Twenty Five - 25

Wishes Can Come True

     {Sunhee}

 

          I woke up just three minutes before my alarm set off. Feeling a little proud, I got off of my bed and headed straight for the bathroom. 

 

    Jongdae had texted me last night that we would meet at 10 a.m., it was already 8:42 when I woke up. 

 

    I have to admit, I was feeling a little excited. Hanging out with Jongdae was what I exactly wanted and needed to let our friendship be repaired again. 

 

    I had one thing in mind for today; make the most of my time with Jongdae. 

 

   He was the kind of friend everyone wanted to have. He was and maybe still is thoughtful, funny, trustworthy, honest - he basically had all the qualities of a perfect friend. 

 

   And I want him back, as greedy and as selfish as that may sound. But trust me, keeping him for myself is absolutely not what I want. 

 

   It's also not like I'm not contented with Kyungmin or anything. She understands that I want my old friend back and I'm glad she doesn't make a fuss about it. 

 

   My moods were bright and it seemed to me like today was going to be a perfect day, I just knew it and nothing could stop me from having fun today. 

 

   But, there was one thing I remembered that made my mood a little dim. 

 

   I sighed to myself and shook my head as I went down the stairs, hopefully shaking the thoughts away too. 

 

    Today, I want to just hang out with my good friend. That was all. 

 

_________________________________

 

       {Jongdae/Chen}

 

       I looked at myself through the mirror as I gelled the front part of my hair up. I wanted to look good, and it was only for today. 

 

  And besides, Sunhee liked boys that had shark-like hairstyles. A fact that never left my head. 

 

  I exhaled and adjusted my jacket before taking one last look at myself. After that, I went out of my room and trotted down the stairs. 

 

  "I'll be back at 5, ahjumma," I said to the old maid, Mei, and she nodded in reply. 

 

  Already feeling excited and happy, I opened the front door wide. But, I almost bumped straight onto two of my closest friends. 

 

  "Woah! We were just about to ring the doorbell, Chen," Xiumin said as he lowered his hand and looked at me from head to toe with his round eyes. "Where are you going, hm?" 

 

  "Wha-? What are you guys doing here?!" I asked them loudly, looking at Xiumin then at Lay. "I'm going out," I said and walked past them. 

 

  "Hey! That's no way to greet your friends!" Xiumin complained as they followed after me. 

 

   I groaned and looked back at them. Yup, they were following me. "Hi, Xiu! Hey, Xing xing! There, happy?" I shook my head to myself, heading for the front gates of the mansion. 

 

   "Ah! Yah! Kim Jongdae!" 

 

   I stopped on my tracks when Lay called me by my real and full name. I couldn't really just leave them here, so I turned around and faced them. "Mwoya? I told you, I'm going out." 

 

   "We'll come with you then," Xiumin said with a smile on his face. "It'll-" 

 

    "Huh? No way!" I strongly protested and vigorously shook my head. "There's is no way you're coming with me!" 

 

     "Hey! Chen, calm down, geez." Xiumin muttered and narrowed his eyes on me. "Waeyo? Where are you going?" 

 

      I narrowed my eyes too and looked away from him as I huffed. "None of your business, hyungs," I said roughly and turned my back on them, heading for the front gates again. 

 

    "Oh, Jongdae," a hand touched my shoulder and it as Lay's. Unlike Xiumin, his voice was softer and lighter. "Can we go with you, please? Luhan is away for his mother's birthday, Kris is away too with his family. Tao wasn't there at his house when we stopped by and asked his maid and she didn't know where he was," he explained. 

 

   "There's only you now, Chen. So please let us come with you," Lay said and dropped his hand off my shoulder as he smiled small. 

 

   "If you think just talking to me will change my mind, then aniyo," I shook my head. "It won't. You can't come," I continued walking again, but these two hyungs were persistent because they followed me all the way outside until I stopped after we had walked two blocks already. 

 

   "Chen, we're just going to follow you!" Xiumin said as they walked nearer to me. "Come on, it's no fun when it's just Lay and me, right Xing?" 

 

   Lay nodded and looked at me with fake sad eyes and he pouted. "Come on, Chen Chen, please? We're friends! Best friends! Where are you going, what's so important there that you can't even bring us along?" 

 

   His Korean was a little shaky, but I understood what he said. Sunhee, she's what's important right now, I thought to myself as I rolled my eyes. "Hyungs, you-"

 

   "Even if you won't let us, we still will, Chen, come on. We're your best friends, we can hang out with whoever your going with right now," Xiumin said and put his arm around my shoulder, making me furrow my eyebrows.

 

   Lay sighed, but he nodded. "He's right though. Who are you going with that you can't even let us come with you," 

 

   I groaned in defeat and dragged them along with me. There was no use, they were right. They were persistent hyungs, like I said and it was annoying sometimes. They're obviously stubborn too. 

