Chapter 24

Man In My Dreams

May 6, 2009.

 

I was in the first year of middle school when I met her. Krystal. My first love.

 

On one sunny day, I spotted a girl sitting on a bench, crying. She looked same-aged with me. I was 14 years old that time.

I was busy an ice cream in my hands from afar when I saw her like that. She was worse than 4-year old kid in crying- her hands covered her whole face and she made a howling noise whille rubbing her face. I constantly observed her and then I decided to approach her, of course- to know why she's crying.

"Hey, why are you crying?" I whispered, faintly. She did not reply, but instead- cried heavily.

I went nearer and checked if she's hurt anywhere or what. Then i noticed an ice cream, splattered on the ground. I looked at her face and spotted some ice cream on . Silly girl. Crying over an ice cream? I said to myself. 

I stared at the ice cream I was holding in my hands. I thought that maybe I could give it to her, but i it already. So I thought of a brilliant idea. 

I dropped it- down to the ground and it splattered as well.

"Hey~" I patted the girl's shoulders. "I dropped mine too." I added and sat on the bench, beside her. "You're not alone... you know that?" I smirked and looked at the sky.

Immediately, the girl stopped crying and she stared at me, full of wonder.

"W-who are you?" she muttered.

"Myungsoo." I offered my hand to her, "Kim Myungsoo." then I flashed a smile.

That day, was our first meeting- and things escalated quickly.

 

September 3, 2009.

"Here. I bought you some." I handed her a cone of ice cream. "Tired?" I continued and she accepted the ice cream.

"Yeah~ a bit." 

"Is it really tiring to walk across that stage over and over again?"

"You won't know if you won't try," she stuck her tongue out and pouted.

"And you're wearing high heels- which makes you taller than me. Tch." I complained.

"Its alright. We still suit each other. Keke." she answered and walked ahead of me- onto her next show. 

Krystal, is a fashion artist. At an early age, her charms are incredibly appearing. Thus, several fashion companies and famous brands, indulge her presence in their products. And then there's me, her one and only Personal Assistant and supporter. For the past 3 months, we already go to know each other well, and we also became close. She revealed everything about her and I did the same. Modeling, was her passion ever since. And she'll do whatever it takes to reach her dream. 

 

December 24, 2009.

It was Christmas Eve. And it was also the day when I decided to let my true feelings out. I'm going to confess to Krystal.

I told her to meet me in front of the church exactly when the bell rings at 12:00. I made my way there and I patiently waited for her.

After a few minutes, she came. "Myungsoo, what is it?" she gasped.

"I-i have something to.... tell y-you,"

"What?"

I brought all of my courage together and spoke, " I.... like you. W-will you, go out with me?"

As expected, she was shocked and I was bothered by that. But seconds after, her shocked face brightened and it gave me a glimpse of hope.

"Myungsoo-- is it okay, if I tell you the answer tomorrow?" she pleaded.

"Y-yeah sure. Take your time." I cannot think of any better answer to that statement. "I'll go to your house tomorrow." I added to close our agreement. She nodded.

 

The next day.

I woke earlier than usual and headed straightly to her house. It was like 8:00 am. 

With mixed emotions of nervousness and excitedness, I pressed the doorbell of their house. I turned around and sighed deeply, hoping it would ease my feelings of uncertainty. 

But opposite of what I've imagined- there was no response from the house, and not even a sign of Krystal's presence. I wondered but still I waited for a couple of minutes--- and hours.

I pressed the doorbell again with my patience at its peak of giving up. It was already 11:00 am and I'm still standing there under the scorching heat of the sun. And all of a sudden- I felt something bad about this whole situation. I just can't draw out the reason behind this feeling.

Coincidentally, a middle-aged lady came by and noticed me. "Hey kid, what are you doing in front of the house?" she asked and pointed Krystal's house. 

"I-i told her I'd meet her here- in her house." I shakingly said.

"Aigoo you poor kid~ You won't see her there-" 

"E-eh? W-why?"

"Didn't she tell you? She just left this dawn..."

"Left? Where?" My mind was further confused by the lady's explanations.

