Thirty Two - 32

Wishes Can Come True
chapter thirty-two;

{S u n h e e }

I couldn't believe it, I couldn't really take it in. I was still a little bit shocked by what Jongdae had told me. 

He liked me. More than friend. When I meant by getting closer with him, I didn't mean that kind of close. 

Jongdae is more like a childish boy, a funny friend that I have always treasured.  I can't see him as something more. 

Sure, he's handsome, funny and good to me - but I just don't find myself attracted to Kim Jongdae. I like Yixing, it's always been Yixing. Jongdae is just a friend. He's just someone I missed, and even love - but not to the point where I develop the same feelings he has for me. 

He likes you back, Jongdae had said. 

Yixing, it's him. Not Jongdae. I don't want to sound bad or mean or anything, but that's what I feel. He's my choice, and my wish. I wished for him on that fountain, and it came true in ways I never expected. 

I've come this far with him, I can't turn back now and rethink my feelings. I've settled them and I'm sure of it - I like Yixing, not Jongdae. 

 

{ C h e n/J o n g d a e }

I've embarrassed myself. I made a fool out of myself. Gosh, why?! I'm so stupid to even confess to her. Why? Why? Why?!

A placed my head against my locker and sighed heavily, making some of the people look at me weirdly. But, right now, I didn't care. Let them look at me - me, who has been dumped and rejected. Techinically. 

"Ugh, jinjja?!" I hissed to myself. "Urgh, jin-urgh!" I was so frustrated and angry right now. But at who? Certainly not Sunhee, she didn't do anything wrong. Her heart was set and so is mine, but she asked me to supress my feelings. How cna I do thast exactly? 

"Ne, I like her," I groaned when I remembered what Lay had said to me yesterday. Why? Why did it have to happen to me? 

-

"What's wrong, Chen?" Lay had asked me when I told him I wanted to see him in the courtyard, under the huge cherry blossom tree. 

I had called Lay because I wanted to talk to him about something. I've noticed how he's been acting the past few days, ever since last Saturday when we spent time with Sunhee. So, I got curious. 

"Hyung, do you like someone right now? Are you like . . . I don't know, in love maybe?" I asked, getting straight to the point already. 

I swore, I saw him blush just before he turned his head away from me. Yes, I swore he was blushing. "What made you . . . say that, Jongdae?" 

I sighed, already knowing the truth before even hearing it from him. I was right all along. "You like her, don't you, hyung?" 

"Who?" he faced me. 

"Don't act dumb, you know who," I didn't know why, but my blood boiled at the thought of him liking Sunhee, my own best friend since childhood. 

Lay sighed and his gaze dropped to the ground. "I take it. . . you like her too, Chen Chen?" 

"Don't call me that, I told you not to call me that, hyung!" I was on the verge of shouting at him now. I was angry. Why? Because he liked Sunhee. I know, kind of stupid - but, hey, what if another person liked your crush? Liked your girl/boy? 

"But you never told me I wasn't allowed to admire Sunhee," he said softly, his eyes still not meeting mine. "She's not you'rs, you know. I have a right to have a crush on her, too." 

"Not yet," I said. "She'll be mine. Besides, I knew her the longest. She and I grew up together, Lay-" 

"Chen," he cut me off with a sigh, making me raise my eyebrow up at him. "I don't want to be against you, and I don't want to break my friednship with you. Please, don't see it negatively." 

I didn't respond. He didn't say anything more to. The two of us stood in silence, a somewhat tense and awkward one. 

"How'd you know?" he asked after what seemed like an hour. He finally looked up at me, his brown eyes meeting mine. "That I like her," 

I couldn't help but twitch up a smile. A painful and faint one. I looked up at the cherry blossom tree, and for once, I recognized it's beauty. It's pink beauty. 

"I see the way you look at her," I said, my anger suddenly gone. "You normally don't smile that oten around girls. But, you smile all the time around her. You even laugh too, and you seem happy." I looked at him, and I could see how he was a little bit confused. Maybe because of how I knew. 

"How did-" 

"You're that obvious, hyung, and well," I shrugged. "That's how I am when I'm around her. I look like a fool, always smiling and laughing." 

He snorted and looked away. "We feel the same thing for her," he stated. 

"Obviously," I said. I turned around and sighed to myself. "Hyung, I hope you won't get in the way." I said, somewhat bitterly. 

Lay didn't say anything as I walked away from him. I didn't turn to look back at him, too.

Ever since this morning, I haven't seen Lay at all today. But, even though he did nothing to interfere with my confession - he still managed to get in my way. 

Sunhee liked him, I just knew it. I dobuted it, and I dreaded it for it to be true. But in the end, it was. 

Sunhee liked Lay, and Lay liked Sunhee. 

Sometimes, it's hard to make Sunhee change her desicions. Especially one that she made through her heart. 

 

 


Short, I know. Don't kill me.