The Last Chapter

Man In My Dreams

-Myungsoo's POV-

I sat back on the table with JB and decided to wait for Jiyeon. A couple of minutes later, she appeared. But I sensed something that made me feel nervous. Its an unexplainable feeling-- something that would turn the tables.

"I need to go." Jiyeon spoke with a serious face. Jb looked at her blankly and I replied, "W-why..."

She did not answer back but instead grabbed her bag which was beside me. I, then had the chance to hold her wrist and protested, "Can't we just go together?" 

She gave me a cold look and dropped my hand. "I'll go by myself." Then she successfully took the bag and left out of my sight.

"What happened?" JB broke the silence while playing with his spoon.

I shook my head in confusion, "Maybe..... She already knows--" I whispered to myself. 

"I'll talk to her." I stood up and headed to Jiyeon's direction, thus leaving JB behind.

 

 

"Jiyeon.... w-what's happening?" I gasped as a result of running several meters. But I'm glad I still had a chance to see her when she was already 3 inches from the gate.

She turned her head back to me and with tears rolling on her cheeks, "Stop this game Myungsoo.... Stop playing with me!!!!"

I quickly found some air and was shocked by Jiyeon's words. "W-what are you saying Jiyeon? W-what do you.... mean?"

"Stop pretending like you care for me Myungsoo. I already know everything, that all this time, you've only been making a fool out of me!!!"

I finally restrained myself and went to her, "What? P--playing? With yo--" But I was welcomed by a slap out of nowhere... and it came from Jiyeon's hands. I felt my left cheek became red all of a sudden and the pain lasted for a minute. Pain not by the slap itself, but because of the fact that I was slapped and I don't even know the reason behind it.

"How I wish you never appeared in my life Myungsoo... so that I won't be hurting like this." Her voice shakened and slowly, she disappeared from my sight.

If this is the end for us, I should at least explain myself. I thought to myself.

 

-Jiyeon's POV-

I went straightly to the house. I don't want people to see me crying. I don't want to look weak to them.

As I entered the door, Hyomin unnie was already in the kitchen, preparing the dinner. This also gave me the chance to hide myself from her. 

I climbed up the stairs like a spy, without making a noise. "Jiyeon? Are you home? Change your clothes and let's eat..." But I guess her ultra sensitive sense of hearing is extraordinary. 

I then cleared my throat and replied, "Yes unnie!" But the truth is, I'm just gonna sit in my room alone and cry.

And I did it.

As soon as i entered the room, I threw myself to the bed and started crying like crazy. "W-why did he do this to me? What did I do wrong? I loved him... but he just broke my heart...."

Myungsoo does not know what love means. 

Krystal's words flashed to my mind again. And I almost believed it if not because of a voice who interrupted.

"Jiyeon!!! Myungsoo is looking for you!! Hurry and come down!!"

Myungsoo... he came. 

I felt relief temporarily. But I can't help to get mad at what he did to me. The way he played with me, and the way he put all my love for him to waste. I just can't bear to see him. The face which I longed for and trusted for almost a year, I think I'd just break down to tears  if a single shadow of him appeared. 

I stood in front of the door, with my hands placed on the knob- ready to twist it open.

"Jiyeon!!! Won't you come down?!" Hyomin unnie's voice now seemed irritated.

I walked back and forth to think. Should I go see him? Or should I just stay away from his presence?

I was really going crazy- and my heart beat insanely too like it would explode anytime. 

And finally, I reached my decision. I breathed in deeply, opened the door and went down the stairs. "Unnie, where's Myungsoo?"

"Aigoo! What took you so long? He left already. He said that he doesn't want to bother you anymore. Hmmm, I wonder what he meant by that..."

"R-really? He said that?" Automatically, my foot started to move towards the front door and my hands searched for the knob. "Myungsoo--" I opened it hoping that he was still there standing, waiting for me----but no, there was nothing.

My eyes started shaking and as I knew, I was about to break down, but then I noticed something on the doorstep. I picked it and stared at it.

It was a notebook. A plain, notebook- there wasn't even the name of the owner. It was just simple, but why do I feel that there's something hidden behind this notebook? Something.... that would would make my world turn?

I gathered all my thoughts and flipped it up.

'DIARY'

It was wrote in capital letters on the first page. But before turning on to the next page, I sat on one of the stair step. And after making myself comfortable, I to the next page.

May 13, 2011

It was my first day on Gahwa High, and also my freshman day. As I stepped in the gate, I did not expect that i enrolled in such a big school. It was really huge that you would think you'll need to ride a bus just to tour the whole campus. I was nervous too, with just imagining that I'm all alone and everybody was a mere stranger to me. But I managed to gather all my thoughts and induce my strong will. First, I  stepped on to the 2nd floor, where my architecture department is located. I walked alone in the empty hallway, glancing around trying to find my destination. But the hugeness of the building just consumed my mind. And I felt that I was lost. But I was a man, so there's no point of crying like a baby. So I continued walking until I saw someone who looked like a school staff. - I hurried and ran to him. My eyes were too focused on that staff and I did not notice that there was a girl coming out of one of the rooms. And I bumped into her-- she was shocked and I stood, with eyes widening. "S-s-orry.." I told her. She fidgeted in pain and while curling herself, she replied, "Its okay." "I'm really s-sorry.." I tried to touch her arms to check if she's hurt or not but she moved an inch away from me. "I'm okay." "Oh." I muttered as I was dumbstrucked by her. "Where are you going?" She asked. " T-to the uhh-- Architecture Department..." "Oh.. Okay," she nodded softly and was about to turn her back on me when I caught her attention, "Uhh- excuse me," She faced me and said, "Yes?" "I'm lost... do you know where the Architecture Department is?" She stared at me blankly and responded, "It's straight down the hallway, " And she eventually turned around and left. "Thank you!!" I yelled at her when she was already past my sight.

