Chapter 18

Man In My Dreams

-Jiyeon's POV-

Leave me alone.

Those words still lingered on my mind as I went to sleep.

Why?

Why would he let me leave him alone?

Doesn't he think of me even at least a friend.. whom he can hang on?

I.... don't know why-- why he's doing this to me.

But one thing is for sure... something is going on.... and that something has got to do with me.

Sigh. I closed my eyes and temporarily shove off those thoughts.

--

 

The next morning.

I hurried to eat my breakfast and went directly to the school. I thought at least that I'd catch Myungsoo on his way there.

 

As i stepped on the school gate, I saw his shadow walking towards the stairs. So i ran and yelled out his name, "Myungsoo!"

I hurried to walk up the stairs and searched for him... but he was not there anymore. He's gone already.

I let out a deep sigh and went to my class instead.

--

 

 

As i expected, the day passed with me not being able to talk to Myungsoo. Such a tiring day after all.

--

The next day.

I was getting in line at the canteen to receive my food servings..... and maybe see Myungsoo.

And just from afar, I saw that he was the one serving the food. I tiptoed to see his face and waved. He turned to my direction-- and our eyes met.

I was happy just like that.

I patiently waited and finally, it was my turn.

I looked at the food first and said, "This and this please, Myung--" I shifted my eyes to his face but it..... wasn't Myungsoo's face. It was another man. I lowered my head and recalled.

 

Oh yeah! Now that i remember... after our eyes met, he asked another man to substitute him! Mmmm. He doesn't want to see me after all. 

I took a glance at him, standing at the corner and pouted my lips as I went to find an empty seat.

 

 

Again, my day ended like that. I still haven't had the time to talk to him. Aigoo.

--

The next day.

Still, I was not able to meet Myungsoo. Even during the lunch, or any other break I've had.. there seems to be no sign of him.

I almost gave up and was ready to ride the bus when I saw Myungsoo come out of the gate. I ran and yelled, "Myungsoo!" but he he did not hear me. So i ran faster to catch up to him... and never did i noticed that there was a trash bin laid across the pathway. So as I ran, i tripped and fell.

"Owww. It hurtss," The pain went off immediately as i thought of getting to Myungsoo. So I stood up and looked around-- but I can't see him anymore. He must've left already. Deep sigh. I can't do anything now so, better just go home. 

Oh? My knee... its bleeding. "Owww." I moaned as I blew on the wound.

 

 

The next couple of days went just as expected. It was all the same. Still, no word from Myungsoo. I'm tired of chasing him too. I don't even know what is happenning.

I guess he just needs time.

-Myungsoo's POV-

I wore my school uniform and went to eat my breakfast.

"Myungsoo-- you're not going to go together with me? I'll drop you off at your school..." Daehyun said.

"Uhh-- no hyung. Its okay. I can go by myself." I replied as I munch the food.

"Hm. Okay."

I picked up my bag and went straight outside without saying a thing.

 

"Myungsoo.." hyung muttered. I stopped by the door to hear what he has to say. "Jiyeon went here yesterday.... she was looking for you." 

After he finished saying what he has to say, I went out. Speechless.

Sigh. Those words won't mean a thing to me anyway. 

I'm stuck between two choices. And I just don't know what to do-- knowing that my very own brother, is my rival.

How i wish i could just disappear and get out from their lives. But I'm sure... time would heal this wound.

 

 

I reached the school and took a few steps on the stairs towards the hallway when I heard someone, "Myungsoo!" yalled my name. I did not bother to look where the voice came from, because I'm sure that this voice--- is Jiyeon's.

So i pretended not to care and hurried walking until i reached the hallway. I hid myself on the wall at the oppsite side to prevent Jiyeon from seeing me. 

Then i heard her run across the hallway, gasping. But it looks like she's giving up.

Finally, she gave up and went to her room instead. I took a glance and verified that she's really gone. 

Phew. That was close...

--

The next day.

