Six - 6

Wishes Can Come True
chapter six;

 

Tick, tock, tick, tock. I could actually hear the mechanism of the clock through the silence. The clock ticking, pencils scribbling, Teacher Pyo's sharp breathing and my own heart beating were the only things I could hear.  

9:28. Just two more minutes until my next class; History. At that thought, I was nervous and scared. I would be stuck in classroom C-5 for 50 minutes with Eunjae. And even though she sits three seats in front of me, just in the front row, she never fails to make me intimidated in a way. 

I sighed to myself as I turned my head to look at Yixing. Of course, he was there in his seat, his head was bent down low as his hands moved and held on to his pencil. By the way he looked, he must be having a difficult time. 

I hope he's doing okay, I thought to myself as my eyes left him and moved on to Kyungmin. She was no better though. Her eyes were squinted and her eyebrows were knitted together, she was even biting her thumb as she answered. 

I tore my eyes away from her and also prayed that she'll do fine. I'm already finished with my test, but I can't go yet since my other classmates aren't done with their's. 

I looked out the window. The clouds weren't as heavy and dark like this morning, they seemed to be parting way for the sun. 

I looked down at the cherry blossom tree and smiled to myself. I'm looking forward for eating there later. 

Right then, the horrible sound of the school bell rang through the entire classroom. Groans, sighs of relief and complaints were immediately released as the bell rang. 

"Pass your papers now, form a line," Teacher Pyo shouted through all the ruckus. 

Without hesitation, I shot up from my seat, grabbed my bag from the floor and walked over to his desk in the front. I gave him my test paper and backpacked my bag as I headed out of his classroom. 

I waited for Kyungmin to come out and when I was standing by the side, Yixing and Minseok came out together, a few girls were following them three feet away. 

I bent my head down as they passed me. After what happened earlier in the morning, I might die out of embarrassment if they ask me about it. But, I kind of regret not looking Yixing, I wanted to see his handsome face up close. 

I looked at them, walking away. They seemed to be oblivious that there were girls following them. 

"Sunhee!" 

Kyungmin caught me by surprise and I clutch my heart as she shouted at me cheerfully. She just laughed at my reaction and pulled me with her. 

"Yah! Don't-don't do that again!" I scolded her. 

She just laughed and nodded. "Anyways, how was the test? You found it easy?" 

"Ne. Actually, it surprised me because I thought Teacher Pyo would make it really difficult," 

"Ah! Good for you, unnie!" she stomped her foot and frowned. "I left three questions blank and I think i completely messed up the essay!"

I smiled at her. "It's going to be alright," I reassured her. "You're not that dumb, Kyungmin," 

"Oh, gee, I'll take that as encouragement," she said, sarcasm clear in her voice. 

I rolled my eyes. "It is encouragement," I told her. 

When we reached the staircase, that was when we parted ways. She had her next class in the first floor while I was going up to the third. 

"I'll see you later, meet me in the cafeteria?" Kyungmin asked as she stepped on the first step of the stairs. 

"Minnie, I told you I don't wan to eat there," I sighed. "Can we please just eat at the courtyard?" 

The look on her face is disappointment and I scolded myself. "Look, never mind, I can eat alone outside, you can eat lunch in the cafeteria for today, okay? It's really fine by me," 

"Aniyo, unnie," she shook her head. "I can-"I stopped her with a look. I wasn't going to force her to eat outside with me again, I'm not going to drag her out of the cold with me just because I was afraid of Eunjae's bullying. 

The bell rings but not for more than a minute, it was signaling we had three minutes to get to class. 

"Look, Kyungmin, you can eat inside, you don't have to go with me today. I'm totally fine with it, arasso?" I told her, giving her a soft and gentle look. "I have to go now, I'll just see in you Language class," 

Before she could respond I trotted up the steps. "You better go if you don't want to be late!" I said loudly to her when I saw she didn't move a single step yet. 

I headed to our History teacher's classroom, Teacher Min, classroom C-5, the second to the last classroom in the far end of the hallway. 

When I entered the classroom, I bowed at her and took my usual seat in the third row. As I was headed for my seat, Eunjae pulled out her leg expecting me to trip on it. I sighed and crossed over her leg and glance at her. 

She was talking with her friends beside her, I shook my head and continued on. When I sat down on my usual seat, Teacher Min cleared and ordered the class to 'stay seated' and 'keep quiet'. 

"Place your books on the table and answer the activity we didn't finish last week," she said, before she continued on, she let us grab our textbooks first. "Pages 102 to 104, I will give you only twenty minutes," she took her seat in the front and crossed her arms on top of her table as she stared at us. 

I looked down on my textbook. I only had to answer page 104. Not wasting anymore time, I grabbed my pencil from my pencil case and started answering. 

Just like in Teacher Pyo's class, everybody is silent and the only I could hear was pencils scribbling, the wall clock ticking and my own breathing. 

A little while later, I heard someone humming. I was finished anyway, so I listened to that person humming more. When I looked back, because the direction of the humming seemed to coming behind me, I saw Jongdae, sitting at my southeast.

He was bobbing his head as he answered his textbook. His lips were pursed as he hummed. It was a familiar tune, and I realized it was one of my favorite songs as he hummed the chorus. 

I smiled to myself and looked ahead of me, staring at the hair of one of my classmates. So, he liked local K-pop music too, huh? Hm, interesting. 

Suddenly, Teacher Min stood up from her chair and cleared . "Time's up! Stop writing and exchange books. Column one, with two and then three with four. We'll check your books now,"