Chapter 12

Man In My Dreams

[2 days after]

-Jiyeon's POV-

Its monday. It means another day for me to remember things that will give answers to my endless questions.

And also, it means another day at school.

"Unnie, didn't JB visit yesterday?"

"No."

"Eh? Then what about his farewell party? He's leaving for US this week right? We should at least give him a farewell party." I grabbed a sliced bread and put it in the toaster.

"Didn't you know?! JB moved the date of his departure..." 

"Really? W-when?" There was excitement inside myself as i pulled out the toasted bread. Yes, JB thought of me as more than his friend, but nevertheless, I still think of him as a close friend... a friend who has taken care of me in the past.

"He's leaving now. Today. At noon." 

I was about to put the toasted bread into my mouth, but when Hyomin said that, the bread dropped from my hands and therefore halted its flight to my savoring mouth.

"What?! Did you say TODAY?!"

"Yeah. I thought you knew because you were close... b-but seriously, he didn't tell you?"

"N-no. He didn't." I stopped eating, took my bag, and headed to school.

 

 

 

As expected, as i reached the gate, Myungsoo brilliantly appeared.

"Hey," he said.

"Hi."

"You look down today... did something happen?"

"Uh- No. N-nothing happened." I said that nothing happened but the truth is, I was affected by the fact that JB is leaving today and the way that he didn't even tell me about it.

"Come on.. I know that look. Tell me, what's the problem?" 

"I said nothing Myungsoo. Nothing happened okay? You don't have to worry about it." I left him and went to class first.

"O-okay. If its like that..." he also followed me and headed to his class too.

 

 

 

The morning classes ended and even a bit, I did not remember a single thing from the 5 subjects we've had. I guess I'm really bothered by JB's sudden departure.

 

Its lunch. I remembered Hyomin said JB's flight will be at noon. I thought about it, that maybe if I go to the airport now, I would still catch him and be able to give him a proper goodbye.

-Myungsoo's POV-

Its lunch. Let me go and take a look on Jiyeon, might as well invite her to eat together.

 

I walked to her room expecting that she was excitedly waiting for my appearance. 

I arrived at her class' door and immediately searched for her. I looked around, but I did not see her.

Huh? She was just normally just right here, eagerly waiting for me.

I looked for the second time and maybe my eyes just slipped past her. But still, I failed to see her. I decided to ask her classmates,

"Excuse me, but uh- Jiyeon-ssi, have you seen her?"

"Yeah. She went outside just a while ago."

"Really? Did you know where she's headed to?"

"Uh- No. She didn't say a thing."

"O-okay. Thanks." I stormed outside and thought that maybe I could still see her on her way off. But as i reached the gate, I saw no sign of her.

I asked the guard, "Guard, have you seen a girl with a yellow, brown hair who left the school just a while ago?"

"Oh yeah. She left just now. She must have taken a taxi already. I guess you're a minute late dude." he explained.

I'm too late. My mind was telling me to chase her, but there's a part of it too who wants me to stop barging in into Jiyeon's life.

 

After giving it a thought, I decided to do number 2. I'm gonna stop interfering with Jiyeon's businesses and stop overreacting to such small things which don't concern me at all. And so I went back to the campus and ate alone.

-Jiyeon's POV-

I arrived at the airport. I looked on the flights on the boards and spotted one which was headed for US. It states GATE 2, 12:30 pm.

I looked around and figured that I was located in GATE 1. I quickedly ran to GATE 2. I glanced at my watch.... it's 12:26 already. I know the situation is hopeless but at least a shadow of JB would keep me calm.

I went to the Information Center and asked if the flight departing for the US has already left.

"Ah yeah. Its leaving now maam."

"W-what?.."

With some sort of last hope. I ran towards the gate, "Excuse me, uh- I just need to see my friend..."

"Maam, I'm sorry but you need a ticket to go inside."

"N-no, its very important... please!"

"I'm really sorry maam." One of the guards escorted me outside the gate. I tried to let go but his grip is just strong. 

"P-please... please let me see JB..." I begged the guard.

"Whoever that JB is, I guess you won't see him anymore.." the guard said and dumped me.

"Hey! You can't do this to me!! Heyyy!" I yelled. 

I glanced at my watch and its already 12:30. By that time, the hope I was holding on for the very last time, was gone. 

I heard the revving sound of the airplane as it departed, and along with it.... JB was gone too. My friend was gone. The friend who spent his lifetime being with me and taking care of me, suddenly disappeared.... because of me. No one and nothing else, just me. I'm the reason for his disappearance. I'm the reason for all of this.

As the sound from the airplane faded, my phone beeped. I picked it as I walked towards outside the gate. Its a text mesage. It wrote, 

"Jiyeon-ah, no matter what happens, I love you and you know that... And because of this never ending love that i have for you...... I have to let you go. Don't forget that whenever you have problems, you can always count on me and I'll come running to you. Please remember that the JB you knew today, was the JB you have known in the past. I'll always be here for you so please, be happy. :) -JB"

I stopped walking and suddenly, tears started to flow from my eyes. It was only just a few drops at first, but as I thought of JB and how he has been good to me, tears started to flow non-stop. It was like waterfalls suddenly formed in my face. I cried..... and cried like a pathetic child. I continued crying for like two minutes but I didn't give a damn for the people who thought I was crazy or what. Someone important to me was lost and I need to grieve about it.

 

 

 

 

"Uh- excuse me?" someone touched my shoulder. I turned to face that someone.

"E-eh?"

He smiled and said, "Hey, did you know its prohibited..... to cry on the street?"

"W-what?!"

"Here," he handed me a handkerchief and smiled, "Wipe your tears."

I accepted his handkerchief and asked, "W-who.. are you?"

"Daehyun. My name is Daehyun." he offered his hands to shake on mine.

 

*Hey guys! There's a new character! Daehyun! Do you know him? Daehyun of BAP? I used him because his eyes look exactly like Jiyeon's!! There will be a HUGE TWIST on the story, but I still guarantee you that this is a MYUNGYEON fanfic. So if you want to know what Daehyun's role will be on the story, please wait patiently on the next update!!:D*