Twenty Six - 26

Wishes Can Come True

      {Sunhee}

 

      "So, Sunhee . . . wow, you look different," Minseok said as he leaned over and took a good look at me. 

 

    "Uhh," I leaned my head back and laughed nervously as he leaned away. "What-what do you mean?" 

 

    "Hyung, don't-"

 

   "Tch," Minseok slapped Jongdae's arm away and glared at him. "Let me have a conversation with her, please?" he said and shook his head. 

 

   I actually laughed at him, and that made Minseok smile. "I knew you were that girl with those big eyeglasses from middle school, but you looked different." 

 

  "Oh? Well, gamsa . . . habnida?" I asked, not sure if it was a compliment. 

 

  "No problem!" he said happily with a big smile this time, his eyes turning to crescent moons as he did. 

 

  He was so cute, maybe even too cute! It was hard to believe that this guy was almost 21 and he was still a senior. Minseok showed off a great character so far and he was starting to get to me, making me want to be friends with him too. 

 

  "Hey, Sunhee, I hope you don't mind if we go to the arcade, there's one near this area," Jongdae said as he turned back to me again. 

 

  "Oh, it's okay," I said and nodded in agreement. "I can-"

 

  "An arcade?" Minseok said loudly, making all three of us and some passerbys, look at him. "You want to take a girl to the arcade, Kim Jongdae?" he said and pointed his thumb at me. 

 

  Yixing was threatening to laugh while as Jongdae looked at Minseok with a rather confused look. "What are you-" 

 

  "Gosh, you should take her to the park or something! Not some stuffy arcade! What is wrong with you? You have experience in dating, don't-" 

 

  "Alright," he said after he had covered Minseok's mouth with his hand, glaring at him as he did. "Hyung, that's enough. I'm not listening to you and you know it, come on. Let's go," he said, his hand still on his hyung's mouth as he continued walking. 

 

  And that left me with Yixing. "Uhh-"

 

  "Come on, Sunhee," he said and I immediately nodded and followed him. "Don't worry, they're always like that. They have this connection, since they're both Korean in our group.

 

  "I-I see . ." I looked at the two of them and smiled faintly as I saw that the two of them were both laughing now. 

 

  "So, where do you want to go?" 

  

   "Uh-Mwo-mwoya?" I looked at him and titled my head to the side in curiosity. 

 

  Yixing laughed and shook his head as he looked down. "Where do you want to go? Do you really want to go to the arcade?" he asked, looking straight at me now. 

 

   To avoid embarrassment and blushing, I instantly looked away and gave him a straight answer: "Ne, of course. Anywhere is fine by me." 

 

  "Hey, Xiumin, Sunhee's okay with the arcade. Let's just go there," Yixing said as we caught up to the two boys. 

 

  "We are going there," Jongdae said and let go of his head lock on Minseok. "And of course she's okay with it, I suggested the place." 

 

    "Oh, shut up, Jongdae," I said and stuck my tongue out at him. "It's not like that and you know it," 

 

  "I was only kidding," he said, laughing. 

 

  So, while we were walking, we laughed and talked with one another. I felt more comfortable with them, Yixing and Minseok, as time passed by. 

 

   Despite being 20, Minseok sometimes acted and he even looked like he was a child. He was really cute, no doubt and he had a bright personality. It made it easier for me to connect with him. 

 

      Yixing showed a funnier and fun-loving side of him and he made me smile from time to time with his jokes. I never knew he could be a guy full of humor and fun. 

 

      He was always the serious kind of boy, and he was focused on what really mattered, that was how I saw him. And now, seeing this lose side of him, made me even, if it was possible, fall harder for him; Yixing. 

 

____________________________

      {Jongdae/Chen}

 

     Xiumin groaned and lowered his head as Sunhee fist-pumped the air, happy that she had won again in Air Hockey. 

 

     She had already won over Lay and I, and now, this was her third win. I shook my head at the thought of it and crossed my arms as I laughed along with Lay. 

 

  "You owe me, Minseok," Sunhee said a little smugly, making me laugh more. "You owe me," 

 

  "Hmpf," Xiumin huffed and looked the other way. "Yeah, whatever," he mumbled. 

 

  "Don't be sour, Xiumin," Lay said as he patted the loser's  (literally) back, but he was grinning. "She won fair and square and you have to treat her, it's the least you can do, you know." 

 

  "Yeah," I agreed. Sunhee had paid for our tokens, she gave us six each and she had to buy two more for Xiumin. It's only right for him to treat her to lunch, even though I wanted to do that. 

 

    Xiumin grunted and groaned after Sunhee said some sarcastic comforting ords. "Fine, I will. But, I thought Chen will treat you today," 

 

  "That's fine, right, Jongdae?" she said and faced me with a smile, I smiled back and nodded. "See? Besides, the day's not even half over yet. It's still lunch," 

 

  "I'm aware of that," Xiumin retorted, making Lay whack his head. "Ouch! Ugh, let's just get out of here and eat." 

 

  "Couldn't agree with you more," Sunhee said with a grin. 

 

  I smiled to myself as we walked out of the arcade. Sunhee was getting comfortable around them now. She didn't stutter, blushed in embarrassment or even kept quiet. 

 

  It was nice to see her like this, so open and fun. She was the opposite of the younger Sunhee and I kind of liked it. I was kind of starting to like her now more and more. 

 

   "Where should we eat?" Xiumin asked as he looked back at Lay and I. 

 

  "There's this restaurant we used to go too . . . but," Lay scratched his head and furrowed his eyebrows like he was in deep thought. "I kind of forgot where it is," 

 

   Xiumin and I rolled my eyes. This forgetful boy. "What's the name?" 

