Chapter 3

Man In My Dreams

What is this white light? Where am I?

I turned side to side to determine where I was. Then I saw two people inside the room. One guy was sitting beside me, asleep. There was also a girl who laid down in the sofa, she looked really tired. And one guy, who came from the restroom appeared.

 

"Jiyeon? Jiyeon are you awake?!" Because of his voice, the two people were awaken.

"Doc! Doc we need you here!" I can tell he was panicking. Then just a minute after, the doctor came in. They all gathered around me. Their faces were filled with happiness.

"Jiyeon, are you still hurt anywhere?" the doctor asked.

"No... not anymore.."

"Jiyeon, I'm glad you're okay. I worried a lot!" the guy who slept beside me held my hand and said those words.

"Yeah, but. . . . . . . . who are you?"

-Myungsoo's POV-

I washed my face and looked at myself in the mirror. I could still not forget what happened just a while ago. Everything was too sudden. I hope Jiyeon gets well...soon.

After the accident, I rushed Jiyeon to the hospital together with her sister. JB, who seemed to be Jiyeon's "close" friend, also followed.

As i came out of the restroom, I saw Jiyeon as she slowly opened her eyes and wandered.

"Jiyeon? Jiyeon are you awake?!" I called the doctor as well to check on Jiyeon's condition. JB and Hyomin woke up too.

"Jiyeon, Im glad you're okay. I worried a lot." JB cheekily said.

I feel relieved. Just as much as JB was glad, so was I. But never did i know, that this gladness will only last for a second. Not until she answered-

"Yeah, but. . . . . . . . who are you?"

"Yeah, but .. who are you?" This statement made my world crash. The expressionless face that Jiyeon gave us further made my life useless. My heart forgot to beat for a moment. Literally, all the people who witnessed this statement felt a sudden streak of mental shock. Its as if the neurons in my head stopped sending nerve impulses to my brain, for I didn't know what to do.

This can't be happening.

Finally, Hyomin broke the momentum.

"Jiyeon... you can't be joking. Its me, Hyomin! Your sister! Your one and only relative left in this world!! Please tell me you know me, Jiyeon.. Jiyeon please..." tears started to flow from her eyes. While I stood still as i redefine exaclty what i'm feeling.

"S-sister?" Jiyeon asked. There was a sense of doubtfulness in her eyes.

"Yes, i'm your sister Jiyeon.. You know me right?! Right?!!" 

"S-sorry, but I... don't know you."

Hyomin fell on her knees as she heard those words from her own sister's mouth. They were only the ones left together, and why must this happen now? She must not have been able to carry the weight she's bringing. And so was I. For i know exactly what she feels.

I approached the doctor and asked, "What's happening?"

"Uhm, we might need to perform tests to make sure what's happening. But as of now, I can see that she's experiencing mild amnesia."

"Mild? What does that mean?" Jb asked.

"The cerebral part of her brain which controls the photographic and long-term memory was severely hit due to the accident, which means she might forget about you guys now but if you continue to make her recall things in the past, there is a possibility that her memory may come back."

"Really? Then let's not worry anymore! I have spent my life together with her and we have created a number of memories already!" Hyomin suddenly got up from the floor with a smirk.

"But let me remind you, it takes long. Some were successful and some were not. You just have to make sure that the memory you'll use is one that has taken a huge part of her brain. One that would totally make her think and recall about the past." the doctor explained.

"I think I can handle this," Jb added. "I've known her for so long."

"Well then, I'm leaving it up to you guys." the doctor left.

-JB's POV-

I'm still in a state of shock. I don't understand... why must this happen to an innocent girl like Jiyeon? Why? But since there are still ways for her to recover, I'd give it my all.

"Hyomin, you can go home now. You need to rest and get a hold of yourself. I'll stay here with Jiyeon."

"Okay..I'll come back tomorrow."

"And uh, you? What's your name again?"

"Myungsoo,"

"Yeah, Myungsoo, thank you for taking Jiyeon here. Its alright for you to go now. Hyomin and I can handle things on our own. Thanks again pal." I patted the guy's shoulders hoping it would satisfy him for his efforts.

"Uhh- I would like to h-help.." Myungsoo said.

His eyes widened and flashed. I can feel the sincerity in it. But.. how can he help?

"You know- I go to the same school as Jiyeon. I, myself could take her to school and who knows, her memory might come back upon seeing her classmates and everything else in school.." he continued.

"Well... I could do that as well so there's really no need-"

"No. Please.. I insist. Let me help her." This guy is something. His dedication and determination to help others is unexplainable, or so that's what i felt. The extraordinary aura deep inside him is just too confusing. Anyways, this isn't about me or this guy. This is about Jiyeon. This is all about her.

"Okay. Might as well give it a try, Myungsoo." I smiled to assure him that i was serious in giving my words.

"Thanks. Really." All of a sudden, his mood lightened up. He went to Jiyeon and whispered something. I just couldn't hear what it was. Then he got out of the door. Happily.

Wait for me. I'll come back. I promise.

 

*Hey guys again! Did you enjoy the latest chapter? Was the story good and worthy to update? Well then, please stay tuned if you want to know how Jiyeon's memory will come back! You can also leave some comments for improvements! :D*