 

   "Fine, fine, fine!" I actually shouted in public. I couldn't help it, I was clearly annoyed by them, but they had the courage to laugh at me even when I was like this. "But, I have to explain it to you two . . ." 

 

    "Sure!" Xiumin happily said and Lay nodded in reply. 

 

___________________

    {Sunhee}

 

        Today was another sunny day and I was glad, it made me happier and more excited. 

 

    It was already 10:04 a.m., but Jongdae had texted me he was already coming here right now. He also said something held him back and he'll explain it to me once we meet. 

 

   I wonder what though. 

 

  I blinked a few times and continued to stare at the scenery in front of me; the city of Seoul along the bank of the Han River. 

 

  It was even prettier during the day and when teh sun was actually shining. It was like the sky was smiling down at Seoul as the sun's rays hit it. 

 

  It was a perfect inspiration for a painting, but, I already had an idea in mind for the art piece I was going to submit for the art gallery Jongdae wanted me to join in. 

 

  I sighed to myself but then smiled after. 

 

 "Sunhee!" a voice called out, and no doubt it was Jongdae's.

 

  I smiled even wider as I turned to the direction of his voice, but it immediately dropped, I mean my smile, when I saw who he was with.

 

  It's not like I don't like them, I do! Especially the one smiling at me that's showing his dimple!

 

  "Uh-umm . . ." my throat suddenly went dry and my lips were partly open as I looked at the three boys, half of the almight kingka group, making my way. 

 

   Jongdae turned to Yixing and Minseok, probably telling them something before waking over to me alone with a nervous look on his face. "Ah, he he, hi, Sunhee. I-um-"

 

   "What-what are they doing here?" I asked after I gulped and glanced at them. Minseok actually waved at me when we locked eyes and that made me a little more nervous and uneasy. 

 

   "Uh, you-you don't want them here do you? Ah! I knew it!" he suddenly sounded irritated and annoyed. "I'm sorry, Sunhee, but they-"he pointed at the two boys behind him"-are just stubborn and they wouldn't take no' for an answer, but I can shoo them away-"

 

    I shook my head and grabbed his wrist as I stood up. It caught both of us by surprise. "A-aniyo, it's alright, Jongdae." I let go of his wrist and forced a smile on.

 

     This was fate doing it's work. "I mean, I was looking forward to only spending time with you, but they . . .  they can come with us if they want too," I wasn't lying, it was all true. 

 

    Jongdae seemed hesitant as he looked back at his two friends, who were busy admiring the Han River. He looked back to me and narrowed his eyes nervously. "Are-are you sure? I can shoo them away you know, if you want too." 

 

    "I just told you they can come along," I said, laughing a little. "It's really okay for me, Jongdae. It'll be more fun," 

 

  "But, won't you get uncomfortable? I know you don't like being around people you don't know," he said knowingly. 

 

   I smiled and nodded, he was right and I'm glad he had remembered that fact. "Yeah, but this way, I can challenge myself and get to . . . .expose myself?" I asked, not really sure. And I can hang out with Yixing too.  

 

   "Just see it as a challenge for me, Jongdae," I added and smiled. 

 

  Jongdae sighed and nodded. "Alright, okay, fine. Let's go then," he said and cocked his head to the other two kingka's direction. 

 

  I smiled back at Lay when he smiled at me, showing that oh-so-adorable dimple of his.

 

   "Hey!" Minseok said brightly and grinned at me. "You're Sunhee, right? You probably know who I am, you can call me Xiumin or Mandoo if you like," 

 

   I my lower lips and sighed. "Can . . . can I just call you Minseok?" I asked him. 

 

     "Uhh . . . um-" 

 

   "She likes to call people by their real names," Jongdae informed him. "Just let her and let's go, come on. Time is ticking you know," he tapped his wristwatch and looked pointedly at his two friends. 

 

    I laughed when Minseok made a face. He repeated senior year, but he did not look like a collage student at all. "Stop being so hasty, Chen," he grumbled, but when he faced me, he forced a smile on. "Sure, you can call me that." 

 

    I smiled and nodded twice before Jongdae walked ahead, the three of us following him. 

 

      "Where we headed to?" Yixing asked as he walked beside me, him on my right, while Minseok was on my left. "Your treat, Chen?" 

 

   Minseok snickered, but Jongdae scoffed. "Ha, no way. I'm only treating Sunhee because that was our deal. You hyungs will pay for your own," 

 

  "Fine then, grumpy pants," Minseok said childishly as he stuck his tongue out at Jongdae's back, making me laugh once more. 

 

   I glanced at Yixing and smiled to myself as I looked at Jongdae. Alright, let's see what fate has in store for me. 

 

____________________________________________________________________________

 

Large   Large     Large