Chapter 10

Man In My Dreams

-Jiyeon's POV-

I waited inside the house for Myungsoo. He told me he'd be coming today. I rushed to the room and opened my dresser. I stared at the clothes, but I had a lot of trouble choosing what to wear. After thinking for a few minutes, I chose a yellow, polkadot dress with a ribbon attached to its waist. After dressing, I faced the mirror and combed my hair. I applied lotion to my skin and cream on my face. I looked at myself again in the mirror and practiced smiling. I proceeded to the living room to wait for Myungsoo's arrival.

I was about to turn on the t.v when my cellphone rang. I picked it up. Its a text message. It wrote, "Jiyeon, please come to the pier. Now. It's urgent. -JB"

I hurriedly went out to go the said place. Hyomin was outside and asked, " Jiyeon, where are you going?"

"A-aah. To the pier."

 

 

I reached the pier. I wonder what urgent thing happened. Maybe JB was involved in a fight? Nevertheless, I looked around and searched for him.

 

Then I saw him at the dock of the pier, waving at me, telling me to come. So I ran to him immediately.

"W-what... h-happened?!" I gasped. I noticed him smiling and has his one hand on his back.

"N-nothing." he took out his hand from the back and handed it to me. 

"F-flowers?"

"Yeah. Flowers," he smiled. "First, let's go inside. This will only take a few minutes.. P-please?" he pointed his hand to the ship, specifically a yacht, behind us.

"Just a few minutes okay?" I looked around, trying to check if someone sees us. They might misunderstand the situation. I think its better to be cautious than usual. And when I thought no one was paying attention to us, I went inside the yacht, together with JB.

 

 

As i explored the ship, it started moving. JB approached me and said, "Don't you remember anything, the moment you stepped in this yacht?"

"N-no. Why? Is there anything I should?"

"Y-you know... here.... right here in this very ship.... it was spring that day.... This was where we spent our last time together, before the accident...... And this is also where.... I confessed to you."

 

I was shocked by what he said. "Ugghh. My h-head... it hurts," I leaned to the railing of the yacht and closed my eyes for a few seconds. Again, several imprints of scenes flashed through my brain. And then, they slowly faded...

"Jiyeon, did you see anything?! Do you remember it now?"

"Y-yeah.. It was spring... we were riding the ship when you.... y-you kneeled in front of me.... handed a bouquet of flowers.... a-and said, 'Jiyeon-ah, we have known each other for long and... I t-think my feelings developed from that span of time.... And u-uh, I might have said this countless times before b-but today.... I mean it. U-uh, I-... I love you.' , then I was so shocked by the situation that it took me long to respond to y-you.... 'JB. Y-you know I... love you too a-and..' , But then, all of a sudden, huge waves bashed the ship. Strong winds crashed through and the w-water slowly occupied the ship. Then y-you immediately tasked the captain to return to the harbor as much as possible.... S-so we arrived on the pier with me, not being able to, t-to give you a proper a-answer....... Ughhh, i-is that... what h-happened?" I slowly opened my eyes and searched for air. I felt dizzy and sweated all over.

"Y-yeah. You remember it now do you?"

"Y-yes. B-but, what are we doing here?" I asked while holding my head. It still hurts a bit.

"Jiyeon.... I need an.... a-answer.."

"A-answer? What do you mean?"

"The answer... to my c-confession.." he held my hand.

"J-JB.. I-i need time to think.."

"NO! I need an answer right now Jiyeon. NOW!" he tightened the grip of my hand.

"JB, let go of me!!" I forced my hand to get out from his grip.

"I-im... sorry." he dropped my hand.

"J-b..... I think we both know.. that I still need time to think.. I just regained my memories back, and i have to think things through!!" I yelled. "S-so.. please.. just w-wait."

"I can't wait!!! Jiyeon, I'm going to the US next week to practice medicine.. and I won't be back for a year.. This.. Y-your answer.. Its the only assurance I have that will motivate me to do well and come back here with hope!!" he started crying. He held my face and said, "You know I love you Jiyeon... y-you know that.."

"I k-know.." I held his hand which was holding my face and put it down. "B-but... that guy.... I like him.... I'm sorry JB.. I'm sorry.." I hugged him and went to the driving section of the ship. I told the captain to return back to the pier.

 

We docked at the pier and I hurriedly went outside. 

"J-jiyeon... that guy... could he be?"

"Y-yeah... Him.." 

I immediately left the dock and ran. I wonder if Myungsoo was waiting for me in the house.

-Myungsoo's POV-

I decided to walk back to my house. I also decided to never appear in Jiyeon's life again. I decided to transfer schools as soon as possible. I decided to forget about it all.

*Hey guys! This chapter was just so confusing and thrilling right? So what do you think? Will JB give up on his love for Jiyeon? And Myungsoo.. what do you think will happen to him? Please stay tuned because the story is almost done and I'll update it as soon as i can! Comment down and subscribe if you want me to update faster! :D*