Chapter 14

Man In My Dreams

-Jiyeon's POV-

"H-hey, are you okay?" 

I sat down and closed my eyes for a second. "Y-yeah... just a bit d-dizzy.."

"W-what happened? Are you exhausted because of running towards here? Are you hurt anywhere? Do you feel tired and fatigued? If its because of m-me... I'm sorry.." he checked my face and his mood suddenly became apologetic.

"N-no. Its not because of t-that..."

"T-then, what happened? Do you want me to bring you to the hospital?"

"No. I'm okay. This happens frequently though.."

"W-wha? What do you mean.. f-frequently?"

"I have mild amnesia, and whenever I remember something, my head hurts... just like now."

He was shocked and pity filled his eyes. "B-but... I don't understand... what made you remember something? This place?" he wandered his head across the store.

"I-i don't know.."

A moment of silence covered the space between us. I also noticed the gigantic drops of sweat that formed from Daehyun's face. He felt tense like a criminal responsible for something. Well, knowing that he made me hurry and run here all the way is enough for him to be guilty.

"By the way.. the handkerchief," I took out his precious hanky from my bag and handed it to him. "Here."

He was about to get the handkerchief from my hands when a waiter from the restaurant accidentally bumped my hand that caused the hanky to drop to the floor.

"I'm sorry maam." the waiter said and knelt down to retrieve the fallen hanky but--

"No. Its okay." Daehyun said and picked the hankerchief instead.

By that time, I noticed something from Daehyun.

When he bowed down to get the handkerchief, something slipped from the inside of his shirt's neckline.

I zoomed my eyes on it and found...

 

 

 

a cross pendant hanging by his neck, swinging back and forth.

Then I soon realized... the reason behind why my head hurted just a few seconds ago.

It..

was the same as the one I saw from the painting back in the club room.

What does this mean?

There are already dots, but I can't seem to connect them.

I'm getting confused even more.

"Hey Jiyeon," 

"Jiyeon are you listening?"

I awoke from deep thought when Daehyun waved his hands across my face. "Oh y-yeah. What is it again?"

"I said here," he offered me the handkerchief, "Take this. I'm giving it to you.."

"E-eh?! Just yesterday.. you told me to give it to you like a boss, and now you're giving it to me? Crazy." I blurted.

"I changed my mind because it wasn't as sparkling clean as i thought.. Tch. I'm disappointed in your washing skills.." he winked. I don't know if it was a joke or what.

"Tch. You should've said earlier. Now i figured I was just wasting my time on this useless matter." I stood up and took the hanky back.  "I still have something to do, so I'm going." I walked towards outside the store.

 

"Before you go--" I stopped by the door. He went near me. "You haven't told me..... what your name is.." and smirked.

"Jiyeon. Park Jiyeon." I finally got outside the restaurant.

-Myungsoo's POV-

I scratched my head as I explored the place. Aishh. Why would Woohyun ask me to buy him a cup of soda out of nowhere... and specifically here?

<>

"Myungsoo-ah, since you're heading outside, can you buy me soda?" Woohyun said.

"Oh sure. The store is just nearby. I'll go get it for you."

"Wait.... I want the one sold near the airport... it suits my taste.. Pleaseeee." he winked his eyes like an innocent puppy.

If only I don't treat Woohyun as a brother, no way I would've done this.

"O-okay fine. I'll go.. I'll go.... And stop winking, you're like a retard."

<>

My phone beeped. It wrote, "Myungsoo, the store that sells the soda is located beside the Bistro Restaurant. Hurry! ^^"

Really, this Woohyun, he's getting on my nerves.

I walked to find that Bistro Restaurant. Hmmm.

 

 

Found it. 

I walked towards it and found the soda shop. I went in.

"A cup of soda please,"

"Yes sir. Please wait for a while."

I looked around the cafe searching for whatever that caught the attention of Woohyun, that he preferred this shop.

I glanced at the window, watching the people walk back and forth.

 

Oh? Out of those people, someone caught my eye.

 

Yellow, brown hair.

 

There can only be one person I know with that attribute.

I closed my eyes for a moment trying to erase the blurr and to make the situation clear, but as soon as my eyes opened, she was gone.

I shook my head pathetically. Myungsoo, I guess you're overthinking Jiyeon. And anyway, why would Jiyeon bother to come here? Aigooo, stop imagining things on your own.

"Sir, here's your order."

I went to the counter and paid for the cup of soda. "Thanks." Then I headed outside the shop.

 

-Jiyeon's POV-

I just came back to school from meeting Daehyun. Sigh. I'm tired.

And that pendant though.... it still bothers me. Was that really important to me... in the past? And Daehyun... what was his connection to the cross pendant

I shove off those thoughts and laid my head on the desk, facing the door of the room. I puffed in air inside my mouth and released them slowly. I was about to close my eyes when I caught a glimpse of Myungsoo passing by the door. I raised my head and yelled out his name.

"Myungsoo!"

He already passed by the room and I guess there's no chance for him to hear me anyway.

But when I almost lost the hope of seeing him, he appeared walking backwards by the door.

"I think I heard someone called my name.." he then smiled towards my direction. I also let out a smile.

