Seven - 7

Wishes Can Come True
chapter seven;

 

Once we were done with checking each other's books, we exchanged them back to our seats mates and kept our own. 

We still had less than twenty-five minutes until the bell would ring, signaling the end of class and the teacher was already letting us keep our books. This meant two things; it's either free time, where we can do anything we wanted and as much as possible, be quiet. 

Or, we were in for another lecture on a new chapter. 

I may like school and learning, but I'd rather have free time than move on to the next chapter and learn a new lesson. 

But, surprisingly, Teacher Min didn't do any of those. She announced that we would be doing a special homework that would require a partner. 

Almost immediately after she had said that, some of my classmates had pointed to their friends and murmured to their seat mates that they could be partners, but Teacher Min hushed them up. 

"You will be doing this with partners that I have already picked," she said, making almost everybody groan in complaint. "Ne, ne. Now, let me continue. You will research and pick ahead of time historical and tourist-favorite places in Korea. This is due in Thursday," 

Hm . . . My mind already thought of one special place. A beautiful place that I always dreamed of going. Even though it's not really a historical site, it still is a tourist-attraction. 

Teacher Min was already starting to call-off names in her paper. All the while as she said a different name than mine, I was just hoping, wishing and even praying that I won't get partnered with Eunjae. 

Yet, something told me that if we were partners, I might have a chance to fix this whole thing. Of course, if I had the guts to even talk to her about it. 

"Lee Eunjae and-"My heart stopped, my breath was caught in my throat in anticipation. "Jung Sora," 

I breathed a sigh of relief. But, around me, the female students seemed to be in anticipation of something. I looked at Sora, she was at my left and saw her disappointed face. 

She said something along the lines of 'I wanted to be with Chen' to her friend in front of her, and her friend said the same thing and they both sighed dramatically. 

I looked back at Teacher Min, listening as she called name after name. I was less nervous now since Eunjae was already called. I wouldn't mind anybody at this point actually, I just wished I was partnered with someone who was cooperative. 

"Kim Jongdae," I heard squeals and murmurs of 'oh my gosh' and 'they would be so lucky' as Teacher Min called Jongdae's name out. "And Cha Sunhee," 

The girls who weren't called yet sighed in defeat and disappointment while the ones who already had partners looked at me, some with dreamy and hopeful eyes while others with hateful glares. 

Oh, this is just great! "Mwoya?" I blurt out, surprise clearly in my tone and voice. 

I saw Eunjae snickered and rolled her eyes at my burst of reaction. The other students also snickered and some of them held back laughter. But Teacher Min was anything but amused by my reaction. 

She raised an intimidating eyebrow, making my insides churn in a bad way. "Any complaints, Ms. Cha? Hm?" 

"Aniyo, seonsaengnim," I shook my head vigorously and bowed in my seat. "Mianhaeyo,

When Teacher Min looked satisfied, she continued on calling off the other students and there partners. I didn't dare look around or behind me, fearing of hateful and jealous eyes would meet mine. 

I continued to stare down at my desk, ignoring all the girl's that said 'you're so lucky' or something along the lines of that. 

Teacher Min had just finished calling off the pairings and now, she asked us to sit with our partners and decide on what place or site to research on."You only have a little over ten minutes to discuss and decide. Write your chosen place in a paper and pass it to me when the bell rings," she instructed us. 

Chairs were being pushed back as students went to their partners. I only stayed in my place for a little while before sighing. Sunhee, this is only Kim Jongdae - your ex-neighbor. It's not Eunjae, I thought to myself to calm me down. 

With one more sigh I turned around but I already saw my partner sitting at the seat behind me. I took a sharp breathe of shock as I saw him, smiling back at me and waving. 

"Sunhee, right?" Jongdae said, I merely nodded. Yeah, now he knows and remembers my name. "Jongdae," he held out his hand expecting me to shake it. 

I looked down at it and shook my head. "No need for that, Jongdae. I already know you. We were neighbors for ten years, remember?" I didn't mean to sound rude or anything, but I couldn't help myself by giving an extra hard edge in my tone. 

But Jongdae was unfazed by it. He just smiled more. "Ah, you remember that?" he dropped his hand on placed it on the table. Tch, of course I do. "We were also classmates since middle school, up to now, right?" 

I actually cracked a smile. "NeIt's nice to finally talk to you again after all these years," I said, this time, my tone was kinder and nicer. 

"Same to you, Sunhee," he grinned and I have to admit, I now kind of now why they called Jongdae an 'Angel'. His smile was so angelic, his facial features were angelic and his voice was also angelic, I just wonder if his personality is the same. 

I smiled wider this time. But, then, I overheard someone murmuring 'I think they like each other', I looked at the source of the voice. My eyes landed on three girls and one boy, huddled together in the other side of the classroom, looking at us but they quickly turned away and fixated their gaze on something else when I turned to look at them. 

"Don't mind them," Jongdae told me, making my attention go back to him. He gave me a small smile. "You'll get used to it," 

"Eh?" I raised an eyebrow. "What makes you say that?" 

"We're partners of course," he said as if it was the obvious thing in the world right now. "That measn we'll be spending more time together," 

"But, only until Thursday," I reminded him. 

Jongdae shrugged and just gave me a playful smirk. If I was actually one of their fangirls or if I had a crush on him, my heart would of stopped and my breathing would stop too. But, I'm all eyes for Yixing. 

"Anyways," he said and cleared his throat. "We just wasted five minutes of our time," he laughed and his laughter sounded good, it was like a melody. "I hope you have any ideas on what to research for our paper," 

"Oh, don't worry, I do actually," I told him the place I've been thinking of for a while. It was weird talking to him, because it felt like the last eight years of silence from each other never happened before. 

He was so easy-going and so laid back when he was talking to me. It felt like I was talking to a close friend. 

All the while as we talked to each other but our reaserch paper, I can't help thinking about how envious and excited Kyungmin would be if I told her that I actually had a ten-minute conversation with Kim Jong Dae, one of the kingkas.