Chapter 22: Daehyun's New Beginning

Man In My Dreams

-Daehyun's POV-

"Hi. Good evening." I bowed and greeted the person sitting on the mat as i went inside. Mr. Park, my business partner. I guess Myungsoo by now, already knows what's happening and YES- I already set this whole thing up. Because as what I've promised, I'm giving up on Jiyeon. 

"Hello Mr. Kim. Have a seat."

"Ah, yeah. Thank you." I replied as I sat and made myself comfortable. 

"So uh- how's business going?" he asked.

"Its going good. I guess studying in Europe made a great impact. And also, thanks to you- and to my investors." i smirked. 

Our conversation continued like that~ talking about business stuff. The night also went deeper without me noticing it.

-Hyosung's POV-

Ugh. Its getting late. Why does my boss want me to get this scoop at this hour? Such thoughtless person. 

Jeon Hyosung. 23. I work for a broadcasting station and my specialty is getting the latest news. My parents died in a car accident and I was left, together with my 18 year old brother. I was forced to undergo early job to support him and his education. I am from Busan but I am currently renting an apartment here in Seoul. Lately, life for me has been tough. My brother was diagnosed with a heart problem and si I work double time to support the maintenance of his medicine. There were no other relatives who have come for us and if ever there is, they'd just stop by and leave. So it left me no choice, but to engage in working.

"Hey! Jeon Hyosung! There's a fire in Gwangju area!! Go and get the news!!"

"Hyosung! A notorious druglord was apprehended in Ilsan!! Cover the story!"

"Ms. Jeon! A presscon for the launch of T-ara N4's newest album will be held in Seoul's District Office!! Prepare questions and get the scoop!"

These yells and commands were usual in my daily life ever since I became a part of the KBS media company. I run here and there, depending on where the news is. Even if its a strong typhoon, or a hardcore killer, I would always risk my life for it if I don't want to lose my job.

And that's exactly what I'm doing here in Hanbok Hills, Gangnam. It was reported that T-ara's Soyeon and MBLAQ's Seungho was spotted dating in this place. So I came immdiately to acquire some important scoop.

I went to the receptionist and asked, "Excuse me but, is it true that MBLAQ's Seungho and T-ara's Soyeon was spotted here?"

"Ah-- Yeah. Earlier this day, Seungho ssi even booked a reservation, and it seems like he came with Soyeon today." the receptionist replied.

"Ahhh~ so uh- what did they wear? Is it casual or did they disguised themselves?" I asked again. Well, this was the key to my job anyway- asking questions for as many as I can.

"Hmmm, Seungho ssi came wearing a suit, while Soyeon came wearing a dress and a bandana that covered , then wore sunglasses-"

"Ahhh~ really? So uhh- did you notice anything unusual from their actions? Anything weird?" I stated while my hands were busy writing down her replies.

"There was nothing unusual though. They just walked by themselves, without managers or bodyguards."

"Ahh~ I see. So what time did they leave the place?"

"Leave? They did not leave yet--" My eyes widened and almost popped out and I thought, This might be a big scoop-- A chance for me to be promoted~~

"W-what room are they in?"

"Uhh-- That, I cannot tell maam." the receptionist protested. I couldn't blame her either, its too private for me to know.

"Uhhh- you can trust me, I promise you," I assured her.

"Ah, I'm really sorry maam, but I can't tell you-"

"Hey.... did you know I'll get fired if I don't get this scoop? Pleasseee, just tell me. I won't make a ruckus or anything!" I lost my cool, just thinking about losing my job.

"Maam, I'm sorry but I can call the guards to pull you away," she threatened.

"A--ahh. I understand. There's no need to call the guards, I'm leaving--" I smiled and with a puppy eyes, I turned my back and ran.

"Heyy! Maam, where are you going?!" she yelled. 

"If you won't tell me, I'll find them myself!!!" I replied while running as fast as I could and instantly, I disappeared from the lobby.

 

Hmmm. I wonder what room are they in... But I think its the one for the VIPs. I checked the place and looked for the VIP section. But all this time, all i saw were ordinary rooms. Maybe its upstairs? 