I was busy serving out food in the canteen as part of my shift when a certain girl caught my attention.

She was busy tiptoeing and it made me shift my attention towards her direction.

Then our eyes met.

Its Jiyeon.

It looks like she's not going to give up after all.

So I called my other shift mate and asked him to substitute me temporarily. It was Jiyeon's turn by then.

She looked eagerly at the food menu thinking that it was me in front of her. But then she found out that it wasn't me, and pouted her lips in despair. I just stood on the corner and sighed. She's still cute though. Even more cuter when she's depressed. Keke.

--

The next day.

I finished my shift and classes and went out to head home.

I got out of the gate and walked towards the nearest bus stop.

"Myungsoo!!" This familiar voice came again. Aisssh. When will she ever stop chasing me? I ignored her and walked faster.

While walking, I heard her stumbled over and moaned in pain... maybe because of chasing me too. I've been really trying hard not to turn around and help her but instead continued walking.

And just like that, I got on the bus stop and haven't see Jiyeon anywhere. I don't know if i should feel good or guilty but for sure, I think it would be better if I won't stick to her anymore.

The more I stay close to her knowing that my brother likes her... the more is my heart in pain. I--i just can't do that.

-Jiyeon's POV-

Uwaaaahh. I stretched my mouth and raised my arms as I walk past the corridors. I feel sleeeepy. The day just seems really boring..... especially without Myungsoo. It has been a week since Myungsoo haven't spoke a word. And it has been long..... since I remembered something, from the past.

I stepped down the stairs to take a look on Myungsoo in the garden. Yes, its been one week but i still did not gave up on having a chance to talk to him.

I was about to walk down on the last step of the stairs when my phone beeped. I looked at it and figured that there was a text message. 

"Jiyeon.... are you hungry? Let's eat!! Kekeke ^^" it wrote. It came from Daehyun. Ugh. He's really annoying, isn't he? 

I closed the phone and continued walking when-- "Jiyeooooon!!"

A guy yelled my name while waving with a smiling face from the other side of the highway. I stopped and looked at him... but he's too far and I can't see him very well.

My phone beeped again and it wrote, "Jiyeon! I'm at the other side of the highway... waving at you!! Can you see me? Kekeke ^/\^" Sender: Daehyun

I looked back on the guy from the other side of the road and.... YES. Its Daehyun-- confirmed.

I turned around and pretended that I haven't seen anything... but deep inside, I can feel that he's already crossing the road-- towards me.

"Heyyyy-- why did you turn around? Didn't you receive my text?"

Boom. Daehyun appeared in front of me like a magical pokemon.

"Uh-- I uh, received it. Hehe." I replied as i slowly lifted my head towards his face.

"So... uh-- I'm hungry... come on! Lets eat!" He said with an eyesmile as he placed his arms around my shoulders.

"H--heyy," I shyly said.

"So, where do you want to go?" He looked at me and our faces were like 3 inches apart. It made me look at his eyes and realized that-- 

 

Oh...as I looked at Daehyun's face, a shadow from the background caught my eye. So I shifted my eyes on that shadow and noticed that it was...

Myungsoo-- looking at the two of us, Daehyun. 

So I immediately pulled Daehyun's hands from my shoulders and distanced myself from him.

"H-hey... I was just having fun though..." Daehyun said.

"I--its not like that.." I replied as my eyes rolled to where Myungsoo was, just earlier--- but he already turned his back... and i don't know if its real... but I think I saw a drop of water fell from his face..... and he looks like he's trying to wipe it away--

I wanted to call him but - "Jiyeon... I know a good place to eat! Come on!" Daehyun grabbed my hand and dragged me away.

 

*Annyeong guys! :D I'm really sorry for the late update because I was busy spazzing over T-ara N4's comeback. XD So uhm.. this chapter is supposed to be really long but i guess you might grew impatient so I cut it off up to this. But don't worry there will be a continuation asap. So please keep calm and wait for the next update! Comment, subscribe! :D*