We found both love and misery

Night Classes : Supernatural *Discontinued*

Her heart blinks at him. It was as if he was talking in a different language that she couldn't understand at all. She keeps staring at him with a blank look, mind left empty with no thoughts processing his unfathomable words until the shocks sinks in her blurry sight.

He confessed to her just now.

Wait, what?

Disbelief made it impossible for her to utter a single thought that crossed her mind as she stared at his emotionless yet reddening cheeks - although she might have as well been pinking all along. Her mind was sent reeling, unable to comprehend or process the idea of him liking her back. She looked away, then looked back to see if he was still there. He was.

He must've understood her lack of reaction as a different answer, since he rose up, muttering that he'd take his leave first. Her daze must have caught her badly if he thought she was simply not paying attention because of pretending like she didn't hear him at all. Both panic and ectasy rose in her chest, blooming into a warm mess that would fully wreck her senses. Luhan's fingers are crammed through his thick, honey-golden hair. Hurt and embrrassment are written all over his face, which makes tremendous guilt soar between her bones. "Ignore what I've just said now."

"No."

He smirks warily as he avoids her burning gaze. "It's fine, really."

"No, it isn't. It isn't fine at all."

"I should really get going. Have a good night sleep, Hyemi."

Before he could even step a foot farther, she grabs his sleeve, but he doesn't turn around an inch. "Please look at me, Luhan." She calmly requests.

He hesitates, but turns anyway, and their lips gently collide. Even though she was the first to initiate the kiss, he still managed to steal her breath away. Wrapping her flimsy arms around his strong neck while weaving her fingers through his locks, she can feel him smile softly against her lips. His hand almost instantly find her waist while the other cups the back of her neck, deepening their shared touch.

Once they break apart, her pulse pounds against her ear, and his chest rises and falls like he's been running. They stare at each other, before they both ease into chaste smiles. "What's the kiss for, Ms.Park?" He's already teasing her about it.

As he got no reply from the flustered female, who was all too soon glowing with embarrassment, Luhan chuckled. Despite having to be patient and understanding to her reaction, as though he only bombed her earlier with his confession, he longed hearing her tell him that she loves him back. Her reaction displayed her acceptance, so why is she holding back from what she truly wants? It's both frustrating and endearing to watch. Because it's a need nothing can fulfill but those 3 words that she'll utter sooner or later, and he watches as she shrugs in an aloof act - playing hard to get when he already has her.

"Oh, I see. So you only felt like it, harrassing someone who confessed to you. You're a bad girl, Park Hyemi, driving a boy insane shamelessly." He couldn't help it, the amusement he found in teasing the girl was too powerful.

"Same is said here, Xiao Luhan. You can't read between the lines, can you?" Her hand twisted the middle of his shirt to her grip, pulling him closer.

His arms flex, pulling her against her chest, and his lips hover just above hers, their hot breath mingling. "I'm afraid those who are blind can see nothing but the dark, Mon amour*. So why not enlighten me?"

"What if it is me who's blind?" Her face digs into his chest, listening to his pleasant, rythmic heart beats.

"Then I'll stay here to guide you out of the gloom." He whispers, tone huskier than usual as his grip tightens.

"But what if the trust was broken?" She's trying to push him away and failing. What if she ends up hurting him? She can't afford that.

He placed his head on hers, humming as she crumpled his crisp shirt with her tiny fists. "Then I'll stay there to stitch it back, and if I fail, then hope I rot an eternity in my very own hell."

Love is a beautiful, brutal beast that holds her heart hostage, and tears spill to drench his chest as she stays quiet before spluttering another question out. "What if I don't love as much as you do?"

He paused humming, before smiling gently and pecking her lips. "Oh, Mon amour. You worry too much."

"Now let's go and get you back to bed."


...


Her dainty fingers were adorably interlaced with his, and she smiled while glancing at the boy by her side. It was almost too good to be true: This, this beautiful man is her boyfriend. Hyemi would be lying if she said she believed that. But the warmth that was seeping from hand to hers was telling a different story: that this is no dream her thoughts laced.

As they trudge back to the girl's dorm as he wants to drop her off first, they walk by slowly, enjoying the calm silence between them. Once they stop at her door, she turns to meet his heart-stoppingly beautiful eyes. A tiny smile tugs on her lips as he winks and wishes her a good night. Hyemi watches, heart racing as he walks out. As soon as he's out of sight, she sinks by the wall, in a gooey mess because of his sweet acts.

Oh, damn you, Xiao Luhan.

What good deed did she ever do to deserve having him as her boyfriend?

