Chapter 26

Man In My Dreams

-Myungsoo's POV-

I felt something on my shoulders. I looked at my left and I saw Jiyeon- with its head leaned onto my shoulders, soundly sleeping. Then I glanced at my right and found Krystal- with its head leaned onto my shoulders as well. I carefully looked around and noticed that the students were already in and the bus was fully running its engine.

I paused for a moment and thought for the best thing to do. Then I asked myself, Why must this happen? 

After a few minutes, I arrived at a decision. I slowly took my hand out and lifted their heads one at a time. First, I lifted Jiyeon's and laid her head on the window. Then second, I lifted Krystal's head and placed it to the headrest of her seat. 

I have finally been able to breathe because I thought I have escaped from that dilemma. But I was wrong.

The second after, Jiyeon's head fell onto my shoulders again. I guess the bus' movement and shrieks made it fall, and again- I skipped a breath. So I lifted her head again hoping this time, it would find its way to the window, leaning. But all of a sudden, her eyes opened and she woke up. She stared at me blankly at first but when she realized it, her eyes widened. 

"M-Myung--"

"Ssshhhh." I responded and unconcsiously, I laid my index finger to her lips. "Let's not wake Krystal up," I added. Just then, I realized that I felt Jiyeon's soft and tender lips and so I immediately took my hands off of it. She nodded and agreed to not wake Krystal up.

"Did you eat?" I awkwardly asked.

"N-no. Not yet."

I hurriedly searched for something in my bag and handed it to her. "Here. Eat some." 

She accepted the box of pepero and started to munch some. "Y-you? Did you eat already?" This time, she asked.

"No. I just gave my snack to you."

"E-eh?! Why didn't you tell me?"

"Just that.... I want you to eat." I smiled.

"Yaaa Myungsoo! Don't be such a gentleman. Here, have some." She offered me the box of pepero but I declined it.

"Waee? You don't like it?" she complained.

"No. I like it."

"Then why would you not eat it?"

"I...... want you to feed me. Keke." I smirked.

"Huh. YAAA! Don't be like a kid!! You have hands right? Eat this yourself!!"

"Aaahhh. I won't eat unless you feed me." I pouted.

"Tch. Fine, you'll starve there." I can't believe she ignored my plead. 

 

Minutes later, my stomach growled. I just bowed my head down in shame. I was feeling hungry and I can't eat. I let out a heavy sigh out of hope. 

 

"Hey----- H-ere," Finally she gave up and fed me a stick of pepero. I immediately bit it and shove it to my mouth like a wild beast. She handed two and three and more sticks to me and I was happy about that. Sometimes she added a game with it- she'll wave the stick and make me bite them with my hungry mouth. We were like kids that time, or worse than kids.

"Hey Myungsoo, careful! You'll bite my finger!!" 

"Ahhh-- sorry sorry." I the corners of my mouth as I munched the last piece of pepero.

"Ahhhh. I'm full now." I grinned.

"Yaaa! You ate all of it, how can you not be full? Tch." Jiyeon complained.

"I guess so..... Keke." I smirked. "Hmmm... Are we far yet? I'm getting bored..." I continued.

"Yeah, I think so." she nodded and yawned. "I'm sleepy too," she added.

I stared at her face which was busy looking at the sceneries from outside the window- and then I leaned to her shoulders.

"Ahh. Its been long..... since I slept on someone's shoulders-" 

She looked shocked and I can feel that she's looking at me too.

"H-heyy,"

I rubbed my head to her shoulders like some cute puppy begging for food and spoke, "I...... just want to sleep in your shoulders Jiyeon..... I don't want you to leave me...."

Initialle, I expected her to smack my head and throw me away but- 

I felt her head onto mine, and the next time I knew, we were leaning onto each other's heads.

"I'm not gonna leave you Myungsoo....." she faintly whispered. I smiled.

 

-Krystal's POV-

I woke up the moment I felt someone lift my head- which appeared to be Myungsoo. I was about to open my eyes but Jiyeon, who was beside him- woke up ahead of me and caught Myungsoo's attention. 

So I went back to close my eyes and pretended like I'm still in deep sleep. 

The next minutes, I heard them laughing and giggling already. They were so happy- much happier than kids playing hide and seek. 

Suddenly, they went quiet so I decided to take a glance at them. But then what I saw just shattered my heart in pieces.

They already had their eyes closed- sleeping, with their heads leaned together-- as if not caring about the world. And then my eyes started shaking but I didn't manage to spill the tears out, because I want to prove myself to Myungsoo- I'll show him that I could win him back.

