Twelve - 12

Wishes Can Come True
chapter twelve;

{Sunhee}

Walking the school halls felt kind of weird. Usually, nobody paid me any attention and they wouldn't even look at me twice when they see me. Only Kyungmin and maybe even Eunjae would actually see me and give me second glances. But today, right now, it was different. I was walking towards my locker and I noticed all the girls around the area and even some of the boys were looking at me. I tried to shrug it off, thinking maybe they'll just turn their heads away from me any minute now. Only, they didn't. They continued to stare after me. I could feel their eyes at the back of my head, I could feel them staring behind me. If it was just a few people, I would just brush it off and pretend nothing was going on. 

This was different though, I'm not even exaggerating when I say that everyone's eyes were on me as I headed for my locker. And it was a good thing that I didn't wear my glasses today, since I received my contacts early. If I was wearing my glasses, I wouldn't of been too confident walking down the hallway while all eyes were on me, in a bad way of course.

I sighed and opened my locker door. While I was exchanging my books from my bag to my locker, someone cleared their throat. I didn't see them, or meet them until I closed my locker door. I turned my head to the side and found myself face to face with an unfamiliar looking girl. Two other girls were behind her. 

"Ne?" I said, raising an eyebrow. "What do you-"

"Are you by any chance . . going out with Chen oppa?" she asked me shyly. She didn't look at me in the eye, she was looking down. "Some girls saw you and him together yesterday after school. And-and I . . . we wanted to know the rumors are true." 

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes, so instead, I sighed and closed them for a while before opening them and answering back to her. "Aniyo, I'm not, he and I aren't dating, arasso? We're just fr-"I stopped myself, I can't really call him a chingu yet. I pursed my lips and sighed again. "We're partners in History class and we went to an internet cafe together to research for our assignment. That's all," I said, finality in my tone. 

The girl looked behind to her chingus and they smiled hopefully. She turned back at me and gave me a shy smile. "I have to be honest, unnie, you . . . you and Chen oppa actually look good together." 

I was a completely surprised by what she said. My eyes widened and my mouth was agape and was forming a small 'O'. "I-uh, I-I-" nothing came out when I tried to speak. 

The girl merely smiled more and bowed at me. "Annyeong geuligo, gamasahabnida." she shyly walked away, the other two girls bowed at me too and muttered the same things. 

I shook my head and tried to forget about what she had said. Oh, great. This can't be happening right now. People actually think Jongdae and I look good together? They actually think we're dating? 

I groaned and leaned against the lockers. "Omo," I mumbled and sighed through grounded teeth. 

I didn't notice Kyungmin running towards me until she actually bumped onto me. She held me steady by the shoulders as I stumbled. "What's-" 

"Have you heard?" 

 

 

{Jongdae}    

"Chen!" 

At the mention of my nickname, I closed my locker door and saw Kris, Xiumin and Lay walking towards me. 

"Annyeo-" 

"One date and she's your girlfriend, it took you that long?" Xiumin asked palyfully. 

I looked at him and then at a smirking Kris and an anticipated Lay. I raised an eyebrow and bring my palms up. "Wait, wait. Mwoya? What are you talking about?" I asked,  completely confused. "What da-Oh," when I saw the knowing look on their faces, I nodded slowly, also knowing whom and what they were referring too now. 

I then quickly shook my head and scowled at the three of them. "I told you; it's not a date. And she's not my girlfriend," I mumbled the last part sheepishly. I don't know why the heat was beginning to rise up to my cheeks. 

"Ah, jinjja​?" Lay asked. He somehow looked surprised in a sincere way. "So, how come we've been hearing people talking about you and her this morning, right, Kris? Xiumin?" 

They nodded and I tilt my head to the side. "What do you mean?" 

We started walking, heading for the second floor staircase. The four of us had our first periods there every week. And as we were walking, the boys told me about what happened between Sunhee and I yesterday.

Apparently, some girls had saw us and thought we were going on a date. And then they concluded that we were already dating. Oh, seriously? People can be so judgemental and straight-forward these days that it can be bad thing now. 

"Andwae!" I say and stop at the first landing of the stairs. Students were going up and down, so the boys and I moved to the corner. In a hushed tone, I started explaining to them. 

"Sunhee, the girl I was with, she and I are just chingus, arasso?" I say pointedly to Xiumin, he is one cheeky hyung and he tends to tease us most of the time so I want to make it really clear to him. 

He chuckled and nodded. "Yeah, fine, fine." he said. "But, you know I . . . "

Xiumin hyung's voice was droned out of my mind as I saw Sunhee walking up the stairs with her friend. The first thing I noticed about her was that she wasn't wearing her glasses today and she had her hair tied up, exposing her cheeks and face. 

"Yah! Kim Jongdae!" 

I blinked a few times and dropped my head to look at the ground. Lay pushed me slightly. "What's wrong, Chen?" he asked. 

I shook my head and when I looked up, I saw Sunhee already climbing up the steps with her friend along some other students. They didn't seem to notice us. "Sunhee-ah!" I blurt out. I didn't even process what I was about to say in my mind yet. 

She turned back, startled, and her eyes widened when she saw me. "Ah, J-Jo-"

"Annyeong," I say and smile at her. Even though there were a few people passing by, going up the stairs, at that moment, it was just her and I along with our 'buddies'. 

Her friend squeals and looks at her with a huge smile. Her eyes looked down, but then they stared back at me, she smiled nervously. "An-Anyeong," she bowed before she pulled her friend with her and run the remaining last steps and turned around, out of our sight. 

"Ah, that was her?" Xiumin pushed me by the shoulders, he had a big grin on but then he shrugged it off. "She's cute, yeah, but-"

"She's alright," Kris said. "I know her, she's pretty smart. I share Mathematics together with her, but I swear, she wears glasses," he says, confusion in his voice.

"She does," I answer. The four of us walk up the steps when we heard the warning bell ring. Lay, beside me was quiet, even morequeit than usual. But, when I asked him about it, he replied with a simple 'Gwaenchanh-a'. 

"Just so you know, she has my vote," Xiumin said playfully when we had to part ways. 

I let him go with a comment this time and just rolled my eyes. "Whatever," I mumbled and head to Physics with Kris, while thinking about how clear Sunhee's brown eyes looked without her glasses.