Chapter 8

Man In My Dreams

Someone opened the door.

"Hi! You're surprised i came right?-"

"Hey Myungsoo, what are you talking about? Surprised? No.. not really."

It wasn't Jiyeon. The one who opened the door was not Jiyeon.... It's JB.

Why is he here?

"A-aah," I lost for words to say. I was really shocked. What's he doing here? In Jiyeon's house?

"By the way, what are you doing here?

I quickly picked up the dropped chocolates, hid it inside my pocket and said, "A-ah, Jiyeon left something so I came to give it to her." I gave a fake smile to cover up my lie.

"What is it? I'll give it to her." he replied. I searched for the "something" Jiyeon left and panicked because I really did not have "something" to give except the chocolates.

"Myungsoo! You came!" It was Jiyeon this time. She came out of the door and JB quickedly understood the situation and went back inside. He looked like he did not care about my presence.

"Yeah," I can't look at her in the eyes so my head stayed low. I'm confused. I don't know what to feel or what should be the best thing to do.

"Come in," she opened the door for me.

"U-uhh no, I just came here to uh- tell you something," I hesitated.

"What is it?" she replied.

"Uhh- I uh- just want to," I formulated something in my mind and ended up saying, "remind you of the upcoming painting exhibition. I heard it from Hyomin so.. maybe you're still interested. " I grinned.

"Oh. I almost forgot. Thank you for telling me. So, is that all what you've come here for? You sure you don't want to go inside?" she really doubted my reason for coming.

"Yeah, that's all. No, its okay. I'll come another time." I waved at her but did not managed to give a smile. I left the place.

Frustration is killing me. I'm frustrated because I feel really little compared to JB and far from Jiyeon. If not for bringing Jiyeon's memories back, I'd surely distance myself from her. Just like what i did...in the past.

 

-Jiyeon's POV-

A day passed again. The more the time gets longer, the more I lose hope that my memories will return. But i'm sure there will be people that'll help me gain them back.

I arrived in the school. I looked for Myungsoo. He felt really weird yesterday. I wonder if he has a problem or something that bothers his mind. If so, then i guess he'll be needing my help. 

I waited for a while. I was expecting his brilliant appearance again. But several minutes passed and he still hasn't showed. Time was running so I headed straight to my class. I thought that maybe he's just busy and for sure, he'll meet me during lunch time.

 

 

Its lunch time, finally. Ugh, where could that Myungsoo be? I usually wait for five minutes and he'll automatically appear by the door waving at me but now, I see no sign of him.

Oh yeah. I remembered he told me that his room is just across mine. Let me take a look.

 

I went to his room and searched for him. And yes, i found him, taking a nap on his desk. I looked around to check if his classmates were around. There are only a few so i stepped in to his room. I approached him and whispered to his ears, "Myungsoo... I'm hungry."

He jumped out of his chair and stared at me. "Oh, its you." and went back to sit. I did not expect this reaction. I, at least thought that he'd be happy to see me, just like what his everyday reaction is.

What's this all of a sudden?

"Hey! Aren't we going to tour the school today?" I asked him. 

"No." It was his only reply, no gestures, no emotions. He really looked serious... and annoyed. Oops, I think i did something wrong. Myungsoo took a nap again, and ignored me completely.

I hit his head with my hand and he screamed for pain. He stood up and yelled, "Hey!! What are you doing?!" I ignored his complaint and grabbed his hand. "Come on, I still have many more to know about my school." He was shocked because i suddenly held his hand. He wanted to rebel but I already dragged him. Grin.

 

-Myungsoo's POV-

We arrived in front of the painting club. Jiyeon is still holding my hand. 

"Here," she pointed at the room. "You reminded me yesterday about the painting exhibition right? So here we are. You're gonna help me right?" she pouted her lips.

"Let go of me!" I said and forced my hand to let go from hers. She was shocked and dropped my hand. My head was low. I don't know why i'm behaving like this. 

"Myungsoo!! Why are you being like this?!" she yelled. I did not answer because I also wasn't sure of what to say. 

The hallway was filled with silence. Then my mouth finally opened, "JB.......what was he doing yesterday at your house? What are you two really!?... Why can't you just remember the past and recall if you two were dating!!!"

"What?! JB? Why does he concern you so much?! JB is just a friend! Besides, Hyomin unnie told me that JB often visits the house because he was a really close friend of the family and was just checking on us yesterday!" She went inside the painting club room, annoyed and irritated. "If you don't want to help, then don't!" 

That statement awakened me from being self-centered. I realized i was only thinking of myself and forgot the whole situation. If Jiyeon said JB's only a friend, then that's it. Why do i have to react to something that does not involve me anyway? Fix yourself Myungsoo. Fix this situation. "That's one thing I can't do. No matter what, I promised myself to help you Jiyeon. A-and.. I-im sorry. I'm sorry for being short-sighted and for barging in your life." I followed her inside. 

The room was filled with different paintings. She looked at them one by one. I watched her silently. She really focused on each painting she saw. She went to the corner and found a painting, covered with cloth. She removed the cloth and stared at it. Her eyes widened. She was somewhat shocked by what she saw. She paused to find air for a moment.... and then fell down on her knees. I quickly ran to her. She was lying down, eyes closed. She fainted.

"Jiyeon!! Jiyeon are you okay? Jiyeon.. Jiyeon what happened?-" I glanced at the painting. It wasn't something shocking or what. I'm confused.

What happened?

 

*Heeey Guys! Here's the latest chapter! So, did you enjoy it? And are you also curious as to why Jiyeon fainted? What do you think happened? Stay tuned and I'll update it soon enough! Please subscribe me and don't forget to leave comments! :D*