Watchful eyes

Night Classes : Supernatural *Discontinued*

Elliott Yamin - This step alone


Puddles gouge the gritty road, courtesy of the early-afternoon rain shower. The scent of fresh, organic air lingered between the atmosphere. After the almost-disastrous scene under the rain, all what Hyemi registers that Luhan sent the aging driver away with a fumbling excuse and a pile of cash. Taking hold of her hand, he dragged her back towards the entrance of the building silently. Clasping hands, and agreeing not to commit a single word from their mouths.

...

The response was immediate, the metallic head that hung loosely above her spread water unto her body, the sudden shock making her tense her muscles. The water slowly warmed the poor girl, soothing the ache that clawed at her limbs. Pouring gentle soap into her palms, her fingers met her hair, dancing into the mess it was, ridding it of the knots time have given. Her face was hot red, which would've been easily mistaken as a result of the scorching water pouring down her skin, but Hyemi knew it wasn't the case.

Her mind would travel back to the scene of her and Luhan. How skinship between the two resolved on calming her down and rethink the whole situation again. Colour seeped to her cheeks once again, and she forced her face in, letting the water smack the surface of her face.

*Calm down, he didn't intend it that way. You're just over-doing it.*

Dragging the soap above her body, the action soothed her tough skin. Attacking her skin with soap, she scrubbed until her skin reddened, but it's not as if she cared. After the fierce session of scrubbing, Hyemi pulled on her garments, preparing for night classes. Her water-heavy hair hangs down her back, sticking to her clothes in damp strands. Just as she unlocked the door of the restroom, two arms wrapped themselves gently around her waist, drawing her to his chest, and the sandalwood scent hit's her like a flash.

Closing her eyes at the tight, but comfortable embrace, her lips quirk up in a shy smile. "Baekhyun."

"Hey, you." His voice is a low rumble against her ear, and she quickly flushes with a mix of warmth and affection. She came to be comforted once his presence was beside her, leading her to forget everything bad.

"You smell good." He murmurs while he presses himself against the wall.

Taking a tight breath, the colour in Hyemi's cheeks darkens. "I have to go. Another Night session to patrol the forest."

Baekhyun exhales, grumbling. "Can't you ditch those useless classes for once? I promise to be good if you stay here."

Laughter shakes the shape of her body, soft and rich and indulgent, before she firmly shakes her head. "No, I have duties as a night classes student, and one of them is to patrol. Maybe next time, Baek."

Before he could complain, she manages to squirm out of his arms and scurry out of the room. She can never describe the feeling she gets once they meet. Her stomach knots once she steals a glimpse at him. Sound of her heart slamming against her chest once he gives her a smile that will send her limbs to tremble and knees to buckle. It's an equisite sensation she can no longer ingore.

She really do have feelings for the guy.

...

Patrolling is a military tactic. Small groups or individuals units are deployed from a larger formation to achieve a specific objective and then return. For now, Hyemi's main objectives are two. One, ensure the forest is clear with no surprise attacks.

Two, try not to murder Hyuna.

Her whining would remind anyone of a kicked puppy, childishly flowing. And as much self-control does Hyemi have, she was becoming highly aggrivated, clutching her palms not to smack the said latter. After a few moments of the great deal of whimpering and complaining, the river of irritation Hyemi tried to block gushed, and her eyebrow twitched in annoyance. In an authorative tone, she ordered the lass to keep quiet or she'll leave her here for all she cared. Luckily for her, the latter decided to keep shut after the threat. They trudged along the soft, damp moss of the forest path. The tree's soft whisper against the wind was a lullaby, soothing and warm.

Everything suddenly changed, and the atmosphere grew sharp with coldness.

A crash reverberated the shadowed forest, and Hyemi's hand automatically clasped around the handle of her sword. Her senses electrified, sharpened with concentration. The flapping wings of the crows deafened her ears, and her pupils narrowed at the trees. The thundering noise echoed through the darkness, the cacophonous sound of colliding branches, shifting bodies, made her grasp the motion.

It's a body falling down the trees.

Frantically turned 360 degrees around, her alerted eyes searched. The audible noise settled, and she swiftly ran to the other side of the forest, gulping the tension that was clogging until she thought she couldn't breathe.

"Hyemi it's here-"

Hyuna's clear, confident voice wavered, and a blood-curdling scream through the darkness. Hyemi loped, and kept her breathing in tune with her steps as she rushed to the other girl. As soon as she reached her, she caught her by her arms. Hyuna refused to glance at her, her eyes pinned at the point behind her face.

"What is it? Hyuna, what is it?!" The girl shook the frozen latter.

More tears gushed down Hyuna's cheeks, and she choked back a sob. "Na Eun...". Crumbling to the ground, she rocked back and forth while sobbing uncontrollably.

Forrowing her eyebrows, Hyemi slowly turned her head to the side Hyuna's facing. Staring at the burned lump that was crippled by the tree, in took her a few moments to know what it was.

Blatant expression of lifelessness.

Smell of decaying flesh.

Lips on matching shade of blue-green.

There layed a cold, lifeless, rotting corpse.

The warm putrid feeling rose up , an acid bitter taste in all the mouth. Hyemi couldn't breathe as the blood-soaked image of the corpse burns itself into her brain. Pushing herself away from the whole scene, she rushes to the other side, races to the farthest corner and fell by her knees on the grass, emptying her stomach. Someone is behind her in a minute, holding her hair in a makeshift ponytail so it's off her face and rubbing her back in soothing circles. It doesn't more than his musky scent for Hyemi to know it's Luhan.

Once she finishes, he silently helps her to stand up, postioning her back in way for her not to take another glimpse at the dead figure.

"Do you think you can walk back?" Concern fills his tone, and Hyemi manages a hard nod. Hyuna's wails echo through the shadows, her cries sending Hyemi to whimper. She know's what it's like to lose someone you love in such a way.

"Hyemi!"

Her heart skipping a beat as she turned to face HyunRim, feeling her pulse beating in her ears, blocking out all other sounds except the breath that was raggedly moving in and out at regular, gasping intervals. "Y-yes?"

The scrambling girl finally reached her, her palm clutching a white sheet painted with blood. Her face pale with fear. That's not good. Hyun Rim never gets terrorized easily. A feeling of dread crept up from the pit of her stomach, warning her to prepare herself for another course of emptying her stomach. Unclenching her fist from the sheet, Hyun Rim's shaking palm displayed the strange logo.

"Your mother is alive. She's preparing for a war."

 

 

 

*****************************************************************************************************************

Sorry for the long hiatus. My mind was blank about what to write next and school was pressuring me. I promise for the next chapter to come early :)

Subscribe+ Comment