I hurriedly took the elevator and climbed up to the second floor. And as i went out the door, I saw two guards running across the hallway. Crap. I guess they're looking for me. 

I immediately turned around and pretended that I was a guest in the place. Luckily, they didn't notice me. As I felt that they already left, I proceeded to my work. Finding the rumored couple.

I was about to lose hope and give up when I glanced a signboard saying "VIP SECTION"

I then, prepared my DSLR camera and ran to the area when-

 

"Owwww~ Yaah! Are you crazy?!" i screamed in pain.

"Ah-- sorry miss,"

"Sorry?! "I immediately stood up when I saw my camera lying on the floor, with its lens shattered, "UGHHH! Look?! Is that all what your sorry is for?!" I grabbed it and pouted. Just then- I spotted Soyeon and Seungho coming out from the room. I quickedly took the camera and posed to take a picture, but I realized it was already broken. 

I glared at the guy and said, "HEEEYY! Look at what you've done! I'm gonna lose my job because of you! Aisssh!! Crazy!" then I walked out, grieving.

-Daehyun's POV-

"So uh- thanks for accepting my dinner invitation Mr. Park," I took out my hand and offered it for a shake. 

"Ah, its my pleasure Mr. Kim,"

"Shall I you outside?" I opened the door for him.

"Ahh- no. I'm okay. I'll go by myself." he declined with a smile.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah." he nodded. "See you Mr. Kim," then waved his hand and bidded goodbye. 

I watched him walk through the hallway then I went back to the room. I looked at the papers scattered on the table and piled them up before putting in my suitcase. 

Finally, the suitcase's lock clicked which means its already closed, along with the papers in. Lastly, I checked the room if there is anything left and after verifying that there was nothing, I held the door and slid it open. 

I stepped outside and glanced at my watch, woaah~ 11 pm already. I hurried and walked towards the hallway when-

"Oww. Yah! Are you crazy?!"

"Ah-- sorry miss,"

"Sorry?! Is that all what you're sorry for?!" she pointed at the shattered camera on the floor. She took it and posed as if taking a picture of a couple who just came outside of a room. "Ugh! Hey you! I'll lose my job because of you!! Aissh! Crazy!!" she blurted then walked out.

Just when she disappeared from the hallway, I saw something on the floor. Its a piece of paper- or more like a card. I picked it up. It says, Jeon Hyosung. News Editor. KBS Media Company. with a 4x4 sized picture attached. 

"This-" I ran through the place to find her but she was gone already. I had no choice but to head home and find her tomorrow.

 

The next morning.

I yawned the moment I came out of my room. I went to the living room and opened the curtains. My eyes naturally closed as the sun's rays strucked it. I then, decided to sit on the couch and take a nap before eating breakfast.

As i went to close my eyes, I noticed something on the table. I picked it and realized that it was the ID from the girl yesterday. I stared at her face and remembered all the things that she said to me,

"Yah! Sorry?!"

"Are you crazy?!"

"I'm going to lose my job because of you!!!" while she was whining over her broken camera. 

Without knowing, I was smirking over what happened.

"Hey hyung, why are you smiling over an ID? Have you gone crazy? I think you lack sleep..."

"Heyy--" I returned to the real world when Myungsoo took the card away from my hands. 

"Hmmm. Jeon Hyosung? Who is she hyung?" 

"Ahh- No one. I-i just found that on the street..."

"Ayyyy-- found on the street? You just found it and you're smiling over it like crazy," 

"Its just that-- I remembered something funny,"

"Funny huh? B-but hyung... yesterday--"

"Ahh. What happened yesterday was never against my will Myungsoo. I'm your hyung right? And i'll always be here for you... you know that."

"I know that... but I'm just worried for you-"

"Ayyy, there's no need to be worried. J-- just go on with your life." I winked.

"Y-yeah. I will.... and you too!" Myungsoo slapped my head in a jokingly manner.

"Hey hey hey-- that hurt huh. You better eat your breakfast. I prepared some."

"How about you? Aren't you going to eat?" 

"Ahh-- I'm just gonna return this-" I pointed the ID in my hands.

"Oh, okay."

I went to my room and changed my clothes into a plain white v-necked shirt and inserted a brown leather jacket. 