Within half a hour, she was already in her PJ's, tucked in her bed. Picturing his sweet smile, that never left her thoughts again, she lightly giggled like a hopeless girl in love and dug her in her pillows, a blush flaming her cheeks. No one - expect a certain dark-haired, half-mythical boy - ever left her feeling like this. Ignoring the stab her heart recieved once she remembered him, she focused into drying her wet strands. She's must've lost him - no, he lost her - but she got something far better now.

Then why was her heart hurting so badly at the moment?


...


Hyemi woke up with her heart unable to stand her own chest. It was both a feeling of floating at the clouds and drowning in shallow water. She was suffocating; if she knew the longing to see him was that bad, she'd have never even considered sparing a glance at Luhan's face. For the devil's pity, that boy didn't have enough by stealing her heart first, he was starting to steal her sanity too.

Almost skipping - yes, she nearly skipped - to the girl's restroom in her dorm, she was suddenly aware of the girl's stares. It was a collection of envious stares, admiring stares, and red-eyed stares - that indicated some were crying. Frowning in confusion, she quickly finished her usual routine and jogged back to her room, attempting on avoiding the stares of random strangers.

What was more disturbing, was that it was carried on to the dining hall where she was heading for breakfast. Some passing classmates also congratulated her for no reason, while she accepted them in a confused manner. But it was that as soon as she reached her own table - were all her friends were seated-, they all turned to stare at her blankly. And before she could even voice out any questions, Hyuna jumps at her squealing.

"Oh, I'm so happy for you guys!" Her tone was high-pitched, rising a few octaves with every word as if she lost her breath.

Hyemi tilted her head, bemused. What on earth was going on? Was Asder freed? Was her mother killed? "Uh, what are you talking about?"

They all exchange glances, beaming. As Hyuna gets their approval to tell her, she smiles like it's suddenly Christmas and she's Santa Claus. "Didn't you know? Luhan told all of us about you two, finally! I thought I'd have to age and reach my 90's to witness this!"

Her face is glowing a light shade of pink as she confirms with a shy smile. "I can see that he already ruined the surprise I was planning to clarify to you guys."

"A surprise?!" The girls squealed, while the guys groaned. Sure, they were happy for you and their boy, but they won't be exaggerating it as the girls do - girls are mysterious creatures; it was clear that they would never be understood.

Hyemi smiled. "No, actually he-"

Just at that moment, Luhan walked in. All in a tight, crisp shirt and black jeans. His honey-golden hair was a disheveled mess - as if he stumbled out of the bed just now and didn't bother to tame it at all - which made his look more seductive appealing. Hyemi forgot suddenly what she was saying as she couldn't keep her eyes off him.

"Luhan!" Kris called, "Your girlfriend's here!"

Luhan gave the girl a blank look before nodding and walking towards them. Hyemi's heart is a racing olympic runner as he closed more distance between them, eyes on him as they wait for his reaction. As soon as he was standing precisely by her, he leans down to stiffly peck her flaming cheek, receiving a smattering amount of squeals and whines.

"Good morning, princess." He robotically sits by her, draping his shoulder by the back of her chair.

It was something about that kiss and his act that made her feel uneasy - it's like receiving a kiss from a stranger you've never met before. Foreign and outlandish. And his eyes. Those eyes that are always b with that playful, soft glint is now replaced with a bleak stare, like doll's eyes. But maybe she's wrong. Maybe he didn't have enough sleep after yesterday's incident. Maybe he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Maybe he's simply tired.

Maybe.

 

 

 

************************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys ^o^ - please don't hurt me for not updating. I'm facing the infamous IGSCE, so mom only bans me from my laptop until today =s. But the good news is : I will add another update for this story (Count it in as a double update, since you guys deserve it) AND I will update for my second story too! (They must've been sick with me, waiting for an update from an entire month ._.')

Anyway, this was supposed to be updated on the previous chapter, but oh well.

*Drum rolls*

 The extended version of Luhan's apology to Hyemi (Refer to chapter 33)!!! Now you guys get to read what Luhan was thinking of too! (I hope you like it though <3)

The silence thickens between them, only broken when the wind whips her hair across her face and the quiet movements of his flexing muscles as he adjusts the distance of his bow to the target. Fiddling with the rough outline of her jacket, her shoulders tensed when she heard the dead crunch of the died leaves louden as he heaved a loud, frustrated sigh and tossed his bow aside, inching closer to the unbothered girl.

"I'm sorry-" I'm not.

"-I know." Don't be sorry. I want you to do that again.

"I couldn't control my anger-" I couldn't control my ache for you any longer.

"-I don't blame you." The only reason I'm not blaming you for the bruises that I've got as an aftermath is probably because I've enjoyed kissing you more than you did.

"Can we be friends again?" Can we be more than that?

"Ofcourse we can." Sweetie, I want to be greedy and ask for more.

"Okay?" Please say no.

"Okay." No way in hell.