"She and her family is migrating to the United States. I heard their daughter was offered a big time promotion by an advertising company. It suits the girl though- you know, her being a model. Aigoo, how lucky for them."

"Did you just say... that the girl was a m-model?"

"Yeah. So young in age but is already an aspiring fashion artist. So if I were you kid, go back home alright? Aigoo~" the lady left.

 

I can't believe Krystal left. She left me behind. Why? Am I not good enough for her? Is that it? 

"Myungsoo- is it okay if I give you the answer tomorrow?"

Then why did she even told me that? To make a fool out of me? But I guess I was a fool then-- because I believed her stupid promise. I should have known that all this time, I never became important to her. That all this time, her dreams is her top priority and that I just comes last. I think love--- is just an illusion after all, because it makes you blind.... without even knowing about it. 

Tears started to roll down from my face- maybe because of the pain, the pain she left.

Krystal. My first love. My first heartache.

--

 

- Myungsoo's POV-

"You.... what are you doing here?" I grinded my teeth and clenched my fist after seeing her face again. The exact face who I adored 4 years ago.

"O-oppa,"

"I said... what are you doing here?" Without knowing, I was tightening my grip on Jiyeon's hands who was beside me. 

"Can we talk?" 

"What's there to talk about?" I replied in a sarcastic tone. But then Jiyeon held my hand and spoke, "Myungsoo, you need to talk. I'm okay-" she slowly loosened my hand from its grip on hers. The next moment, she already walked away through the hallway. 

"What do you want?" I said.

"Can't we talk in a more private place? Not here..." she protested.

 

 

We came in the laboratory. I agreed with her and we came up with this place- which is a more private place. I also hate other people seeing me together with this girl.

"Now, would you tell me already what you want?" I leaned by the window.

"Myungsoo- I'm sorry. I know I left you without any proper reason and I'm really sorry for that. I came back for you- because I realized I have done you so much wrong and pain. I already gave up my fashion career in the United States, I even turned my back on my own family, just to came back here-- to come back to you. I... just want to say that, its not too late yet-- we could start all over again."

I thought for a moment before I opened my mouth and flashed a slight smirk, "Came back? Gave up? For me? Are you kidding?!  4 years!! Krystal, 4 years you left me... alone. I suffered every second, every hour, every day- knowing that you left me just because of your damn dream! Didn't you know... that it hurts a lot to me... that all this time, for almost 7 months, I did not matter even a single pint to you?! I almost gave up... I almost gave up on hoping that you'll come back someday. And now.. you appear in front of me all of a sudden, telling me that you want me back?! After 4 years of loneliness... 4 years of having a broken heart, you've just realized what you've done to me NOW?! Couldn't you be any more harsh?" I felt drops of water were slowly rolling down my face, and I carefully wiped them away.

"M-myungsoo...." she shakingly replied. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry... I did not know that this would happen. If only I knew before, I would have never left you- I would have never risk you." she went near me and held my hand. "But we're just kids that time - 4 years ago.... we could have mistaken what we've felt. And now, I'm certain of my feelings... please Myungsoo- let's give ourselves a second chance." 

I looked at her hand and dropped it. "Yes we were kids back then. And I guess the love I've felt at that time, was just an illusion. An illusion- that would never come back, ever again." I walked towards the door of the room, preparing to go out.

"M-myungsoo--" she muttered as if it was the last words that would convince me. 

I turned around and spoke, "Don't worry, because last semester- I found a girl, sitting on a bench in the soccerfield, an ice cream. It was the first time I saw her and also the first time when I felt my heart beat again. And now I'm sure, this love is not an illusion anymore." I went out of the room.

 

*HEYYYOOO :) I'M BACKK! I HOPE WITH THIS NEW CHAPTER, YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT OCURRED BETWEEN KRYSTAL AND MYUNGSOO. AND STAY TUNED BECAUSE FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER, IT WILL BE A FUN EXPERIENCE AS THE SCHOOL GOES WITH THEIR FIRST FIELD TRIP!! BUT... WILL KRYSTAL BE STILL IN THEIR WAY? YOU'LL KNOW SOON ^^ COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE!!*