"I'm going!" I yelled as soon as I came out of the door and it slammed.

 

 

Cheongju, Chungcheongbuk-do. This was the address written on that girl's ID. I reached the place and looked around. She must be living somewhere here. 

Coincidentally, I spotted an elder and I approached her. 

"Excuse me but, do you know someone here who's name is Jeon Hyosung?"

"What did you say? Jeon Hyosung?"

"Yes. Jeon Hyosung." I said it aloud in case she haven't heard it clearly.

"She's one of my boarders. She never pays the rent and yet she still comes here. She's really a trouble for my business!"

"A--hh. Is that so? Then, could you tell me what room is hers?"

"Why? Will you pay her rent? I dont care what's your business with her, all i want is my money!"

"Aa--hh-

 

 

Room number 403. 

According to the elder, this was the room occupied by that girl. 

I knocked two times and stepped back. 

No one seems to be inside because i hear no noises, or maybe-- she's just asleep.

I held her ID in my hands and waited for 3 minutes. 

-Hyosung's POV-

What to do? Should I go to the office and tell them I got nothing from yesterday? Or.. should I just step up and say that the rumored couple who was spotted dating was not true? 

Aisssh! If not because of that guy, I would not have a hard time thinking about this!!! Aassshh! --I better take a bath first, to cool myself down.

I took a shower when I heard a faint knock from the door. Hm, i wonder who is it? Maybe its the landlady! Aissh, I'm really broke now... how could i pay the rent?

-Daehyun's POV-

I was about to give up and turned my back to head back home when the door opened.

"Grandmother... i really have no money now-- can i just pay the rent next week?" a girl's voice came to my ears.

"Uh- its not what I'm here for-" I turned around and faced her. But I was shocked by what I saw.

 

Wrapped in a towel from her chest down to her knees, with wet hair falling through its shoulders while her hands were busy rubbing another towel to each strand of her hair. 

I don't know where to look but all i know was I was literally staring at her, her body particularly-- from head to toe.

 

"H--ee---yy~~ YOOOUUU! KYAAAAAA!! ERT!!!!!" out of nowhere she was screming like crazy.

"H--ey-- I did not mean to- I just, want to give this back to you-" I was really eager to explain things, that I just want to give back her ID but she went insane. 

"KYAAAAA! GET OUT!!! I'M GONNA CALL THE POLICE!!!!" she took a broom and whipped it hardly against me. Not only that-- she also grabbed a mini vase and dropped it to my head. Luckily, my reflexes were faster than I thought and so I was able to cover my head and prevented it from cracking.

 

I slowly lifted my head and took a glance at the situation. Just then I realized that she was gone already and the door slammed. So i knelt down and inserted her ID through the gap of the door. "Please don't misunderstand...." I whispered.

I fixed myself then I head out of the building.

 

-Hyosung's POV-

Aissshh! Is he a stalker? A erted stalker? How did he know where I was living? Should... i really report him to the police?

I changed my clothes and went to call the police station. The telephone was located on the stool beside the door. 

I was about to pick the phone and dial the number when I noticed something under the door. I picked it up and realized that it was my ID. 

Who could have put this here? Maybe a concerned person? Now that I think of it.. i haven't seen this this morning.

Just then, footsteps approached my room, and a knock followed. 

I opened the door and knew that it was the landlady. Crap. Will i get pulled out from my room? I'll just put on a drama.

"Halmoni~ i really have no money right now... I promise to pay you the next week." I immediately faked tears so that it'll look real.

"Aigooo~ you poor kid!!" she screamed out and it scared the hell of me.

"Halmoni~~" the tears were more severe by now, i guess?

"Hey-- why are you crying? Your rent is already paid. For two months."

"E--eh!? I haven't paid.. yet."

"There was a guy who came and paid for it. Did he talked with you? He said he was looking for you and has something to give you."

"Oo--oh."

Crap. So it was him. That erted guy. The ID... maybe he was the one who gave it back?? I'm in huge trouble. Aisssh!

 

*SPECIAL CHAPTER BECAUSE YOU GUYS WERE ALL PITYING ON DAEHYUN SO YEAH, I MADE ONE ^^ ENJOY AND SUBSCRIBE:D*