Chapter 2

Man In My Dreams

Its dark.

I looked up my watch and its 5 pm already.

Huh? The books were neatly placed on the desk. I wonder who did this. Maybe just a concerned person, afraid that the books might be tore. I left it as it is and went out. I skipped class for the first time. But it was actually worth it. Not because I was able to read a book, which i really did not do, but because i felt a sense of freedom and liberty.

I got out of the school campus. I didn't wait for my sister because she might be busy anyway.

 

I was crossing the street when i heard something dropped. 

I checked myself. My phone, my ring, or any other accessories I have. And then i knew, it was the cross pendant.

The cross pendant was the only memory i have from the man i always see in my dreams. At least i could think of him when im not sleeping and dreaming. I could clearly remember this pendant while he leans to me with the unclear face. It appears as though he's trying to reach out to me.

I looked where the pendant dropped and found it in the middle of the road. I ran and picked it. But halfway to standing up, there was a blinding light that made my eyes hurt, and a very loud beeping sound that went nearer and nearer to me. The vascular contractions of my heart suddenly stopped, and the blood that sustains my entire body halted.

I found myself lying down in the middle of the road. I could hear the sirens wailing and the crowd muttering. It was chaotic. But then amidst all the confusion inside my head, there was one thing I clearly recognized. Someone was shouting my name. Again and again.

Wait, this looks familiar. This situation. I've seen this before... The cross pendant he's wearing... this man...the man who i thought would never appear in my life... but now... is in front of me...yes... he was that man... the man in my dreams..

Black.

-Myungsoo's POV-

My shift ended early. Looks like I'll be able to relax earlier too. I got out of the campus.

Wait.. Isn't she that girl? What's she doing in the middle of the highway? W-wait.. there's a car approaching her.. Does she not see it?!

Without knowing, my feet started moving on their own.

I saw myself running towards the girl.

I ran really hard that i don't even know what it means to breathe.

 

It's too late.

 

"Jiyeon!! Jiyeon wake up!! Hey!! You can't do this... Jiyeon! Please, wake up!!"

"..man...in my dreams.." it was just a faint tone but I clearly heard those words from .

She still held the cross pendant tightly in her hands.

"Just when everything is clear.. just when she knows that I exist.. Why?! Why must all this happen now!?" I shouted those words from the top of my lungs. And I meant them.

White.

*Hey guys! Did you enjoy the first Two chapters? Please stay tuned for more updates! Don't worry, the story still does not end here :) Please subscribe me and comment down for improvements! :D