 

-Jiyeon's POV-

"Jiyeon-ah, wake up. We're here." I heard Myungsoo's voice into my ears.

"O-oh. Yeah, yeah." I looked around and confirmed that we've arrived at the place already.

Tall, dark and green trees surrounded us, birds chirped all over and the fresh air that welcomed us signaled that we've reached the place of the field trip. The rainforest.

"Alright alright. Step out from the bus, boys and girls. Let's start unpacking our things and get ready for lunch!" Our professor stated.

"Yes-" We replied. 

Myungsoo went ahead of me and I followed him. Now that I think of it, I haven't seen Krystal anywhere. Or maybe she went out already. 

I carried my bags and placed them in the rooms which were accommodated for us. Then I headed to the crowd of students to keep up with what's happening.

"Okay guys, before we eat our lunch- would you like to have a warm-up?" The head teacher asked.

"Yes!" The students yelled.

"Okay so uhh- we'll have a boat relay game! Anyone who wants to join?" 

"Boat relay? What's that?" the students behind me started whispering to each other.

"It's just a plain relay except that you it while in a boat," I turned to them and confidently explained.

"That's right! She's right." The professor blurted out. "Okay, so we have one player!" He added while pointing towards my direction. I wanted to not join but it will only be a hassle to them who are eager to play. So I just nodded.

"Us! We'll join! Two guys of slightly tall height yelled.

"Us too!" 

And several people declared their eagerness to join the game. But I was wondering, a relay is supposed to be played with a partner, and I looked around and realized that I had no partner at all.

So I protested to the teacher, "Uhhm, excuse me but- it appears like I have no partner sir." 

He thought for a moment and realized it all. "Now that I notice it......" He said while scratching the tip of his chin. "Who's interested to be Park Jiyeon's partner?" He declared.

Everyone seemed quiet and uninterested to the question when one person came out and yelled, "I........ would like to be her partner," 

"Alright then! Now we're settled, so let's head on to the river!" The teacher proclaimed.

"Y-you...... Wh-hy?" I asked that person in confusion. 

"Just that.... I want to. I want to know you more...." She said and flashed a smile, one that gives an aura of threat.

"You don't have to do that...... Krystal.

"I already did, Jiyeon." she replied.

 

 

We prepared ourselves and stepped in the boat. 

"You know what to do guys? You just have to row your boat until you reaches the other side of the river and on that side, a flag is hanged. You should pick up the flag and bring it back here as fast as you can!! Remember, this is all about cooperation and teamwork, so... FIGHTING!! 3....2....1--" The whistle blowed.

I grabbed the paddle and started rowing the boat with all my might- but.. Krystal wasn't rowing at all. She was just there, sitting and staring at me, as if there's something she wanted to say.

"Jiyeon.... what is your relationship with Myungsoo?" 

Suddenly, I stopped rowing the moment that question struck me. "We're friends." The safest reply I could ever think of. 

"Just.....f-friends?"

"Y-yeah." 

"Then that moment..... when we first met, in the hallway- why were the two of you together?" 

"Uhh- just-- it just happened that we were walking together..... to the canteen."

"But then..... he was holding your hands at that time-- Is that what normal friends do?"

"Ahhh, n-no. Uhh- just... uhh, how do I put this---"

"Jiyeon.... I'm not wasting my time talking to you just to get lies. I want the truth. Facts." 

"There's really nothing between us Krystal." I made my voice more serious and believable. "And besides, why are you asking such questions?" I fired back at her relentlessness.

"Myungsoo and I had a relationship.... in the past. And I admit I did a mistake- I left him in exchange for my dream."

"W--haat? What did you say?" My eyes widened in shock.

"Why are you so shocked? Don't tell me.... Myungsoo did not tell you?!? Hah," she smirked.

"He didn't mention anything like that...." My voice started to shake.

"Tch. Maybe because he still can't get over me..... Anyway, like I said, I made a mistake in leaving him behind and because of that, he thought that what he felt for me at that time- back when we were in senior highschool, is just an illusion. So his feelings for you..... don't mistake it for love, because Myungsoo-- does not know what love is."

"N-no. That's not true... He knows what love is.... He knows what it means to love and to be loved!"

"Oh really? Then what about you, do you feel the same way for him?!"

I remained speechless. I didn't know what to say. And if ever there is something I wanted to say, i'm not sure about it. All I know was Krystal suddenly stood up and screamed, "Tell me!! Do you love him?!?!!" 

Along with her powerful statement, her standing position made the boat become unbalanced. We struggled to restore the equilibrium but the weight is just so overpowering. And in just a split second, the boat flipped over- and we, fell into the water, helpless. 

