Sync of the Piano

Night Classes : Supernatural *Discontinued*

 

 A thousand years -Christina Perri

 


 

Betrayal is a bottomless seeded feeling and it would leave one almost as though in a state of incomprehensible or inconceivable thoughts with no way of connecting ones words spoken. It was silently lurking in the shadows that were sewed on the walls, lingering for a moment to pounce at Hyemi's figure and chomp viciously, sending realization to the deepest pit of her body.

"Your mother murdered your father, Hyemi." There was an inexplicable look on Mi's face; she was probably searching for the right way to explain all this to Hyemi.

Someone shoved Hyemi into a pool of melted ice.

The details she just collected as a punch in the stomach couldn't sink in. It floated in the air, giving a negative reply to all. Hyemi was in her own glass of ball. She could make out only far, far noise embracing the circle they made. "Why did you tell her this way?!" That was positively Mi's flustered inflection. "I know you were planning to hide that!" Ri's utterance snarled back.

She was still quiet.

The letters were swirling in her mind. She tried sticking them back, and she couldn't. Hyemi's brain was a bemused chaos. She didn't understand, as if her brain short-circuited and needed to be rebooted. Around her, everything was in fast-forward while she was motionless in the middle of it. Everyone around her was in total wreck. When the words finally calmed down in her mind, she was breathless at the thought of it, at the impossibility of what must've happened.

"What are you talking about? You...both told me my parents were dead!" Confusion stepped back, pressing itself to the wall to let fury in. "You...lied to me?" A wounded look was tinted in her eyes.

"Let them explain, Hyemi." A composed principal who wasn't shaken at all was peacefully sipping tea.

Slowly exhaling, Mi's trembling voice broke twice before saying. "You're the Daughter of Cronus, Hyemi. The powerful leader of the First Gods."

"The who?" Hyemi spluttered, causing Mi to recite herself twice.

"Your mother is the Granddaughter of Erebus, the dark queen." Ri muttered, firmly clasping her cup.

Head still spinning, Hyemi stood up, gripping the table for support. Time seemed to slow down, melting all around her. She blinked at them so slowly, shaking till her core. "I don't want to hear this anymore. Excuse me, I'm leaving first."

Fumbling with her bag that was lounging on the ground, Hyemi hoisted it forcefully on her shoulder. Bidding her farewell for the second time hastily, she stumbled to the door.

*Flashback*

*Daughter of Cronus, is running away? Oh, the shame that is written on my face. Oh, the humiliation.*

"What the hell? I'm no Daughter of Cronus or Cornus or whatever! I'm Park Hyemi, and that's it." I panted before snapping at the air.

...

"Then I assume we can steal Daughter of Cronus for a minute, hm?" Hyemi swore she saw someone moving as she squinted into the darkness.

...

I'm afraid the Granddaughter of Erebus wouldn't allow that."

*End of flashback*

*I'm driving myself insane.*

"Hyemi...Please-" Mi started, hesitation was tasted in her sound.

Gritting her teeth in order for her not to yell, Hyemi's pupils turned to slits, narrowing at the door's surface. "I said I don't want to hear this anymore."

"Hyemi! " Dismay was a bitter taste in Ri's voice.

Not trusting her voice, her body found another way to respond. Instead of calmly opening the door and leaving, she snaps. Energy is a volcano that erupts in her, screaming at her to do something, stop controlling herself, stop thinking, stop everything but curl her fingers and let it go in a blow.

She punches the door.

Deflating it.

The wood splinter lands on the base, but Hyemi is too busy running away than to realize the damage she caused. The stretched hallway, looks as thought it was abandoned for ages. Her breathing quickens, trying to appease her need for oxygen, but it is disturbed by the dirt. Feeling trapped, as if she's suffocating in the midst of her escape. Her legs become wary as her feet desperately attempted to create a form of traction- something that was lacking. The blood pounding in her ears clogged her brain, and she launched into the deserted music class at full speed. She falls back against the wall, crumbling to the floor. Hugging her knees, Hyemi drifted off to the window that was tinged with the luminous light, streaming through the gloom.

Your mother murdered your father, Hyemi.

Her eyes squeezed shut, and a strong wave of pain striked her, working its way up from her gut to spread to the ends of her fingertips and down her withered legs. As she sobbed, she felt the warm hotness of grief spill from her eyes and slide down her trembling cheeks. Wiping her eye with her palm, she tried to stifle a sniffle, yet fails with a small gasp. Burying her head into her knees out of shame and sorrow, more salty droplets seeped out from her eyes. A beautiful sound disturbed her miserable session. This noise was the sound of icicles and little sleigh bells mixed into one impacting combination. She felt the sadness of the music seep into her body, and spread through her veins.

A piano.

The magic of the sound drew her curiousity and she slowly advanced toward the centre of the room, afraid that this was a dream and one wrong step would waver the music. A person whos back was stealing the lines of he moonlight was seated at the stool, leaning over the musical instrument, pressing his slender fingers on the ivory keys.

Deoneun mangseoriji ma jebal nae simjangeul geodueo ga
Geurae nalkaroulsurok joha dalbit jochado nuneul gameun bam
Na anin dareun namjayeotdamyeon huigeuk anui han gujeorieotdeoramyeon
Neoui geu saranggwa bakkun sangcheo modu taewobeoryeo

Baby don’t cry tonight eodumi geochigo namyeon
Baby don’t cry tonight eobseotdeon iri doel geoya
Mulgeopumi doeneun geoseun nega aniya kkeutnae mollaya haetdeon
So baby don’t cry cry nae sarangi neol jikil teni

His voice was interlaced with silk. Morning's crisp air. A soothing by a butterfly's wing. An angel's whisper. Words that seemed like magic were escaping Baekhyun's lips, to get captured by the calming melody the keys emitted. Shuffling beside him, Hyemi watched as his piano fingers danced on the keyboard. Her eyes rose to his peaceful face, that was soaked by the moonlight, making him look as heavenly as possible. His angelic eyes fluttered, 3 times exactly. As soon as he stopped, his eyes turned to her.

"W-why are you still crying?" A helpless look glittered in his innocent eyes.

A little bubble of laughter escaped her surprised mouth, before sighing. "Because...that was beautiful."

It was Baekhyun's turn to laugh, amused. His fingers reached to her eyes rubbing her tears away as gentle as possible. "You shouldn't cry about that, silly. Now look at your beautiful face, it's ruined with tears."

Halting after realizing what he said, Hyemi's red face looked up. "B-beautiful?"

He paused, before leaning and printing a kiss on her head. "Of course you are.."

 

 

 

 

 

********************************************************************************************.

I wanted to finish -as usual-as a cliffhanger, but...I couldn't find any scene as a cliffhanger, so I decided not to kill you- and myself- by finishing as romantic as possible.

Please comment~!