Five - 5

Wishes Can Come True
chapter five;

 

Monday again, how dreadful and awful. I barely had enough sleep last night because I was studying for our test later in English. I had to study all seven chapters of the coverage Teacher Pyo gave to us. I wouldn't take my studying lightly when it came to him because he had some wicked 'special' punishments for those who failed his tests. 

"Annyeonghaseyo!" Kyungmin greeted cheerfully when I arrived at my locker. Despite the gloomy rainy weather outside, her face and aura was bright and beaming. 

I only smiled in return as I got my History book from my locker as well as my Science book. I sighed to myself. History. It was teh only subject Eun Jae and I shared together. And sadly, I had Histroy every Monday, Tuesday and Thursday. 

"Hm? What's wrong, eh, unnie?" she asked me, concern clear in her voice. 

I shook my head. "Nothing, nothing . . . I'm just worried about the test," I wasn't lying. I really was worried about it. I had already re-read all the chapters thrice and I'm still not sure if that was enough. 

"Ah, don't worry about it!" Kyungmin patted my back reassuringly and smiled. "I'm sure you'll get a high score. I mean, don't you always, unnie

I smiled and pushed my glasses back up to the bridge of my nose. "Thanks for the encouragement, Kyung," 

Kyungmin and I linked arms and headed for the auditorium for the morning assembly. Every Monday we had assemblies for the principal to just remind us of things and sometimes make special announcements. I don't even bother to listen to the assemblies, but being a good student, I had to. One by one, students filed in the auditorium doors and went through the center steps to find their seats. While I was squeezing past people, trying to get into the auditorium, I accidentally stepped on someone's foot. 

"Can't you watch where your going?" I sighed. That voice, that venomous hateful voice. It was too familiar to me to forget. 

"Mi-mianhae, Eunjae," I apologized and bowed my sorry. She just glared at me and said nothing as she continued to walk ahead, chin up high.

Beside me, Kyungmin snorted. "Why do you even say sorry to her, unnie?" she scoffed and glared at the back of Eunjae's head as she walked away. 

"Aniyo," I placed my hand on her shoulder and smiled. "Let's just go," I told her before we continued on finding for empty seats. 

We found two, beside some 10th grader girls. Not really caring about it, we plopped down on the two empty seats. It was a while before our principal, a strict-looking middle-age woman who goes by the name of 'Park Dok Hwi'. Like usual, not even half of the students were paying any attention. How can we not be bored by that monotone voice of her's? You can't really blame us. 

". . . and good morning to you all. You may now go to your first class," she said through the microphone. 

Almost immediately and right on cue, the students stood up from their seats and made their way back to the doors. Kyungmin and I waited for a little while before standing up from our seats and joining the sea of people. 

"Yah! Hey!" she yelled after two young-looking boys as they pushed past her, making her stumble onto me and over-all making me trip. The two boys just snickered at each other before running up the steps. "Tch. Kids these days," she rolled her eyes while I laughed. 

When we finally reached the auditorium door, Kyungmin and I immediately went through it. But, since I wasn't where I was going, I tripped over something and my face almost met with the floor. 

But, then, soft hands grabbed my arms. At first, I thought it was Kyungmin, but when I stood up and steadied myself, I found myself staring into not-so familiar looking brown eyes.

Kyungmin was just right behind the guy, her eyes were wide as she stared at his back. I couldn't blame her though. This was a kingka, a boy who didn't really ineract with girls that much. 

"Are you okay?" he asked, he looked really concerned and he even sounded concern. "Mianhae, it was my foot you tripped on," 

I shook my head and forced up a smile. I slipped my wrists away from his grasp as he continued to look at me with that concerned look on. "An-aniyo, Jongdae, I-I'm fine." I reassured him. 

He smiled. "I-" he was cut off by someone calling his nickname. 

"Chen!" the two of us looked back and there they were, the supreme group of kingka flower boys. It was Wu Fan who called him. He cocked his head to the side as he beckoned him forward. "Come on!" 

I saw Yixing, just beside Wu Fan. He looked at the two of us curiously and I swore, I would of melt of embarrassment. Did he see me trip? Omo

He smiled at me and bowed. "I have to go, annyeong . . " his voice trailed off as he knitted his eyebrows. "Ah," he cleared his throat and waved at me before rejoining his friends. 

I heard Minseok asking him what was that about, but I didn't hear Jongdae's reply. Kyungmin walked over to me and waved a hand in front of my face. "Whoa, that was so daebak!"

I blinked and looked weirdly at her. "Huh? How was it?" 

"He actually apologized to you! And he even helped you up!" she shrieked as we walked towards Teacher Pyo's classroom. "They're aren't like that and you know it. Consider yourself lucky, Sunhee! Ah! I'm so jealous! Even if it wasn't Luhan, I would still go for Chen!" 

Kyungmin talked on and on about what just happened. But my mind was on something else; the way Jongdae trailed off his voice. The way he looked like he was thinking. Did he really forget my name or something?