Two - 2

Wishes Can Come True
chapter two;

 

"Kyungmin," I grabbed my friend's wrist and pull her to a stop. "Can-can we eat outside?" 

 "Huh?" she looked at me with a raised eyebrow. "Wae? But, it's going to rain soon." she pouted. 

I shook my head. "It's just cloudy, come on, please?" I pleaded. "I don't want to eat in the cafeteria. Not when Eun Jae is there," I admitted. 

Ever since Eun Jae spilled my cartoon milk all over my uniform, I didn't dare eat in the cafeteria. I don't want to get humiliated again, not by her and especially not in front of all the students. 

"Ah! Don't worry about her, I'm with you," she told me and gave me a reassuring smile. 

But that wasn't enough to change my mind. "Minnie, jebal?" I looked at her and mustered the most sincere-looking sad face I could. 

Kyungmin was a er for my aegyos, she could never resist them and how could she? When her heart is soft and weak for anger and negativity. 

"Urgh! Fine, fine, fine!" she stomped her foot on the ground and huffed. She gripped on her lunchbox and walked with me to the school's courtyard. 

"I'll buy you something in the cafe later," I told her. "When we're out of school," 

"Good, because you owe me one," she smiled playfully before the two of us jumped to the ground, skipping the last two steps on the stairs. 

The two of us laughed as we head over to one of the benches under the cherry blossom tree. It was cold, but not that cold when I'm with Kyungmin. She's always so warm, bright and bubbly that you just want to hug her real tight. Her personality was a lot like mine back in the days, when I was still friends with Eun Jae. 

But, right now, I'm mostly described as quiet and rather dull. I doesn't really bother me that much though, just as long as they don't make rumors about me than I'm fine with who I am.  

She and I eat in silence for a little while. She clicks her chopsticks together from time to time and I liked the sound of it as it blends with the cold wind. 

"Do you want some of my galbiEomma made it for me, but it's too many for my liking."

I nodded and pushed my glasses back to the top of my nose. "Sure, you can have this bossam," we exchanged foods and laughed as we did. As I chewed the delicious food, I glance at Kyungmin. 

She's only been my best friend for two and a half years, yet it feels longer than that. True, we grew up together in the same district and went to the same school but when we were in the middle of our freshmen year, Kyungmin and I became best friends. That was the time where we said more than 'Hi's' or 'hey's to each other. That was the time when she was the only one who comforted me whenever Eun Jae would bully me. 

I'm forever grateful for her, and by repaying her, I try my hardest to make her smile and be happy. 

"Kyungminnie," I as I poked her sides. She flinched and gave me a stern look. I laughed lightly. "Gamsahabnida," I whisper lightly. 

"Eh?" she gave me a confused and strange look. "For what?" 

I slapped her shoulder playfully. "For having lunch out in the cold with me, silly," 

"Ah," Kyungmin grinned. "No problem, unnie," 

"And for being my best friend," I added.

She stops chewing her food and she tilted her head to the side, probably wondering why I was saying this now. But then, she shrugged and then smiled through her eyes. When she finished chewing her food, she swallowed it before saying; "Of course, Sunhee, thanks for being my best friend too." 

      

 

I wait for Kyungmin by her locker. Classes were already finished, but Kyungmin still had a club meeting. Since I promised her I would buy her something in the cafe we liked, I'm obliged to wait for her.

The halls were pretty packed, but I didn't mind. It would be good that there were lots of people, because then Eun Jae wouldn't bully me and make a big scene out of it. 

And speaking of her, she happens to be coming this way.  I abruptly turn around and bent my head. I know when Eun Jae is gone and has passed because the clicking of her heels against the floor was getting fainter. 

I sighed to myself and leaned against the locker. I have to start standing up for myself. But how can I when I'm so weak and too scared. 

"Ugh, seriously Sunhee," I lean my head back against Kyungmin's locker and groaned to myself. 

Suddenly, there was a loud squeal and then I could hear excited whispers and murmurs. The girls a few feet away from me were jumping and were also squealing. I didn't need to guess what was all the fuss about. Because there's only one thing that can make the girls here in school get all excited; the kingkas. 

They were a group of handsome-looking boys, they were rich too and that was a bonus. Every high school has them whether it was just one, two or a whole group. In my school, it was a group composed of six boys. 

The school nicknamed them 'EXO' and I don't even know how or why they came up with that name, but it is pretty catchy actually. 

The sharp intoxicating smell of men's cologne filled my nose and I scrunched it in displeasure. Ack. Wu Fan's cologne was always too strong for my liking. 

When I look up, I already saw them walking past me. Heads high, chin up in the air as they walked proudly at each step they take, they looked so arrogant and I bet they are. Maybe, except for Yixing.

Oh yes, Zhang Yixing, is part of the kingka group. Kris, or Wu Fan, the group's leader, who is also Chinese took Yixing under his wing and made him an official kingka just a month after he transferred in school last year. And because he's part of them, I think I have zero chance with him. 

The other boys in the group are mostly Chinese. Only two of them were actual Koreans. There was Yixing and Wu Fan, and then Huang Zitao or just 'Tao' for short. He wasn't so bad, but he was a little bit scary and intimidating and he had a bad- kind of look on him because he knew Wushu and he was an expert in rapping. 

There's also the innocent, yet devilishly handsome boys in the group. Lu Han, the Chinese baby-faced. Most girls fall for him because of his cute face and personality, I don't know about his personality yet but I don't think it's anywhere near 'cute'. 

The two Koreans in the group was Min Seok, but they call him 'Xiumin' because he looked a little bit like a Chinese. He's the eldest and I heard he's the strongest despite his chubby appearance. Then the other guy, Jong Dae or just 'Chen', well, he used to be my neighbor we even played games in his house together when we were kids. But, when he moved houses, I only saw him in school and sometimes in other places.

I stared longingly after after Yixing, his curly hair was still visible even fifteen feet away. 

"Yah! Sunhee unnie!" I turned to the source of Kyungmin's voice. Nobody ever calls me 'unnie' except Kyungmin and my little sister. 

She was running towards me, but then she stopped as I turned my head to her, she was only a few feet away. She waved her arm in the air and beckoned me over. "Come on!"

I jogged over to her, and when I reached her side; she immediately linked arms with me and pulled me to the school gates. "Did you see them?"

I didn't need to ask who she was referring to, by 'them' I know she means the almighty kingkas and the queenkas.  

"Yes," I smirked. "Luhan walked right pass me," I . 

"Y-yah!" she stammered and gave me a playful push as her cheeks were turning red. 

I laughed, teasing her with Luhan was always a habit of mine ever since she told me that she has a crush on him. 

"Hmpf!" she huffed and let go of my arm as she crossed her own. "And I bet Lay was there too, huh?"

I snorted. "Of course he was," I say, unfazed by her question. Kyungmin pouted and pushed me again, this time, I tripped on my own feet and landed on my on the cold sidewalk. 

Kyungmin laughed and didn't even bother to help me up. "That's what you get, Sunnie!" she stuck her tonuge out. "Mehrong~!" she giggled to herself.

"Ahh! Kyungminnie!" I stood up immediately, my cheeks red with embarrassment as the people who saw snickered when they saw me fall.

I hit her in the shoulder, but then she just continued to laugh so I hit her once more only to get the same response; laughter. 

"Aish! Let's just go!" I pull her along with me, heading to Tokki cafe, our own personal joint.