Chapter 17

Man In My Dreams

-Jiyeon's POV-

"Jiyeon, Hyomin-- This is my brother," the tall, dark figured guy turned around and faced us. "My brother, Daehyun."

Daehyun.... that random stranger..... is here in front of me.... again.

"Y--you..." Daehyun's eyes widened as he saw a glimpse of me. I just lowered my head down, hoping even at least, that he won't be able to recognize me.

"Why hyung?" Myungsoo stated.

"We've met before...."

"W-who?"

"J--jiyeon.."

"Really? Where? When?"

"I met him at the airport, when I went to see JB off..." I exclaimed. Myungsoo then just nodded as a response.

"So... you're the birthday boy?-- Happy Birthday!!!" Hyomin blurted. I forgot she was present here though.

"Y-yeah.. Thanks." Daehyun replied with his eyes still fixed on me.

"Come on guys, let's eat. Let's parttyyy!!" Hyomin added.

 

 

 

 

 

The party ended just like that. Eating and laughing simultaneously. And of course, Hyomin went all out. Blabbered here, party there. Such a party animal. She drank three bottles of soju so she wore out. Fortunately, Woohyun oppa dorve us back to the house.

 

With his help, I dragged Hyomin inside the house and after laying her down on the couch, Woohyun also left.

"Y--you know... Woohyun is handsome right??? Ever since... I saw him run---" Hyomin pronounced those words like a newborn child who just learnt a few words.

"Yeah. I know that you like him unnie--" I grabbed ice packs and applied it to Hyomin's forehead.

"W--what?! Like him? Of course not Jiyeon-- I think..... its more than that..." Hyomin continued mutterring.

I did not say a word. Its usually like this.... whenever she gets drunk, she starts telling something and I just patiently hear them out.

 

 

At last, after several hours of nonsense talking, she fell asleep. And I also got a chance to sleep and rest.

-Myungsoo's POV-

Aigoo. Its really tiring to hold a celebration. The things needed to be cleaned, just makes my head go crazy.

I was slowly keeping the things neat and clean in the kitchen when I saw Daehyun hyung by the window. He was holding a glass of wine in his hand and was looking at the sky, deep in thought. I felt the need to approach him, and so I did.

"Hyung, what are you thinking about? Looks like you're in deep thought..."

"Myungsoo--- if you look at the stars, they look really far..." he said.

"W-what do you mean hyung?"

"But when I look at a shooting star.... how I wish i could just run and catch it-- but why do i have this feeling, that I can't catch it?"

"Hyung.. what are you getting at?"

"Myungsoo... I've been in Europe for 3 years.. I've had countless girlfriends there but none of them took me seriously.. and neither did I." 

I laughed. "Hyung, I know that. You've been a player for how many years! But why make a fuss over that now? Come on... its your day. Cheer up!" I patted his shoulders and went back to the kitchen.

 

 

"Jiyeon..."

The moment I heard her name, I took a stop from walking. I turned around.

"the first time I saw her.... was like heaven. She, who was simple and elegant... certainly caught a part of my heart. She lighted the candle that was long dead inside my heart. Jiyeon-- by then, became the shining star of my life. And if she ever falls..... I would definitely catch her." he said.

And that time, I don't know if its just me or what-- but i felt that my brain stopped all its nervous functions. It was like the neurons which sends the nerve impulses throughout my body, temporarily stopped. Including the..... pumping of my heart. The bright moon that gives light to the night..... suddenly darkened and I can't see anything but total darkness. How I wish I was just struck by lightning directly to the heart that to hear this conversation myself.

"W-what do you think Myungsoo?" Hyung slowly turned his back and faced me. 

"Uh-- h-hyung...Do-- whatever y-you want." I smiled, though my eyes are getting blurry and cloudy. "A-aah. I'll finish cleaning first..." I turned around and walked towards the kitchen, pretending to clean-- but tears just started flowing from my eyes. 

 

 

And "my night" continued like that, with me.... grieving and mourning over something I can't clearly explain.

-Jiyeon's POV-

Ugh. Huge eyebags covered my eyes. It's all because of Hyomin unnie, making a fuss late at night that made me wake up time to time. Aigoo. Anyways, I still have class so better get dressed now.

I wore the uniform, fixed myself on the mirror and headed out of the room.

"Oh? Unnie... its still early. Doesn't your head hurt? You got really drunk yesterday night." I said as i pulled out the chair of the dining table and sat down. Hyomin prepared the breakfast and was busy applying cold compress to her head.

"Did it get really serious yesterday Jiyeon? Like... did i really do w-wild?" her eyes widened while I started eating.

"Uh-- not that wild except that you told me that you like Woohyun oppa.... Uh-- no, you said its more than that. Keke. " I replied and grinned. Its my payback time to all of what she did yesterday.... dragging me to a birthday party.

"What?!? I s-said that? Ughh! Pabo!" she yelled and started hitting her own head with the ice packs.

"Why unnie? Don't tell me... you mean those words? OMO unniieee!!" With a believable shocked face, I put on a drama to further . Keke. This is fun. And as what I thought, she quickly turned red. 

"That-- uh.... you know.... uh--" 

Is stood up and grabbed my bag, "Bye unnie! I'm going first! I'll go send your regards to Woohyun oppa too!!" then I stormed out of the house like a mad cheetah.

"Hey... HEYYYYY!" Hyomin yelled. Keke.

 

 

I reached the school and immediately looked for Myungsoo... but I can't seem to find him. Maybe he went first, so i headed to my class instead. I passed by his room and took a minute to find his presence. And I saw him sitting on his chair, with legs crossed and with a creased face. Looks like he's not in a good mood. I went inside my room.

