Twenty Eight - 28

Wishes Can Come True

       {Third Person Point of View}

 

       "You like her too, don't you, Yixing?" 

 

    Amongst the busy people who did not have a second to spare and waste, Xiumin and Lay were walking side by side, both hands in their pockets as they headed towards one of their friend's houses. 

 

     It was already quarter to six, and the two of them were just walking towards their destination because Lay insisted. Sunhee had already went home, and the boys were kind enough to drop her off at the nearest bus stop. Chen was called by his father to their company's building and he couldn't really object his father's orders and commands. 

 

    So, now, it's only the two kingkas left and they were headed to Tao's house.

 

     It was a while before Lay had answered Xiumin. "Who?" he asked, as if playing dumb. But, he knew perfectly well who Xiumin was referring to. 

 

   "Cha Sunhee, of course," the older one said nonchalantly. 

 

  Lay couldn't help it; he smiled at the mention of her name. He did hear that name before, when teacher's would check attendance - but he had forgot who she was before, because Lay was more forgetful when he was younger which is actually ironic. 

 

  But, what he didn't forget was his first thought on her name - pretty name. Those were the first things that came up in his mind. 

 

  Her personality reflected the meaning of her name for Lay; Goodness and enjoyment. Sunhee was good, she was really kind and gentle in his eyes. He also enjoyed spending time with her, even when she was tutoring him. Sunhee was full of goodness, and she enjoyed herself as others enjoyed themselves around her and Lay sort of liked that. 

 

   "Sunhee is . . . alright," he admitted. "I mean, yeah, I like her. But, I don't like her in the way you think I do, Xiumin." 

 

   Oh, really, now? Xiumin thought inside his head as they crossed the street. He glanced at the boy. He's poker-faced again. 

 

   "What made you ask that, ge?" 

 

  "Nothing it's just . . . you smile often when you were around her," 

 

  "I was?" Lay asked, and Xiumin nodded at him and mumbled his reply. "Well, I did enjoy myself today. Sunhee is actually pretty funny, she knows what to say too." 

 

  "So, you do like her, huh, Yixing?" Xiumin like a little kindergarten boy. 

 

  "Not in the way you think I do," Lay repeated. "I mean," he narrowly avoided bumping into a person, but thank goodness for his fast reflexes. "Yes, I like her, but I don't think I can like like her, you know." 

 

     Xiumin nodded to himself, thinking about this. "Ah, I see. But . . . why can't you like her?" 

 

   "Well . . . Sunhee is pretty and she has a good heart, I can tell. But there's just something missing, you know." he said, trying to explain it properly. He couldn't really find the right words to say or describe what he was feeling or what he thought. "I guess . . . maybe I just don't-don't know her that much . . " 

 

  "Okay then," Xiumin mumbled. Well, at least a love triangle won't happen between the two of them . . .

 

    "Why did you ask me if I like her anyway?" Lay asked after some time when they were nearing Tao's house. Just a few blocks away and they'd be there. "I mean, like, do-"

 

  "Nothing really. I just wanted to know what you thought of her." Xiumin wasn't exactly lying, he just didn't tell the whole truth. 

 

  "What do you think of her, hm?" Yixing was also wanted to know. 

 

  "Sunhee's alright, yeah, and she's pretty I guess," Xiumin said. "I never met a girl like her actually. She's sort of . . .  weird, don't you think?" 

 

    Lay shook his head. "I don't think she is. She's just funny and slightly sill at times, but weird? Unique is more like it actually . . ." 

 

   Xiumin wasn't really paying attention to what Lay had said, because something caught his eye as they passed by a men's store. 

 

  "Mhm, yeah sure, whatever you say," Xiumin said absentmindedly as he stared back at the snapbacks and watches on the front of the store. 

 

   Lay smiled faintly to himself before looking down on the pavement. He was thinking about her name - Sunhee's? But why? He didn't really know, he could be random at times. 

 

  But, he couldn't really help it. Cha Sunhee . . .  hmm, a pretty name for a girl like her.  

________________________________

     {Sunhee}

 

     I stared at the top of his head as it was bent down, I would also stare at his hand as it moved quickly as he wrote. He was answering the assignment given to us for today, and as his tutor - I had to help him. 

 

   It was already Tuesday, three days since we hung out along with Xiumin and Jongdae. But, I find it strange that it seemed like it was only yesterday. 

 

   Right now, we were at the library - Yixing and I, for our after school tutoring session. We didn't get a chance to meet yesterday because he had dance class, so that was why we were here now. 

 

   "Finished," Yixing said happily as he placed his pencil down and leaned back on his chair, looking at me with a confident look in his eyes. 

 

   I just shook my head at him as I flipped over the text book so it would face me. "Yeah, we'll see about that look on your face, Yixing," I mumbled, but he still heard it because he chuckled. 

 

   I could feel his eyes on my head as I bent it down, seeing to it if his answers were correct or close to the correct answer - so, it was his turn to stare.

 

  It made me a little uncomfortable, but I didn't exactly dislike it. I just hoped his thoughts were positive as he looked at me, in which I kind of doubt. 

 

  I sighed as I finished reading his answers, his hangul did got better and his penmanship was a lot clearer now.

 

  "Well," I looked up at him, and I blinked three times as I saw him already looking back at me, a faint smile on his lips. I had to make sure I wasn't imagining it. 

 

    He raised an eyebrow up expectantly and I cleared my throat as I flickered my eyes away from his gaze. "You-umm . . . let's-le'ts just say all your answers are-uh-are acceptable, Yixing." 

