Three - 3

Wishes Can Come True
chapter three;

 

After we had ordered our drinks and our snacks, Kyungmin and I took our usual table beside the cafe's window. Tokki cafe was a rather small cafe but they served the best shakes and delicious muffins. The food weren't really expensive, but they weren't that cheap either. This cafe wasn't really popular in our school and I think only Kyungmin and I know about it. I want to keep it that way, I don't know what I'll do if the whole school knows about this place. I had so many memories in here, memories with Kyungmin. Ever since it opened in our sophomore year, Kyungmin and I became regular customers and we would often stop by here for a little snack at least once a week. This place had a soft aura to it, it's theme was a bunny. Thus the name; 'Tokki Cafe' or bunny cafe in English. Mostly girls and they're best friends visited this place. 

"Kyungmin," I sighed out. She murmured her reply and I continued on. "Where are you going to school in college?" 

"Eh?" Kyungmin looked up from her phone and looked curiously at me. "Wh-why are you asking me that out of the blue?" she raised an eyebrow and doubled her curious look. 

I smiled and shook my head as I leaned back on the chair. "Nothing really. I just . . . I was just wondering if you're really going to college in Busan and live there with your grandmother,"

Kyungmin sighed and placed her head on her hands, she tapped her fingers against her cheek as she looked out the window, letting her short hair fall to her side. "I'm not really sure. I'm not even that keen on going to college yet. And besides," she sits up and grins at me. "The school year has just started, unnie. Are you really that excited to leave me?" 

I laughed and shook my head. "Aniyo! And who said I might be leaving Seoul?" I chuckled. "I'm-I'm just wondering you know . . . What would happen if we finally graduated and I would be finally free from Eun Jae's bullying," 

"Unnie," Kyungmin leans on the table, placed her elbow on it and looked at me with those big brown eyes of her's. "Don't worry, Eun Jae won't be bothering you that much for the next few months," 

"Wae?" I can't help but ask. How can she say that? 

She shrugged and leaned back on her chair. "I don't really know the whole story, but I heard she has family troubles and she's really depressed nowadays." 

"And what makes you think she won't put release her depression on me, huh?" I point at myself and then look at Kyungmin with a kind of 'duh' face. 

"Aish!" she scratched her head impatiently and glared at me. "Think positive for once Sunhee!" she laughed as she said it, as if she found it amusing. 

I rolled my eyes and said nothing back. When the waitress had come and give us our order, Kyungmin and I ate our muffins and drank our teas and shakes until nothing was left. We didn't leave yet though, we just continued on talking for a while. 

"Ah, jamkkan!" Kyungmin abruptly said and made a 'T' sign with her hands. "I remembered! Where's that painting I saw? You promised me that once it was finish, you'd show it to me! Where is it, unnie?" 

I laugh dryly and scratch the back of my neck. "Yeah, uh, I'm still not yet finished with it though," I admitted. 

Kyungmin was talking about the painting was currently working on. One day during the first week of class, when she visited my house, she saw the painting in my room and it wasn't even half-finished yet. 

"Mwoya?" she said and widened her eyes. "Ah! You told me you'd finish it by September! It's already September 12th, Sunhee unnie!" she complained. 

I scrunch my nose and stuck my tongue out. "You just have to wait, Kyungmin. An artist need time to perfect their work," 

"Huh? Who said that?" 

I grinned at her. "I did," 

 

 

"Yeoboseyeo?" I answer my phone after I had finally fished it out of my bag. 

It was Saturday and I was preparing for a hang-out with Kyungmin to the new mall that just opened near Gangnam district. We promised to meet each other at 10 in the morning there, and I was kind of running a little late. 

"Unnie?" Kyungmin's voice said through the other line. "Yah! Where are you?" she sounded irritated. 

"Ahh," I place my phone between my shoulder and head as I placed my shoes on. "Mian, mian, mian," I told her and I clicked my tongue in irritation as I heard her groan at the other end of the phone. 

"Cha Sun Hee! You don't even want to know what I'll do if you're not here in the west end of Gangnam district in less than fifteen minutes!" she said loudly and even though it was  a phone conversation, my ears almost hurt as she yelled. 

"I'm heading there right now, arasso?" I tried to calm her down, but it didn't quite worked. 

"Fifteen minutes starts now," she said before hanging up on me. 

"Ah!" I screamed in frustration as I ran down the stairs. My younger sister, Sujin, flinched when I ran past her carrying a stack of her books. 

"Annyeong dongsaeng!" I yelled at her before running out of the house, heading for the nearest bus stop. 

 

 

"You're late," 

I groaned and fixed my jacket and zipped it up. I walked towards Kyungmin, she looked seriously mad and annoyed and her arms were crossed across her chest as she looked at me. 

"Mianhae," I bowed my apology and bit my lower lip before smiling. "At least, I'm here now," I said cheerfully, trying to brighten her up. 

Like I said before, Kyungmin has a weak and soft heart. Holding grudges and doing revenge is almost impossible for her. When I gave her a huge grin, a 'sorry' aegyo, her face twitched and her lips curved into a smile. 

"Ah!" she complained and stomped her foot as I laughed. "I'm the dongsaeng but why is your aegyo better than mine!?" she whined. 

I laughed wholeheartedly and shrugged my shoulders. "Nado molla!" I smiled wide before taking her arm. 

"Let us go!" I pointed towards the new mall that had just opened a week ago and Kyungmin and I walked towards it.