Chapter 13

Man In My Dreams

-Daehyun's POV-

Deep breathe. Aaaahh.. I missed the air in Korea. Finally, I'm back.

I'm Daehyun. I just came back from Europe from taking my masters degree in Business Management. I came to Korea to visit someone. Sigh. Its good to be back. Kimchi stew, ddukbokki, samgyupsal... Oh how I miss them. Slurps.

Now that I think of it.. and anyways I'm here in Korea, why don't i grab some of those and make my growling stomach, full? Hmmm.

 

There. I saw a nearby restaurant. I came in and ordered two serves of kimchi stew, a pot of ddukbokki, and a whole pan of samgyupsal. Ahhhh. I'm full. Burps.

I approached the cashier to pay for my meal, "How much is it?"

"180 won sir."

I grabbed my wallet to take out some money but i figured that I don't have any won but dollars instead. Crap. I was too excited about eating that I forgot to change my money into won.

"Uh- I'm sorry but my money is in dollars, do you know where the nearest money changer here is?"

"Ahh. Then can i have your name sir?"

I picked out my business card and handed it to the cashier. "Here."

"The money changer is located on the left of the airport sir. You go straight from here and there will be a bus stop, you turn left."

"Okay. Thanks. I'll be back."

I went outside the store and followed the instructions that was given. I went straight, reached the bus stop, and turned left.

There. I can see the money changer. 

I continued walking towards it and finally, i reached it. I changed my money into won and went back.

But as i was on my way back, there's this girl who came out from the airport. I observed her for a while. She stopped walking and cried in the middle of the street. Is she crazy or what? Nevertheless, I find it cute.

I approacher her and touched her shoulders with my index finger. "Uh- excuse me?"

She turned around and face me. "E-eh?" Her face was so pure and together with the wind that blew, her yellow, brown hair smoothly brushed against her shoulder. I don't understand why a girl like her is crying.

"Did you know that..... it is prohibited to cry on the street?" I flashed a cool smile. Most girls usually fall for this kind of smile though. I grinned.

"W-what?"

But i guess a cool smile won't work on her. So i tried a cheesy move. "Here." I handed her my very expensive handkerchief and added, "Wipe your tears."

I could see that she was slightly moved by that "cheesy move" that i did.

"Who.... who are you?"

Here comes the introduction part. "Daehyun. My name is Daehyun." I offered my so-delicate-with-no-calluses-hands to shake on hers.

She was doubting to accept my hand but in the end, she grabbed it. 

Oh? I thought only I, have that so-delicate-with-no-calluses hands but the moment hers touched on mine, I felt her ultra-super-delicate-smooth-and-fluffy hands were no match to mine. And so it took long for me to let go of hers.

"Uh--" I smiled an awkward smile.

-Jiyeon's POV-

This guy is weird. I shaked his hands but he won't let go. I can also sense an awkwardness in the atmosphere. Its odd. Really.

I broke that awkwardness at last. "Hey,"

He dropped my hand and smiled. "Uh--"

"Look, I need to go," I wiped my tears with his handkerchief. "Thanks for this." I pointed at the handkerchief.

I walked towards the bus stop, but he grabbed my hand. "W-wait,"

"What?"

"The handkerchief...."

"What about it?" I turned to face him.

"Give it back." he smirked.

"Oh- Here," I handed him his hanky.

"Wooooah," he let go of my hand and refused to take back his hanky.

"Now what? I thought you wanted this back?"

"Well uh- won't you..... wash it for me? You know... you already used that to wipe your face and uh-- germs... and bacteria.." he stucked his hands on his pocket and stooped his shoulders.

Gosh.

This guy is crazy. Weird.

"If you're so worried about the 'germs and bacteria', why would you even bother ot get this back? You're crazy.."

"Its expensive.... so yeah. I won't let my money go to waste." he grinned.

"You're really crazy, you know that?!"

"Yeah.. I am." He still managed to smile even though he's showing off.

"Fine. I'm gonna wash this today, and return it to you tomorrow. Right here, on the same time. Okay?" I said that on purpose to be able to immediately leave the scene.

"W-wait.."

I really lost my temper and yelled, "What now?! I already told you I'd return it to you!! Aissh!"

"Y-your number.... I need your phone number... you know, just in case you don't show up.."

I took a piece of paper from my bag, wrote my number, grabbed the guy's hand, and dumped the paper in it. "Now, is there anything else Daehyun?"

He looked at the paper, looking satisfied. "Thanks for this... So, I'm gonna see you tomorrow and make sure that that hankerchief would be sparkling clean!" He left running. 

Weird.

Just weird.

I glanced at my watch and realized that its already 1:30! OMG. I'm gonna be late! I mean, I'M LAAAAATE!

-Myungsoo's POV-

Its 2:00. It's time for  my shift in the canteen. 

I walked to the hallway and I saw this girl running towards me.