 

The morning classes ended and if i'm not wrong, Myungsoo is supposed to be here any minute now.

I patiently waited for him to appear but he did not. So i decided to go to his room and ask if he has some problem.

I stood by the door of his room and looked, but on the chair where he was sitting earlier.... it was empty already. I looked around to find him but I failed to catch a glimpse of him. Then I gave up on my own and asked his one classmate.

"Myungsoo.. where is he?"

"Oh Myungsoo? I think he just left a while ago.... looks like he's not coming back for the afternoon classes though... he took his bag too." he stated.

"O-oh. Do you have any idea where he's going?"

"Uh no. I'm sorry."

"O-okay. Thanks." I nodded and left the room with a confused face.

I don't know exactly what is happening... but I have a bad feeling about this. 

Hmm. Where could he be at this time?

 

Aha. Let's try looking for him there--

 

 

 

Knock. Knock.

I stood in front of Myungsoo's house. I thought that maybe he could be here. Well, there is no place like home... people say.

I knocked for the second time but there seems to have been no reply. Maybe he's not here anyway. Sigh.

 

"Jiyeon..."

A recognizable voice came out from behind me. So i turned around to know whose person this recognizable voice is.

"Why are you here?"

"Oh. D-daehyun..."

"Y-yeah?"

"Uh- I'm looking for Myungsoo.. just wondering if he's here..." I replied.

"Oh Myungsoo? I thought he's at school? Isn't he with you? Or together with his friends?"

"I-i haven't had the time to see him though...."

"Are you sure? Well maybe he's just roaming around your school..."

"Uh-- he could be..." I hesitantly said with my head down.

"You want to come in?" Daehyun said as he pointed his hands towards the door.

"Uh, no--"

"Come on." 

I even haven't finished saying when he already opened the door for me. 

I had no choice. Its hard to turn back.

So I stepped in.

-Daehyun's POV-

I just came back to the house from taking a stroll around the place. Its hard when you stayed away from your own country though.

 

As I opened the gate, a familiar figure stood in front of the door. I looked at its feet and towards its head.

After thinking who might be the person behind this figure for a few seconds, someone came up to my mind.

 

"Jiyeon..." The figure turned around and what I thought was right. Its Jiyeon. "Why are you here?" I asked.

"Oh... D-daehyun.." I don't know if its just me, but I sensed a feeling of shock from Jiyeon's voice.

"Y-yeah?"

"Uh- I'm looking for Myungsoo.. just wondering if he's here..." Jiyeon said with an unsure face.

"Oh Myungsoo? I thought he's at school? Isn't he with you? Or together with his friends?"

"I-i haven't had the time to see him though...." she replied with her head down.

"Are you sure? Well maybe he's just roaming around your school..."

"Uh-- he could be..."

It was like she's not going to say anything anymore so I started something on my own.

"You want to come in?"

"Uh... No--" 

I did not let Jiyeon finish what she's about to say and opened the door for her. "Come on."

It took me a couple of glances and a few seconds to convince her. And finally, she went in.

I guided her to the couch and let her sit. I also sat on the opposite side. 

Everything was silent and awkward.

"So, did you have fun yesterday? Here?" I unconsciously asked.

"Uh, yeah. It was fun." Jiyeon nodded with a smile drawn in her face.

I also smirked and continued, "By the way... in case you might not know, I just turned 21."

"Ohh I see," she was supposed to say more but hesitated.

"What is it?"

"E-eeh?"

"I know there's more you wanted to say..."

"Ohhh. Just wondering what Myungsoo's age is.... if you're his hyung."

"Myungsoo's 19. We're two years apart. But it doesn't look like it though... people think I'm younger than him... Tch." I flashed a mischievous smile.

This time its real.... Jiyeon laughed. And I was happy about that.

"Uhm.. wait here, I'll make you coffee." I stood up and headed to the kitchen.

"Sure."

 

 

"Jiyeon! What do you like your coffee?" I asked while busy mixing the coffee.

"J-just plain!" she replied back.

Alright. I poured in the creamer... added a bit of sugar and a slight mixing. Its done.

I went out of the kitchen with a cup of coffee in my hand. 

"Your coffee is here-- Uh? Where'd she go?" 

There was already no one in the couch. She just left. 

"Tch," I looked at the lonely coffee. "Maybe next time.." And drank it myself.

-Jiyeon's POV-

I left Daehyun in the house. I can't help it... I need to find and talk to Myungsoo. Talk about what might be bothering him.

I looked for him in the school again.. maybe just like Daehyun said, he's just roaming around.

And I saw him in the canteen, doing his shift. I approached him. He was busy handing out the servings of food to the students, but i still made some time to talk to him.

"Hey, Myungsoo..."

He stopped what he was doing and replied, " What are you doing here..."

"Just trying to make sure... you're okay."

He did not even look at me and continued doing his work. In short, he did not answer back.

So i grabbed his hand, hoping to gain an answer.

And at last, he looked at me and said, "Leave me alone."

"W-what... d-do... you m-mean.."

"I said... Leave.Me.Alone." he dropped my hand and left.

I'm confused.. I don't know what's happening.... What should I do?

Tears just started flowing... and I don't even know why I'm crying...

 

*HOHOHO. I'm back with the continuation of the previous chapter :D So what do you think guys? Will there ever be a chance between Myungsoo and Jiyeon? Or will Daehyun.... get in their way? Please be keep updated because the story is just getting more and more thrilling!! Comment, subscribe! ^^*