All I heard were screams and anguish from the students who were watching. I wanted to scream also but how could I, when I'm underwater? 

Bit by bit, I could feel that my body was sinking and I can't move at all. Bubbles started to come out from my nose as I struggled to breathe but it just worsened the situation. 

Finally, i wanted to give up and cut off the oxygen that's within my body- when someone caught me from behind. 

And then I was able to breathe. 

"Jiyeon! Jiyeon! Are you okay?!" Its just a faint noise but I clearly recognized the voice.

"Myung--" I forgot that I drank alot of water already and it made me cough profusely. 

"Its okay, its okay. I got you now. You're safe...." Myungsoo said as he grabbed me by the neck and started dragging me towards the side of the river where the students were located. They helped and lifted me up while I was still unconcsious at that time and laid me down to the ground. I was already breathing but there's still the difficulty in finding the air. 

Then I remembered Krystal- I tried to open my eyes and luckily I caught a glimpse of her, being carried by Hoya. Compared to me, she seemed okay- she's not even coughing or struggling. She was basically breathing. And so all the people's attention was diverted to me. Then I didn't know what happened next.

 

-Myungsoo's POV-

I brought Jiyeon to the dorm and made her rest there while we waited for the ambulance. She was soundly sleeping so I decided to come out from the room. Just then, I spotted Krystal sitting on a bench, under the shade of the tree. I did not know what to feel ar what exact emotions am I having right now- so I went near her.

"Why.... are you doing this?" I asked her.

"Myungsoo..." she stared at me.

"Why do you have to involve Jiyeon.... when its our own problem? WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TRYING TO DO!!??" I lost my cool.

"Myungsoo, what are you saying? I did not do anything wrong!"

"What do you mean nothing wrong? I saw it with my own eyes Krystal! The other students saw it too! You purposely stood up and stomped the boat and as a result it flipped over!!"

"W--hat?! I did not do it on purpose! It was all just an accident Myungsoo! I never intended to drown her or what!! Myungsoo.... I too, fell into the water-- but you did not even care about me for just even a second!! Shouldn't that give me the right to be mad at you?"

"Mad?! Go ahead! Get mad at me!! I don't care!! I don't care about you... the same way when you didn't care about me back then! You know Krystal... I was deciding that I wanted to be friends with you amidst of all that happened..... but YOU- barging in into Jiyeon's life.... That leaves with no choice-- Go back to America."

"No Myungsoo. I won't go back unless I bring you with me. Keep that in your mind.... because I will do all that it takes, just to get you back." She stood up and left the place. And I just fell down on my knees, but fortunately I landed safely in bench.

Just then, the door of the room where I laid Jiyeon, opened and she stood, "Myungsoo?" 

I immediately recovered and fixed myself. "Jiyeon... I'm here!" I slightly waved my hand towards her direction. 

She ran to me and stated, "Myungsoo...."

"Yes, why? Are you feeling hurt anywhere?" I checked her condition.

"Ahh no. I'm okay."

"Then why did you come out?"

"I heard you talking to someone...."

"M-me? Ah...N-no. I was just alone here." I basically lied.

"Oh. Where's Krystal? Is she okay?"

"K-Krystal? Y--yeah. She's okay."

"But Myungsoo..... I was wondering.... why you didn't save Krystal... but rather saved me?"

"A--ahh. What kind of question is that Jiyeon? Of course I'll save you...... no matter what." I fainted the last sentence.

"Y-You'll save me? N-no.... matter what?" she repeated with shining eyes.

"Aa-ah. I mean, I think you need to listen to music- it relieves stress." I chuckled and handed her my ipod with a pair of earphones. "Here. I'll go check Krystal first." I said as an excuse to get out from her never-ending questions.

"O-oh. Okay." She inserted the earphones into her ears and I bet she started listening to the songs. Then that gave me the timing to say what I wanted to say-

"I'll even risk my life for you Jiyeon.... because I love you." I whispered to myself and I'm sure she won't hear it anyway. Then I left the scene.

 

-Jiyeon's POV-

I inserted the earphones which Myungsoo gave me, into my ears. I was about to play a song when I heard him say something. So I paused to hear what he was about to say.

"I'll even risk my life for you Jiyeon.... because I love you.

Those letters, those words, that statement- penetrated into my heart deeply like a knife stabbed. And literally, it gave me an assurance.... an assurance that what I feel for Myungsoo, is not just an illusion.

"I love you too... Myungsoo." I said to myself.

 

*SORRY SORRY SORRY for the very late update because I have school :3 But this is all what I can say if you'd want the story to end, STAY TUNED AND WAIT FOR THE UPDATE! Comment, subscribe!"