Myungsoo, what a silly guy, appearing when I least expect him to.

I stood up from my chair and walked towards him.

"Myungsoo, I haven't seen you during lunch.." I creased my eyebrows.

"Ah. yeah. Woohyun asked me to buy this.." he pointed at the cup of soda he was holding on his right hand.

"B-but, the store is just near here... What took you so long?"

"Ah. Woohyun really has a different taste so he asked me to buy this from the shop near the airport."

Airport? I was just there a while ago. I kinda felt bugged by the 'airport' thing.

"Oh. I see." I hesitantly said.

"You.... I also haven't seen you during lunch... when i was about to go out.." Myungsoo said.

Does he perhaps know... where I've been?

"Ohh. No, i was here all the time. I just went to the canteen to grab some side dishes." I made myself smile to make the doubtfulness in the atmosphere, disappear.

"I've also thought of that. But you know what's funny? While I was taking a look at the people around the soda shop, I saw someone that resembles you. I don't know if its just me or what, but... she really looked like you."

"Oh? Really? Myungsoo-ah, I guess you think of me constantly right? I was just here during lunch and besides.... I don't have a reason to go there.." Again, I gave him a smile. I tried really hard to make my statement normal and eliminate the awkwardness I feel.

Awkward because he might have seen me.... together with Daehyun.

 

Wait Jiyeon.... why would you even bother I he sees you two? Its not like Myungsoo's your boyfriend and you're having a relationship with another guy, who is Daehyun. Besides, Daehyun is just a random stranger to you.

"Hey Jiyeon, I'm going to give this to Woohyun first. He must be dead waiting for this. See you." Myungsoo waved at me and headed towards his room, which was across mine.

"Sure. Yeah, see you later." I also waved at him even though my mind is still in a half-conscious, half-active state.

 

 

 

 

Classes ended. I stood outside the gate and waited for a taxi. Jb was supposed to pick me up during this time.... but now he's gone.

The winter is also approaching soon, its getting cold. I rubbed my hands together as i constantly breathed. I glanced at my watch and realized that its already 6:00 pm. I just knew then that I was waiting here for over an hour.

Ugh. Where are the taxis? I stomped my feet and grumbled to myself. Just then, I felt a piece of clothing covered me from the back. I turned and looked.

"You might get a cold Jiyeon.." he fixed the jacket  that was covering my back.

"M-myungsoo..." He smiled as I mentioned his name.

"I thought you still have work.." I added.

"Ahh. I asked my in-charge to readjust my shift.."

"W-why?"

He looked for something in his bag and said, "I remembered JB was gone and that nobody would be able to pick you up," he then handed me hot packs which he got from his bag. "So I figured I would be the one to bring you home.... starting today."

I looked at him in the eyes, and accepted the hot packs.

And for the first time in my life, I felt my heart throbbing as if its gonna explode.

"By the way, have you been wating here for so long?" 

"Y-yeah. For a while.." I shifted my eyes to the hot packs in my hands.

"I've been commuting since I came here to the school, and never did I see a single taxi here.." Ha glanced around.

"Really?"

"Yeah. I heard the taxis use the highway on the other side of the school.." he added. "Will it be okay if we start walking to reach the other side?" 

"Oh, yes. Sure. Its getting late though." 

"Don't worry... I'm here. You'll be safe.." he looked at me in the eyes and smiled. For a moment, he really looked like an angel sent from above, innocent and pure. The kind that would be your knight in shining armor.

-Myungsoo's POV-

Without knowing, Jiyeon and I walked a half of mile already. The original plan was supposed to walk and reach the other side of the school, but because of our non-sense talks and laughs, we realized that we almost reached Jiyeon's house.

 

And yes. We arrived at Jiyeon's house.

 

"You go inside first... " I instructed Jiyeon.

"No. I'm gonna see you off first."

"No. You go first. Its cold here." I insisted.

"Myungsoo, I'm not gonna go in if I don't see you off.." she threatened me.

"Okay okay. I'll go.. But make sure you don't catch a cold okay?" I turned around and walked.

"Myungsoo... did you know that the first time i saw you.... in the hospital.." I stopped walking and took time to hear what Jiyeon says. "I didn't know who you are... but I think I know you deep inside..." 

I smiled to myself. A smile that represents all the regrets and the heartaches I've felt. If only she knows... If only Jiyeon knows what I've been through... she would've felt the same thing..

I turned around and yelled, "Good night Jiyeon! Say Hi to Hyomin for me!!!" Then I left.

 

*HI AGAIN. LONG TIME NO UPDATE. TT__TT I'VE BEEN REALLY BUSY SO YEAH. IT TOOK ME LONG FOR THIS. BUT FOR YOU MY BELOVED READERS, I'M DOING MY BEST TO MAKE THE STORY WORTHWILE TO READ AND FUN AND INTERESTING. I REALLY REALLY HOPE YOU'LL LIKE THIS GUYS. I'VE ALSO DECIDED TO EXTEND THE CHAPTERS SO THAT I COULD EXPRESS THE FLOW OF THE STORY MORE. PLEASE WAIT PATIENTLY FOR THE NEXT UPDATES!! COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE! :D*