 

  He smiled more and nodded once before he took his textbook. "That's good enough for me. Gumuwo, Sunhee-ah," 

 

  "I-uhh, yeah, sure." I nodded and packed up my things as he did the same. 

 

  "Do you want me to walk you home again?" he asked me as he we headed for the doors. 

 

   Do I?! "I-well-"

 

  "Oh, no, wait!" he suddenly came in front of me, blocking my way as he snapped his fingers together. "I almost forgot! Oh, well, I actually forgot it but . . . I just remembered," he smiled at me, a kind of innocent boyish smile. "Yesterday, on our last assignment, I got only two mistakes!" 

 

   As we started walking again, I couldn't help but laugh at him, but of course, I was amused by how he said it. "That's-" 

 

 "And that was because of you, Sunhee," he said as he turned to look at me. "So, to thank you, I want to treat you. Where do you want to go, hm?" 

 

    I stopped in my tracks and looked at him. "Mwo-Mwoh?" I stammered. 

 

  "It's really fine by me, Sunhee," he said, smiling softly at me, his eyes also as soft as his smile. "You kind of deserve it anyway for tutoring a forgetful person like me," 

 

  I nervously smiled and looked down. "Well, you are a good listener, Yixing." I admitted a little shyly. 

 

  "And you're a go-no, a great tutor! So, let me treat you, Sunhee," he insisted, even nudging me by the sides as we walked out of the campus. "It's still early anyways, I can get you home before 7 you know." 

 

    I widened my eyes a little and snapped my head to him, he was smiling back at me - but he did look serious. "Are you-you're really going to-err-I-I'm-" 

 

  "I'm serious, if you're wondering," he said as he looked at me pointedly. 

 

  "Uh-" I took another look at him and raised an eyebrow in doubt. He was smiling at me; a kind of hopeful smile. "You-you're not . . . you're not going to take 'no' as an answer, won't you?" 

___________________

   {Sunhee}

 

    From the way he was furrowing his eyebrows, the way his eyes were narrowed and as he placed his left index finger on his chin; I could tell he was having a hard time.

 

  I placed down my menu and smiled amusingly at him. "I can order for you, Yixing," 

 

   He looked up at me. "Uh-can-can you, please?" 

 

  "No worries," I said before raising my hand up to get the waitress' attention. 

 

  After I had ordered, the waitress told us we'd possibly wait for five to ten minutes for it to be finished before she left. 

 

  The first two minutes passed by with silence between us. I just watched Yixing as he watched the outside, through the glass windows of the cafe, the Matoki Cafe to be exact. 

 

  He had asked me where I wanted to eat and what I wanted; and so, since it's near and cheap - I choose one of my favorite place in the world. 

 

  "You know, I never saw this place before," he suddenly said as he looked back at me. "Not until you showed it to me," 

 

  "I-uhh-I'm glad," I said, a little unsure and confused if it was something I should be proud of. 

 

  Another minute passed with silence between us, and it was a little awkward I tell you. I couldn't look in his eyes, and I couldn't bring myself to utter a single word to fire up a conversation too. 

 

  "Sunhee," he said, grabbing my attention. I turned to him and mumbled my reply. "I find it strange how you use honorifics, but you don't call me 'oppa' or even 'gege'," he chuckled after and shook his head as he leaned back on the cushioned chair. 

 

   "Eh?" I titled my head to the side and looked at him curiously. "You . . . .I-no . . . you're so random, Yixing!" I burst into laughter and looked at him amusingly. 

 

    He laughed along with me, his eyes turning into crescent moons as he did. "But, you see? You just call me Yixing," 

 

    "You-you don't like-"

 

    "I'm fine by it, but . . ." he rubbed the back of his head in a nervous and awkward way as he looked down. "It's just that . . . I've never been called Yixing-Yixing . . . Yxing . . op-opa,

 

    This time, I didn't hesitate to really laugh. I couldn't help it, I just couldn't. What he said was weird, funny and cute at the same time. 

 

   "If you want me too . . . I-I don't really think I can," I admitted shyly as I shook my head. 

 

     "Why not?" 

   

   I couldn't answer him right away, because right then, the waitress came with our order: Chocolate muffin and cappuccino for the two of us.  

 

   I was a little relief when Yixing said he liked the muffin and the drink, because then I might've of been a little embarrassed when he didn't like it. 

 
    "Sunhee, why can't you call me o-" 
 
     "I don't really want to," I bit my lower lip and shrugged earnestly at him. "I've never called anyone that before, see and I think I'll be embarrassed if I-err-if I call you that. . ." 
 
     "You haven't even tried it yet," he said after he chewed his food and swallowed it. "And why would you be embarrassed, Sunhee?" 
 
     "It's just-I'm not really-I-I-uhh-" I stopped myself and just sighed as I dropped my hands on the table. "Can we just drop this topic, jebal?" 
 
      Yixing chuckled, but he nodded. "Fine, fine," he said. "But, Sunhee," he was looking down at his drink, turning his straw around it as his eyes were glued on the mug. "Is this . . . a-a date?" at the last word, he looked up and I could really see his eyes were wondering. 
 
      I could feel myself blushing as I flickered my eyes away from his stare. "I-umm," I was actually panicking inside my head, or more like fangirling because of that simple question. "If you-err, I didn't really think of it that way actually . . . but, if you-uhh, if you want to think of it as-as that . . . then," I shrugged before clearing my throat. 
 
      I heard him snort and when I looked up, a sly smirk was his answer.