Parent's Chronicles

Night Classes : Supernatural *Discontinued*

"A time for everything

And everything in it's place

Return what has been moved

Through time and space"

Her murmur that was once trimmed with might and certainty, now trembled with shame and pity, and Hyemi was flung to the seat by unseen force. Dazed by the startling jostle, her forehead crinckled in confusion. Her eyes kept darting back and forth at the wobbly room. Once they settled down, she repositioned herself, now aware of the youngster that was facing her, sipping her Earl Grey tea with intense eyes. She smoothly tipped herself against the wall, observing the disconcerted one.

Her eyes slowly grazed the window that was sprinkled with fog and blackness. "Your father was a close friend of mine. He meant alot to me."

Hyemi's brisk pulse decelerated, and she gulped down her uncertainty whether to speak or not. "Why did he marry her? My mother?"

Moderately ruffling her rusty strands, the girl perched by Hyemi. Vague stillness overpowered them, and her answer was delayed. She fumbled there, reorganizing her disarranged regards. "Your father was the supreme alpha of the first gods. His tag was 'Cronus', for he was known to be wise, intellectual, and capable. Cronus was appointed to lead every war, every regulation, and every nation's responsibility."

Satirical layer of tranquility sheathed them both in an unspeakable moment of stillness while she tried to wrap her mind around what the other latter said. "So, simply to be said, dad was someone who dominated the realm?"

The principal nodded in a prudent way. "Close enough to the original meaning."

"What does that have to do with the arranged marriage between my parents?" Her confounded frown invested a thin line of her lips.

As she huddled by a cushion or two, the principal's eyebrows knitted together. "Erebus, who was ruling the land nearby, was in a continuous warfare that weld thirty years with your father's father. He was once caught as a prisoner, and beheaded for his barbaric crimes by next dawn. It is said that, in return, the royal family of the land requested for an arranged marriage that will be the conclusion for the endless battles between the two." The headmaster shook her head in sorrow. "It was a trick."

She halted to blink her b tears away. "The arranged marriage was done by a month after, and the pair was chosen from between the families. Hyun Ki was willing for this step as a payment for his father's action, and no matter who came to express disapproval or argue with him about it, your father would turn them down."

Gulping down a safe amount of water, Hyemi absorbed what she heard with flounder. "What happened next?"

"You happened." The little one expressed a fatigued smile. "9 months after the whole commotion, you came to life. You father was euphoric. He loved you to bits, literally. He adored fussing about you. He cherished every moment between you two. He appreciated every smile you gave him, every wave, every cry of laughter. He treasured you."

Warmth ran down in as a pleasing trickling stream, causing a contented sensation to soar through her stomach. Her heart was dipped into a pool of pure honey. It was an enjoyable caffeine buzz. It was paradisal. Then someone nailed a hole through her chest, reminding her that her only safety that was left in the world, was in his grave now.

"Then her other side came. She began arguing with him, even if it was about the most foolish reason. She aimed to convince him to give her the Everlasting Jasper." The child resumed her talk.

"Everlasting Jasper?" Hyemi questioned, rather having clogged up with bafflement.

She chewed her lower lip, pondering. "The Everlasting Jasper. It was the kingdom's proudest treasure. A true mystery, but it was said that it can only be used by the one who calims noble blood."

"Where is it, by now?" A deep sense that must have been her gut, wavered.

"With you." Her calm response made her blink twice.

Her insides lurched. "How can it be with-...My pendant?" Her hand s around the visible part of her neck.

"Yes, your pendant." Her prediction was confirmed by the principal's grave expression. "You have the most hazardous weapon between your hands. Everyone is setting their eyes on it. Be attentive, though. Even your most beloved would betray you for it."

Silence is the absolute lack of sound. The absolute nothingness. It was deafening, almost like a thick stagnant fog. Her brain clicked, and she recalled the last scene she saw her mother in. "Who was that boy?"

The child shook her head, rational enough. "Completely unknown. Judging from his actions and appearance, he didn't serve her long. A juvenile rebel. Aside from that, we're clueless."

"But he was requested from my mother to exterminate a pair!" Hyemi's eyes narrowed. "If he was the one assigned to get rid of my father and me, why didn't he leave me burn to death?"

"That's the question we all are confused about. Maybe he was appointed to kill someone else, and we never knew. All we are sure about, is that your mother put your father to his death by her own hands." She muttered.

Another thought-provoking question bugged her, and she released it, regretless to know. "My mother proclaimed that my father gave the Everlasting Jasper -my pendant- to one of the people he knew. Who were they?"

The girl shrugged. "One of his closest, dearest friends, I guess. Let me take this opportunity to remind you that your father never risked a tongue slip to state about his friends-" Her eyes widened in horror, and she flicked her fingers. "That's it! Your mother found out who they were, and she edicted the boy to assassinate them! Oh, the poor creatures!"

Hyemi blinked, concluding her own information. "They kept it hidden in that backyard. They were victims, nothing more than that."

The youngster shrieked in dismay. "What?"

The other girl hid her face between her palms, thoughtful. "I found it under the tree's shelter. It wasn't even hidden well."

"Oh, Hyemi..." Ruffling her hair, she glanced at the shamefaced lass. "Where is the pendant, now?"

"In my body..." Hyemi trailed off, gazing at her palms.

"Your body? H-how..." She spluttered, her mind a swirling sea of chaos. Comprehend struck her, fast. "It fused into your body?! How did that happen?"

"I don't know." She half-admitted, dazed. "I was having a dream, and when I woke up, it was gone. The only assumption I've got is that it's in my body."

The other carried on raking her fingers through her locks. "We can't force it out of your body. That will cause you to be in more danger."

A yawn that nearly left the hole of her lips was stifled by her palm, but the youngster straightaway was aware of the other's weariness. "Enough information for now. Go back to your room, and sleep. Tomorrow will be a long day."

 

 

 

 

 

***********************************************************************************************************************

I'm sorry I didn't update sooner, Highschool is dreadful. No notes for this chapter.

Comment+ Subscribe