Twenty - 20

Wishes Can Come True

        {Sunhee}

 

       The next morning, when I saw Kyungmin waiting by my locker, I did not hesitate in telling her about last Wednesday and yesterday. She also didn't hesitate to tell me about how sorry she was for not texting and calling back to me. 

 

    "Eomma wouldn't let me use my phone, jeongmal mian haeyo, unnie!" she had said. 

 

   I told her everything was okay and after that I said; "Someone had been my friend for the last two days," I told her cheekily. 

 

   Kyungmin wouldn't stop bugging me for the rest of the day and she insisted on about telling her every single detail of what happened with me and Jongdae. 

 

  So, during P.E. time, I told her everything I needed to as the boys played basketball in the court while Coach Go watched them with those eagle like eyes of his. 

 

  "Ahh!" Kyungmin shrieked and smiled wide at me. "He's so sweet, unnie!" 

 

   I laughed and nodded, agreeing with her. "Yeah, he is," 

 

  "Omo, don't tell me you have a crush on him!" she said, her eyes twinkling mischievously as she grinned at me. "What about Lay, hm?" 

 

   "Yah," I pushed her lightly by her shoulders and shook my head. "I just said he's sweet and he's kind. I didn't say or imply that I actually like like him," I said to her, giving her a 'of course not' kind of look. "I like Jongdae as a friend, Yixing is different," 

 

    "How is he different? And you barely even know him," she pointed out. "All you know is that he dances well and he plays the piano and the guitar, but his personality? His attitude? You don't know who he really is," 

 

    I looked at her curiously as I titled my head to the side. "Why are you bringing this up right now? Why are you asking me those, Minnie?" 

 

    Kyungmin sighed and scooted closer to me. "Because, unnie, as for Chen; you've known him for more than half of your life. You know facts about him that others don't - little things that you've noticed." 

 

    "What exactly are you trying to say?" I said after I pursed my lips and looked away from her. 

 

   "I think you should go for a guy who likes you already rather than someone who you know won't say five sentences to you in the next eight months," she said knowingly as she gave me a look that I couldn't read. 

 

   "Mwoya?" Curiosity changed into disbelief as I continued to look at her. "Why are you like this all of a sudden, Kyungmin? Are you saying that I should go for him? For Jongdae?" 

 

    "That's exactly what I'm saying," Kyungmin said and shrugged. I threw my head back a little and raised an eyebrow at her. "It seems to me that Chen really likes you. I mean, why would he spend time with you? Why would he want to eat lunch with you?" 

 

   "I don't know, because we're like . . .chingus?!" I said in a 'duh' voice. 

 

  "Aniyo, because he likes you, pabo," she smacked my head lightly to the side. "Are you that blind, Sunhee? Do you see his smile when he's with you? Because I sure did," 

 

  "Kyungmin, stop," I said in a serious, deep tone. "Jongdae just likes me as a friend, and I just know it. I like Yixing, I've always liked him since two years ago and I doubt that will change until we graduate. I don't care if I don't get to talk to him that much - seeing him is already okay for me and as long as we shared even just one class together, that's okay for me too." 

 

   She pursed her lips and looked down in thought. She and I didn't say anything, we were just quiet. We were the only ones who weren't saying anything as our classmates were cheering on for the boys. 

 

  Kyungmin sighed and before she could say anything, Coach Go's whistle blew. "Alright, girls! Prepare for a volleyball match. Same teams as yesterday," 

 

   I stood up and tapped Kyungmin's shoulder lightly. "Come on, we're on the same team," I said, because she was absent yesterday. 

 

  She too stood up and the two of us walked to the sides, waiting for the boys to score and end their game. 

 

   "What are you going to get him?" Kyungmin abruptly said. 

 

  When I glanced at her, she wasn't looking at me - she had her eyes glued to the boys. I know what she was talking about, I knew what she meant. 

 

  "Nado molla," I admitted as I sighed. "I'm not even sure if I will give him something," 

 

  "You should at least greet him tomorrow," 

 

   "How did you know?" 

 

  Kyungmin shrugged. "I heard a couple of girls talking about this surprise party for him tomorrow. Is it true? His birthday is tomorrow?" she said, finally turning to look at me. 

 

  I nodded. "Yup, it is," 

 

   ___________________

 

I'm updating for the sake of updating right now. 

I'm sorry it's so short!

I'm going to be busy in the next few days, so yeah. :/