped the corner of the ebony doorway. Hyemi whispered a low prayer  with gratefull-ness while unfastening the locked knob. Familiar with the racket of giggles, squeals, groans, whispers across the hall, Hyemi made her way through the great deal of students.

Until she saw her.

Her copper,rippling strand was coiling around her finger as she scanned the guy infront of her. A bubble of giggles eruptted from her lean, peach lips - resulting to get an extra quiver down Hyemi's spine.

There she is.

The tormentor of Hyemi's past childhood, who made her cry in the first day of kindergarten, who slapped ice-cream across her face in the second, who had her drenched in coldness and wetness after attaching a bucket of ice above the doorway in the third, and so on.

Kim Hyuna...The hag from hell.

Hyemi's vision blurred with tears of horror and panic, but she gathered the remains of her strength to flee away as far as she could.

Meanwhile,the other girl's eyes noticed the stunned Hyemi who's alarmed expression never faded as she vanished through the mob. Learning that she was the kid who she enjoyed bullying, a pang of shock rushed through her body.

*Well, well,well. If it isn't Park Hyemi...*

*...*

* I think this year is going to be fun..*

 

Her playful smirk dissolved as she remembered the pendant she just saw. A pallid look replaced it as she skimmed the babbling mob.

*Wait, she can't be...*

*...*

* Screw the thought of this year, It's going to be really messed up this term.*

...

Hyemi's vision was having a look at the breath-taking garden from the window's glass. Exmaining the turquoise, glittering lake leisurely, her head spaced around habitually. Her jaw rested on her soft palm as she gazed. That's when something glided towards the other side in front of her. Hyemi blinked twice before rising slowly from her seat.

*Was that...A cat?*

"Are you the new girl here?"

The feminine inflection's owner was for a good-looking lass who's grey eyes studied Hyemi.

"U-uh..Yeah?" Hyemi spluttered sheepishly.

A small chuckle drained from the girl's confident mouth."You're so adorable! So the rumours have been true..."

"R-rumours? A-about me?! " Hyemi nearly choked on the spoon that hung from her lips.

"Yeah! It's quite stirring when the principal actually accepts a newcomer."

"So...Enteries are limited?" Hyemi's voice found shock and wonder in it.

"Totally." The pretty lass slid beside her with a cheeky grin. "By the way, I'm Han Hyun Rim."

"Nice to meet you, I'm Park Hyemi."

High-pitched screams and loudening whispers spread through the air of the room. Hyemi and Hyun rim's heads turned to the enterance. Baekhyun's clone strolled in, neglecting the drama around him, yet girls couldn't seem to shut up.

Hyun Rim poked Hyemi with her elbow, returning Hyemi's attention to her.

"Do you wish to know another reason why are they talking about you?" She winked, baffling Hyemi more and more.

"Uh...okay."

Hyemi sure had a bad feeling about what she's going to say next.

"Well.." Hyun rim teased.

"Well?"

Hyun rim delayed for a moment to build some more pressure,then a smirk popped.

"There's a huge rumour about you and him,that you two are actually dating."

 

 

 

************************************************************************************************************************************************