When it Burns II

Night Classes : Supernatural *Discontinued*

Titters and sniggers feasted on the tranquillity that cloaked the forest.

And Luhan looked as if he will faint.

It's as if his body didn't know how to react. His face was slack, mouth slightly open, body unmoving and colour draining from his face as he stared wide-eyed at something no one else could see. He was frozen up to a point where Hyemi can hardly see him breathing, but the shock begins to melt away, everything returned slowly.

"I hope were not interrupting your training, Son of Hyperion." A raspy voice descended from the semi-darkness across the side.

Unblinking, Luhan parted his lips to speak. Snapped it shut. Gulped. Then with a little more success he cleared his throat muttering. "You're interrupting nothing."

"Then I assume we can steal Daughter of Cronus for a minute, hm?" Hyemi swore she saw someone moving as she squinted in the darkness.

Luhan was already by her side, pushing Hyemi beside him. "I will not let you touch a hair of hers with your filthy hands." He growled.

"I'm afraid the granddaughter of Erebus wouldn't allow that." With that frosty reply, a dark shape with a cloak overlaying it yanked Hyemi's other wrist.

Hyemi, squealing with surprise and pain, wrestled the unfriendly palm away. Luhan's patience finally cracked. Flames swayed beside his blood, rushing between the veins to his fingers. His fists were burning with an overwhelming sensation, flames twirling in a dance around his skin. Punching the shadow, Luhan sent him flying from one side of the forest to the other at what seemed like the speed of light. His crippled, burning body made contact with the opposite wall and he slid to the base. The raging fire ripped through the atmosphere, the trunk of the trees, lapping up the oxygen. The fire whips and sways on the ground, smouldering the shadow figure with the mud.

"When I ordered not to touch her, I meant every word I said." Luhan hissed.

Before Hyemi could react, she was already in Luhan's arms in a bridal style. A blood-curdling, fuming scream was heard, commanding the others to hunt them down, and bringing  Daughter of Cronus back.

 

Luhan's POV:

His feet ghosted upon the forest floor as he flew through the trees. Luhan could already feel them chasing, adernaline pumping like ice in his veins. He payed no mind to his direction, escaping being the only thing that mattered. He could sense them behind, rapidly catching up.

*This is the hunt, and I'm the prey.*

He, muttering a distraction spell, changed course and plunged between the bushes. The shadows noticed nothing, and carried on tailing the trail forward, leaving the pair behind. As soon as he was certain they vacated the place, Luhan sighed with relief, only then noticing the the alarmed Hyemi who was surronded by his arms. Awkwardly, he detatched himself, keeping his distance. His eyes scanned the stuffy area, realizing then they were still close of the school grounds. Luhan's orbs went back to Hyemi's. Perceiving that the latter began shaking violently, his eyes softened with guilt.

"Let's go. We're not far away." His voice was careful while extending his palm out.

The latter shook her head in disbelief, slapping his offered palm away. "Explain to me the situation we just survived , first."

Rolling his eyes, Luhan couldn't believe he was having this conversation now. "We don't have time. Classes are starting soon, so-"

Cutting him off, Hyemi rejoined surly. "Your hand erupted with flames, crumbling that stranger to the ground that was across the forest. And if you think I will follow you back to that mad house without an explanation-"

Losing his self-control for what seemed like the tenth time this day, Luhan cornered Hyemi by a trunk, slamming his palm to let her quiten down. "I'm not the one who's responsible to give you an explanation, princess. Ask one from the principal, I think she owes you one." He hissed with an outraged manner, not aware of how close he was from her reddening face.

Leaning back, he roughly shoved his hands into his pockets. "Now, if you're done with your silly, childish tantrum, why don't you follow me back to our mad house?" He sarcastically mimicked her statement, giving his back to her and walking away.

...

The rest of the journey back was a hush. Hyemi, still embarrassed, tailed Luhan's back between the trees while avoiding the branches away. Once they reached the principal's office, Luhan left her alone for her fate. The clock chimed, its ticks waltz with the air, suffocating Hyemi on the wait. She shifted nervously in her chair, her hands interwined with each other repeatedly as she watched room to room, corner to corner, as she waited for someone, something, anything! The secretary finally allowed her to enter, and she whispers a faint "thanks" as a sign of gratitude. The child who was scribbling upon a few papers, looked up and her eyebrows flew up. She cleared , uncovering her eyes from her glasses, and tossing a glance at the highly-strung, agitated Hyemi who tugs her lips in a tight smile.

"Did you ask for me, dear?" She gently gestured for the girl to sit down. "Is something wrong?"

With a trembling voice, Hyemi croaked. "W-well...I wanted an explanation for a few situations and events that occured."

Hyemi could already see the child's arms stiffen. Choking in her own spit, she coughed a few times, resulting in making the other girl panic, asking if she can get her a cup of water.

"E-explanation? ...For what?" Alarmed, the choking principal stuttered.

Exhaling sharply, Hyemi's throat hitched. She slowly explained what happened. The pacing principal halted, eyes widening at the confused girl. Excusing the lass for a moment, the ulzzang youngster hurried out, whispering her shocked secretary an order.

...

Hyemi's POV:

 

The sun, like a large, granduer orange fireball in the distance was partically concealed by the hanging clouds, which were splashed with the random colours of hot pinks, reds, and even hints of purples and blues. Her hands hugged the handle, and she unfastened the window's handle. She tangled her eyelashes as she closed her eyes for a minute, feeling the crisp air kiss her cheeks. The click of the door caught her ears, and she turned lazily.

The X twins.

Feeling light-headed and possibly disoriented, while her mind began buzzing. Joyous tears blocked her vision, and she flung her self into Mi's wide-open arms. Ri's eyes were crinkled as she smile softly, listening to the sobs that her sole granddaughter made. As they sat down, Hyemi cuddled the two as the principal came back with a tea set.

"What are you doing here?" Hyemi happily asked.

Ri rolled her eyes, standing with her hands placed on hips. "Oh, someone is disappointed? Come on, Mi, we're not wanted here."

Giggling, Hyemi hugged Ri. "I didn't mean it that way, grandma!"

Beaming, Ri flopped back at the leather couch. "Much better."

"We came, because we were asked to." Mi's eyes landed on the girl who shook her head.

"Actually, Hyemi wanted an explanation to certain events. I think it's time for her to know." The younger lass handed each one of them a cup of green tea.

"Know what?...Are you...hiding something from me, that I should know?" Hyemi's calm eyes blurred with confusion. In unsion, the X twins sighed. Ri's eyes traveled everywhere but on Hyemi, refusing to make an eye contact. Mi's body shifted, connecting her lips with the cup's surface.

"W-what is it? What's going on? What's wrong?!" Panic was another air she accidently gulped.

Everyone remained quiet, refusing to look at Hyemi. Her heart hammered, almost ripping her chest apart. The three anxiously glanced at each other, until Ri opened to say something she'll regret very, very soon.

 

"Your mother murdered your father, Hyemi."

 

 

 

*******************************************************************************************************************

I know, I'm the worst :P I think this cliff-hanger is crazier than the previous XD. Well, what do you think?