Fourteen - 14

Wishes Can Come True
chapter fourteen;

 

Waiting for the teacher while everyone is whispering about you, talking about you behind your back, staring at you, glaring at you, looking at you in a bad way . . . 

I'm more than sure you would either cry, squirm or run out of the room screaming. But me, I did neither of that. At least, not outside. 

Inside, I was breaking. I was too self-concious. Everywhere I glance, all the pair of judging eyes I saw made my stomach churn. I wasn't use to this kind of negative attention. People never looked down on me, I tried my hardest to be friendly to everyone because I didn't want anybody hating on me. 

"Yah, Cha Sunhee!" 

I cringed and stopped doodling on my notebook. That icy, venomous voice, the voice I knew all-too well to forget. 

"I heard you and Chen were together yesterday, is that true?" Eunjae asks me, spatting every word and putting venom and danger on each one. 

I didn't dare look up, I continued to stare down at my half-finished doodle. I could see Eunjae's hand on my table, her five fingers all separated as she planted it there, just above my notebook. 

"Yah! You have a tongue, don't you? Answer me then," she said, I could hear, I could feel her getting impatient. 

I sighed, not wanting to cause anymore trouble, I answered back to her. But my reply wasn't the answer to any of her questions. "What do you want? Eunjae?" It took me a lot of strength and willpower to say those words. Every ounce of courage to just actually say that and have an edge to it. 

I heard her snort and the people around me; their hushed whispers grew louder. "I just want the truth," 

The truth? What truth? I sighed. "What do . . . what do you mean?" I asked in a whisper, but it was loud enough for her to hear. 

"Everybody knows that you-"

"Why are you not in your seats yet? Hm?" Teacher Min's voice said loudly, enough for all of us in the classroom to hear and be startled. 

I glance at the door. She was there, looking pointedly at Eunjae, her eyebrows raised in an intimidating manner. And behind her . . . behind her was Jongdae.

"Go back to your seat, Lee Eunjae," she said. 

"Ne, seonsaengnim," Eunjae said, but this time, her voice was light and soft. Unlike the one she uses with me. 

I looked up front, where Teacher Min was busy preparing for our lesson when someone poked me in the shoulders. 

I looked up to see who it was, and surprise-surprise. "Hey," Jongdae said before walking back to his seat. 

Not wanting to be rude, I smiled in reply. He smiled back. We said nothing, we didn't glance at each other after that. And I want it to stay like that until the end of class. 

 

 

"Sunnie!" 

I sighed and cursed in my mind. "Oh, gosh, please don't-just-" 

"Sunhee-ah," I felt a hand on my shoulder and I closed my eyes as I stopped walking. "Yah! Are you avoiding me?" 

I turn around and smiled in a nervous kind of way. He was looking at me, his brows knitted together as his forehead creased as he looked at me, worry and curiosity visible on his face. 

"An-aniyo," I shook my head and bit my bottom lip. 

"Jinjja-yo?" he raised an eyebrow at me, in a mocking kind of way. "Well, it seems like it. And why are you stuttering, hm?" 

I shook my head again. "It's just that-you know, we only have five minutes to get to class. I really- I-uhh, I really have to go now, Jongdae, and-and-and you should too," I said as fast as I could, taking a step back at each word I said. "We-"

"Wait," he strode forward and grabbed hold of my wrist. 

I looked behind him, and sure enough, some students were just there, looking at Jongdae and I. 

"Jon-"

"What about the paper? Are you finish writing it?" he asked me. He didn't show any sign of knowing that people were actually staring at us. 

"Not yet," I mumbled as I slipped my wrist from his grip. "But, I'm almost finished. I'll give it to you tomorrow," 

He actually managed a small smile. "Okay, sounds good. I'll see you later, annyeong," he said before turning around and walking the other way. 

The bell rang, signaling for three more minutes to get to our classes. But, instead of moving from my spot, I seemed to be rooted on it. 

I watched as he walked away, his steps so light and so care-free. It didn't even bother him that girls were staring after him. 

I wish I could be like that; like him. A person who seems like he doesn't have a care in the world. 


More Lay action in the next chapter. Hope I don't disappoint you. ^o^