A drop of Past III

Night Classes : Supernatural *Discontinued*

Bu Sheir Girdap Gulum - I don't understand turkish, but I love this song :)

 


 

"-You promised me!-"

           "-She's sleeping!-"

"-Do I look as if I care-" 

"-You're her-"

"-Was it all a lie-"

"-My love was never-"

"-All you care about is-"

The chopped words are scarred daggers that are digging through her wounded childhood. She held her ears, pleading herself not to care. The letters turned to yells of rage. Her devastated body dug more under the sheets, attemtping to ignore every hurtful breath, every yell, every word.

The door unlocked.

And the bed sank. Two arms gently were wrapped around her delicate body. Dejection overwhelmed her feelings, and her eyes began stinging. "Mama hates me, right?" Her broken tone made her feel more vulnerable.

She could almost see him hesitating by how he flinched. "I can clearly see you heard the quarrel, ma princesse."

"I bet the entire cleaning staff did." The child dryly chuckled.

A moment of silence waved by, and all Hyun Ki could do is sigh. "She doesn't hate you, ma princesse. You're just her first child, and she doesn't know how to take care of you."

The girl mumbled as she complained. "She doesn't even know how to take care of you."

Hyun Ki dramatically gasped and poked her ribs, causing her to giggle. "Now now, ma princesse. Don't be rude! Gosh, how am I supposed to take care of a 6-year-old child when she's talking like that about her mother?"

She innocently giggled. "Fine. I'm sorry."

Her laugh made him forget all his stress, all the squabbles he had between his wife and him, everything but the fact that he loved his baby girl. Sneeking a peck on her forehead, he caressed her arm softly. "Go to sleep, it's almost midnight, ma princesse."

He could almost see her smile in the gloom. "Goodnight, papy."

"Goodnight, ma princesse." He silently got out.

...

Her figure was curled up in the corner of the room, eyes staring unblinkingly at the book that was straggled upon her lap. Her eyes were dark, and the rings below them were darker; periodically her eyes went downwards, only to snap wide open again, feigning alertness. Scratching her hair - that was an impressive mess-, she looked at her crumbled clothes and sighed. As she stretched up, suddenly decided to play sore and dry, demanding a soothing cup of water to calm it down.

Trudging down the hall to the east side, she gaped at the walls. A dozen faces of bad-tempered, centuries-old aristocrats frowned down at her. Shaking her head with a childlike, inoffensive smile, she continued walking towards the kitchen - where the cooks will kick her out, for sure. By the time she came back, she was humming a quiet, tuneful chanson as she almost passed by the massive living room.

"I want you to assassinate them both."

Almost stumbling by the rug, her hand almost dropped the cup by shock. She felt her eyes widen up before she quickly pressed herself by the wall, trying to pry at the room. She couldn't have heard right, right?

"He said they have it, so get rid of them, and get.me.my.jewel."

Every letter was soaked with venom, and she had every right to shiver violently. Heaping up the remaining of her courage - or idiocy- that was cowering away, she dared to give a small peep by the side. The woman who was supposed to be her so-called "mother" had her eyes set forward on a dark-haired boy who was around her age.

The breath-taking latter gave her a blank stare, refusing to reply. His eyes unexpectedly trailed off, and they landed on hers. A spark flew between, and she was about to swear he looked familiar in a way. Recovering from her frozen state, she zipped back to the wall, horrified that he might snitch her out.

"What is it your looking at?" The sharp tone insisted on an explanation.

Silence slashed through them both, and the boy seemed to ponder whether to make a scene about it or not. It held back, lingering back until Hei Ryung raised up an eyebrow, questioning herself if the boy was deaf or not.

"It was nothing, your highness."

The utterance rang through her. His tone soft and it appeared as if his tongue was wrapped with velvet, but between his lines was a lethal weapon.

"Are you still with the plan?" Her "mother" sure seemed annoyed, tracing from her tone.

No reply from the other lass.

"Are you or are you not?" The woman hissed like the serpent she was.

"Yes, your highness. I'll get rid of them." He almost snarled, irritated.

...

The girl lifelessly tossed and turned, sleepless from unexpected insomnia. It was wrong, all wrong. It's silent. It was graveyard's silence. She couldn't hear the pair quarrelling. And it didn't feel right at all.

Something sure must have happened.

She exhaled, again. She took exactly 2987 sighs. She counted till 3 hours, 36 minutes, and 52 seconds passed by. Raking her birdnest hair with her bony fingers, she swinged her legs down the queen-sized bed. Hesitating to get out or not, she decided to take risk of scolding. Even though she was on her toes, she could hear the wood down her weight. Sliding down the hall, she silently tried shooing her instincts away. The more she walked, the more her warning feelings roared. As she reached the door, her shivering palm its line to the handle. Her pulse was pounding in her ears, blocking out all other sounds except the breath that was raggedly moving in and out of at regular, gasping intervals. She could no longer control her hands, they were shaking in an odd trembling rhythm as the colour drained from her face.

Yes, something was wrong.

"Papa?" A squeak choked her, and she flung the door open. Nothing mattered anymore, but her father. Her mother could slay her head for all she cared. It was worth it. All of it.

Scrambling towards the bed, her jaw snapped up and she froze. A feeling of dread crept up from the pit of her stomach. A cold wave embalmed her as the hairs rose on the back of her neck and ran dry. She was paralysed to the spot, the menacing aura holding her in tightening grip.

"PAPA!!!" Her scream echoed through the room, ripping the dark with her tears.

Hyun Ki had a sword nailed to his chest, wiggling out of his back.

 

 

 

 

**********************************************************************************************************************************************************

I truly apologize if you waited long. I have school now, and im so tired i cant even think. I still didn't even do my homework -.-. As you can see, this was Young Hyemi's Point of View. There's still one more chapter for the end of her history :)