 

  "I don't remember that too," 

 

  "Lay, you really have to work on your forgetfullness," Xiumin said and shook his head. "Never mind, we can go to my suggested restaurant-"

 

  "Hey! It was only suppose to be Sunhee and I today you know," I protested, and then there's Xiumin who sometimes thinks he's the boss just because he's older. "I think she and I should be the ones to choose," 

 

  "Oh, well then, mian hae . . . for ruining your date!" he bit back. 

 

  "This isn't a date," Sunhee said and looked pointedly at Xiumin. "Jongdae and I are just friends and this is merely a . . . hangout," 

 

  "Ye-yeah," I felt weird; my cheeks felt weird and tingly. 

 

   "Alright, fine, then where should we go then? And hurry up you two, I'm really hungry now," Xiumin complained. 

 

   "Don't worry," Sunhee laughed and placed a hand on his shoulder. "I'll lead you guys to this nice place, it's cheap but the food is delicious and I can get anything I want right, Minseok?" she asked smugly. 

 

  "Yeah, fine, whatever, let's go please!" 

 

  Sunhee lead us to the heart of Gangnam district, the center of all the fuss and commotion going around. It was more crowded than usual today and I didn't like it, I was just glad that we had finally arrived at the place she had told us about. 

 

  "This is it?" Xiumin asked as we entered. "Not bad," 

 

 He was right, it wasn't really bad, it was okay compared to the restaurants we had eaten at. This one was like a cafe and it was nice and simple in decorations. 

 

  We sat at the only four-seat table in the joint that was near the windows. I sat beside Sunhee, and Xiumin was across from me as Lay was across from her; Sunhee. 

 

  "Any suggestions to order, Sunnie?" Xiumin asked after he placed the menu down. 

 

  "What do you guys like? What kind of food?" she asked all three of us. "Meat, fish or-" 

 

  "Meat," Xiumin, Lay and I said enthusiastically, making all of us laugh and smile. 

 

  "Okay, alright then. I'll just order a group meal if you guys don't mind," Sunhee said as she raised her hand to grab the waiter's attention. 

 

  Sunhee took care of everything of what we ate and what drinks we paired it with.  As we waited for the order, we talked and shared some jokes like the usual, but we didn't get to do that long because five minutes later; our order was done. 

 

  "Whoa, that fast?" Xiumin said as he looked down at the food being served. "Gamsahabnida," he said to the waitress, before she scurried off.

 

  "Well, let's eat up now," Lay said and he didn't have to repeat that twice. 

 

     Just like everyone else, I grabbed my chopsticks eagerly and started piling my plate with food. 

__________________________

     {Jongdae/Chen}

 

     I liked my spoon clean and burped. "Excuse me," I said right after, making Sunhee roll her eyes. "Mwo-burp-ya?

 

   Xiumin and Lay laughed while Sunhee continued to eye me disgustingly. "Seriously, Jongdae? Ugh, so gross," she mumbled and looked away from me. 

 

  "Alright, where we headed to next?" Xiumin asked, changing the topic. 

 

 "Hey, you still didn't buy me dessert, Minseok," Sunhee said as she leaned on the table and raised an eyebrow at Minseok. 

 

   Minseok scoffed and shook his head before he smirked. Wait, I know that look in his eyes. No way, he isn't actually going to-

 

  "Aww, but," he leaned too, facing Sunhee with a mischievous glint in his eyes that didn't quite match that overly-used seductive smirk of his. "Jagi-" 

 

   Sunhee scoffed and leaned back as she narrowed her eyes on him. “That won’t work on me, you know. Now, come on, Minseok, you promised!”

 

    I held back laughter and Lay was grinning widely at the two of them. This was certainly a first, but of course, this was Sunhee – she was weird and special, this girl is.

 

    “I-uhh-“ Xiumin’s ears turned red as he leaned back and crossed his arms. “No way, I’m not buying you here, there desserts are expensive.”

 

     “Then can you buy me Tteok kkochi instead?” she said, smiling hopefully at him. “Only that, and there’s tteok kkochi all around Gangnam,”

 

     “Fine,” he said, he’s been saying that word a lot lately. Huh. “After I buy you, where are we going, then?”

 

    All three of us boys looked at Sunhee, waiting for her to answer. Over the years, we had learned to be gentlemen, even though our break-ups and even one night stands (In my defense, I’m the most innocent one in the group, it’s Kris who’s always doing that okay?) are anything but gentle.

 

     “Oh, you’re asking me?” Sunhee said, a little shock as she looked at us.

 

    “Obviously, Sunnie, so where to?”

 

    Sunhee looked up as she thought about it, and from the corner of my eye, I saw Lay smile straight at her, I was smiling too.

 

    She snapped her fingers, making me flinch a little. “There’s an amusement park a couple of blocks-“

 

    “We’re going to walk? Again?” Xiumin complained with a loud groan. “But-“

 

    “We can take the bus, oppa,” she said, using honorifics on him. I frowned; she calls him ‘oppa’? Why not me, I like being called that you know and Xiumin does too, so he smirked when she called him that.

 

    “So, what are we waiting for?” Lay asked as he stood up and rubbed his hands eagerly.

 

     “The bill, Yixing,” Xiumin said as he pulled him back down on his seat. I laughed along with Sunhee. “You forgot about the bill,”

 

     “Oh, right, mian,” he rubbed the back of his neck and shrugged like a little kid.

 

    So, after got the bill in the small restaurant, we headed out to the not-so-crowded streets of the district, finding for a vendor that sold the said street food that Sunhee liked. If we bought it, then we can head to this amusement park she spoke of.

 

____________________

A pretty short update because I'm starting school tomorrow and my mother needs the laptop. 

So, expect late updates in the next few weeks, guys!