Eight - 8

Wishes Can Come True
chapter eight;

 

Surprisingly, Kyungmin knew before I even told her. When I saw her near my locker along with three other unfamiliar girls, they immediately bombarded me with questions about Jongdae and I. 

I didn't really answer there questions properly. I only told them that this was schoolwork and no, nothing was going on between us. Apparently, some of my classmates saw how Jongdae and I talked to each other. How relaxed we were and how we seemed to be enjoying each other's company sparked a few rumors. 

"Are you still eating outside instead in the cafeteria today?" Kyungmin asked as we walked towards the said place; the cafeteria. 

"Well, I-"

"Oh no, wait, you shouldn't eat in the cafeteria," she said, cutting me off. "Those girls will ambush you! We'll have to eat outside," 

"We?" 

She looked over me and smiled. "Of course, unnie! You have to tell me everything about you and Jongdae!" 

"There's not much to tell, I already told you, we-"

Kyungmin shook her head and pulled me to the doors leading to the open courtyard. "Aniyo, I need you to tell me from top to bottom on how these rumors started," 

 

 

Like I told you, when Jongdae and I were talking, some of the girls and guys probably noticed us acting comfortabel with each other. Apparently we were acting too comfortable for their liking and they started this crazy idea that maybe we were secretly dating. Ah, seriously? Is that how society worked nowadays? 

I told Kyungmin what actually happened and how I actually felt when I was talking with Jongdae. We didn't talk about anything really, we only talked about when to start, who's doing what and where to meet. 

So far, Jongdae and I still didn't finalize everything yet but he told me that if he'll see me, he'd just tell me when we could start. I trusted his word. 

"Ah, unnie, you're so lucky!" Kyungmin squealed and slapped me playfully in the shoulder. 

I sighed. I've been hearing that since this morning after History period. I smiled at Kyungmin and nodded. "Yeah, I know hundreds of girls in school would want to be in my place," 

Kyungmin eats some more of her kimchi, giving me silence for a while. I stare up at the cherry blossom tree above me. Usually, they wouldn't bloom during fall, but the tree's flowers were already falling down by the dozens. It wouldn't be long until this tree would be bald in the winter. 

"Sunhee, have you thought about it?" 

"I'm sorry, mwoya?" I asked, turning back to look at her. 

"Did you thought about . . "her voice trailed off and she moved her hands in the air but I look at her, confusion on my face. She sighed and dropped her hands and placed her chopsticks in her lunchbox. "You know . . . did it cross your mind that you could be closer to Lay through Chen's help?" 

"I-I . . ." I thought about it. Actually, it didn't really sound bad. "Aniyo, aniyo. I didn't actually," 

Kyungmin snapped her fingers and smiled. "You're welcome then. But, you know, since you and Chen are technically childhood friends, I'm sure he wouldn't mind you hanging out with them, and can I tag along if you-" 

"Whoa, wait, wait, wait a minute!" I held up my palms in front of me as I looked at a confused Kyungmin. "I-I . . Kyung, they're the kingkas! The 'male gods' of this school, I'm a low class nerd who has no chance with Yixing, alright? Even if Jongdae helps me, I'm not so sure-"

"Sunhee," she placed her hands on my shoulders and looked at me with her soft eyes. "What do I always tell you? Think positive, unnie. Anything is possible if you just try. If you really like Yixing, then you would actually try to get to know him more and make him like you by who you are," she smiled at me, her features soft as she slid her hands down from my shoulder and back to her sides. 

I frowned. "Kyungmin, I don't need to prove how much I like Yixing. But, you're right. I can try and I-I will . . . try," 

Kyungmin smiled, this time she showed her white teeth. "Good. And besides, your getting your contacts this Wednesday right? You can finally skip those glasses like you've always wanted,"

I bit my lip and said nothing. Kyungmin and I continued to eat as the wind blew, as cherry blossoms dropped and as birds flew above us. I was chewing on some meat mixed with some vegetables when someone shouted, "Sunhee! Sunhee! Yah! Cha Sunhee!" 

I turned to the right, to where the voice was coming from. I almost choked when I saw Jongdae walking towards me, behind him was Minseok and Yixing

"Sunhee-ah," Jongdae greeted me happily and kindly. "Oh, are you okay?" he crouched down to my level as I coughed and coughed. When he did, Kyungmin stopped patting my back and her eyes widened at Jongdae. 

"Ah, nan gwaenchanh-a," I managed to say. "Wha-What are you here for?" 

Jongdae smiled as he stood up and looked down at me. "I wanted to let you know, that we can start our research later afternoon. I'm free after school until 6 o'clock, is that fine with you?" 

"Oh, of-of course," I glanced at Yixing and I was kind of relief that he wasn't really paying attention to us. He had his headphones on and was looking the other way. 

"Great!" Jongdae said, my eyes flickered to his smiling face. "You can meet me by the school gates after class, arasso?" 

I nodded and smiled back. "I-uhh, okay, of course," 

"I'll see you later then," he waved bye at me and even said 'anneyeong' at Kyungmin who had to stiffle her squeal when he did. 

Kyungmin sighed, containing her emotions. But her grin showed how she was feeling. That was the first time one of the kingkas said anything to her and I couldn't really blame her for being happy. "Unnie," she turned to me and grabbed my hand. "I'm saying this again; you are so lucky!"