"Myungsoooo!" she yelled while gasping for air.

"J-J-Jiyeon?! You just came back now?"

"Y-yeah.. Can we take a s-sit?" 

I guided her to one of the benches in the hallway.

"You need water? I'll go get it." I ran back to the room and looked for my water. I went back to Jiyeon. "Here."

Jiyeon drank the water like a willd animal that was exiled into the desert without an oasis for a year.

"By the way, where have you been? What happened?"

She calmed down a bit and explained, "I went to the airport to see JB on his way off to US, but unfortuantely, I did not catch him."

"I thought JB would leave next week?"

"N-no. He moved the date. And that was today."

"So... you came to see him off? Then you figured you were late and ended up running towards here?"

"Yeah. Exactly." she smiled like a silly kid.

"Really... you silly girl.." I patted her head like a cute puppy hungry for food.

"Plus, i met a weird, crazy, random guy." She scratched her head and added, "Aissh. If only he did not appear, I would've been late! Arrrgh!"

"W-why? Did anything happen?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Not really. Its just that... Ugh! He irritates me." 

"Well.. now that you've calmed down, why don't you go now to your class? Its 2:00 anyways, perfect timing for your next subect."

"Yeah." she stood up and handed me the water. "I'm going!"

"Okay. I'll be in the canteen." I also stood up and picked up my bottled water.

I continued walking across the hallway.. but there's something that bothers me, I just couldn't point it out.

I thought for a moment...

 

I looked at the bottled water I was holding and.. Wait.. if this is my water, and.. Jiyeon drank from it... Does this mean that--?

 

Indirect kiss?! With Jiyeon??? 

This is way too fantastical. Hey Myungsoo, its just a water anyway. No big deal okay? NO BIG DEAL.

 

The next day.

-Jiyeon's POV-

Ugh. Is that Daehyun guy really crazy? From his looks, I can tell that he's rich. But why would he even bother to retrieve that handkerchief from me? Annoying really.

I heard myself complaining but I found myself outside the gate waiting for a taxi. 

I arrived at last. I arrived at exactly the place where I met that guy yesterday. In front of the airport. At the same time.

I waited for a few minutes. Don't tell me he's gonna come? Arrgh. I knew it, he's gonna play me all along.

I was about to leave the place and go back to the house when my phone beeped.

It wrote, "Hey. You came right? I can't go there because I have something to do so, YOU come to me okay?"

My phone beeped again.

It wrote, "Come to this place. Bistro Restaurant. Its across the airport. You go straight and turn right. 2 minutes. Starts... NOW."

I closed my phone in panic and immediately looked for that restaurant. Aisssh. Is this guy really playing on me? I should not have met this guy in the first place!! Now I got this one of a hell situation!

-Daehyun's POV-

Hahaha. This is really funny. I told her I can't go but the truth is, I'm just waiting here in the restaurant having a nice free time. I don't know why I act like this though. Maybe because of what I felt yesterday when our hands touched? Well then, let's give this a try.

I waited for a few minutes. I told her ther'e 2 minutes only. Hhhmm. What should I do if she doesn't reach her within 2 minutes? Hmmm, right. I'm gonna let her pay for my meal today. Evil laugh.

I glanced at my watch and 1 minute and 40 seconds has passed. 20 seconds left..... 10, 9, 8, 7 , 6, 5, 4, 3, 2,-- Hehe. Looks like someone's going to treat me today. 1.

"I'm here!! O-okay I'm here!! Daehyun!" she entered the restaurant shouting. Cute. She's really cute.

-Jiyeon's POV-

"I'm here!! O-okay I'm here!! Daehyun!" i shouted as soon as i entered the restaurant. No wonder the people stared at me like a damn fool.

I searched for Daehyun. He waved his hand from a distant table. 

Uggghh! Daehyun..... i'm gonna make you pay for this!! I walked towards him and was really willing to take him down to the floor.

"Have a sit." he 'politely' said.

"NO THANKS." I looked at his face. I looked at him from head to toe, scrutinizing every part of this jerk. But--

"Ughh. It hurts again...." i leaned to the table to search for balance.

"Hey.. are you acting or what?" 

"M-my head... it hurts a-again.."

 

*HEYYYYY GUYSSSSS! I KNOW ITS BEEN TWO DAYS SINCE I LAST UPDATED THIS SO I WROTE IN CAPITALS TO EXPRESS MY APOLOGY LOL XD. BY THE WAY, THIS CHAPTER IS LONG SO I HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT. AND ARE YOU CURIOUS AS TO WHY JIYEON'S HEAD HURTS AGAIN? WHAT COULD THIS POSSIBLY MEAN? YOU'LL KNOW IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. I'M REALLY SORRY FOR DELAYING THE UPDATE AND FOR BEING A LAZY AUTHOR-NIM. *TEARY* PLEASE STAY TUNED AND SUBSCRIBE MEEEEE <3*