Park Jiyeon. That's what her name plate says. And she was simply beautiful, like an angel sent from heaven. She was innocent as a puppy, white as cotton, and her hair was like thread- brushing across her shoulders. It was our first meeting face to face- and I fell in love. Seeing her made my lonely, first day bright. She made my day complete.

 

May 21, 2011

Hi Diary! I'm back again. I'm sorry if i forgot about you for how many days T_T But i'm here to tell you something!! I met her again. That girl I told you? It was her. 

I was getting a breath of fresh air in a place I just discovered to day. It was a hill within the school campus and from there, I could clearly see the whole school- specifically the soccerfield. It was grand. The view was splendid. I sat under the shade of the tree and relaxed while my eyes wandered at the view downhill. Just then, her presence showed upon my eyes. P-park Jiyeon right? That was her name. The very first student that I knew. And what was weird was that her face was familiar. Okay, so that's what happened diary. Am i crazy? Or I just can't resist her? But still, I have fallen in love with her.

 

June 7, 2012

Hi diary. I was gone for a few days right? Don't worry, because I discovered something from that girl!! Aha, you're happy for me right? I know haha. Ok so here it goes. 

I spent my vacant time in the library, scanning for books. Coincidentally, while roaming around the shelves, I overheard a conversation. "Its your birthday today Jiyeon ah." A girl's voice appeared. "Unnie..."That was the second time I heard of her voice. And i can't forget how it sounded like. "Why? Its not like somebody would hear. Duh." "But unnie.... I don't want a celebration okay?" "Then what do you want?" "A r-ring... if somebody likes me, tell him to give me a ring as a gift okay?" I paused for a while and thought, R-ring? Is she serious? Why a ring out of all things? I did not notice that the book I was holding fell down on the floor and of course, it created a noise. After realizing the situation, I picked it and put it back to the shelf. Nevertheless, for her next birthday- I would certainly give her a ring. Besides, I still have a year to gather all my courage and tell her.... that I like her. Then I went out of the room.

 

February 1, 2013

Today, something big happened. I saw her again in the canteen. I was a canteen staff and coincidentally, I noticed her.

She was with someone, a girl- she looked too old for a friend so I guess it was her sister. While I stood at a distance, I saw her tray of food drop. I was actually going to help her but another girl's tray dropped too and my fellow canteen staff has already helped her. So I just carefully picked up the other girl's mess while glancing at her, scrutinizing every part of her face. I did not know how exactly I looked like while I was staring at her, but one thing is for sure--- our eyes met. It was just for a second and then I went back to the kitchen, pretending like I'm busy. But i wonder... does she remember me? That was the first part of what happened today. There's still more to come and here's the second part: I was in the library researching when I spotted her again. She was sleeping on top of the table with the pile of books scattered around. I had the chance to approach her and fixed the books together, also placing her arms underneath her face so that her arms supported her head's weight. After staring at her for almost a minute, I went out ahead. I did not know what happened after.

The only thing I knew as I found myself in the middle of the road, with Jiyeon lying on the highway~ blood gushing out from her body and crowd muttering. It was an accident. Jiyeon ws hit by a car. And I was there when it all happened. Why must this happen now? Now that she knows that I exist? Why?

 

November 20, 2013

Hi diary. I'm not really in the mood to write something today. You know why? Its because of Jiyeon.... she already hates me now. And I think she also knows the truth about me. 

Just this morning, she told me to stop playing with her. She told me that she regretted having me in her life. Her words really strucked my heart and what hurts me more is that I can't help to explain myself to her. Me, playing with her---- is not true. I never thought of making a fool out of her. I never did intend to hurt her, and I think you know that. Everything--- was just misunderstood by her. But I can't blame her at all..... She's right, for almost a year that we've been together, I should have told her about me, so that things wouldn't go as far as this. But what can I do? Its already been said and done. I think I can't change her mind now. Its too late. I'm too late.

 

There was a smile painted all over my face while reading the diary. And i turned to the next page--- but it was already empty. There was no other entry, the previous was the last. 

Still, I continued to flip the pages and a piece of paper fell into my knees. Something was written on it and it says, "Jiyeon, if you're reading this.... thank you~ because that means that you went out of the house to look for me. I gave this diary to you because... I want you to know what happened in the past. I badly want to tell you all these things personally, but I admit that I lack the courage and confidence. I'm sorry... if it took this long before you knew. All I want you to know is that.... I never played with you, and I never will. And by the time you finish reading this, I may have already taken the bus to Gyeongdeong. I'm going to live with my grandmother, as well as to disappear from your life. Again, I'm sorry. -Kim Myungsoo ( That random stranger)

Just then, several pieces of moments flashed through my brain. 

Everything.... the memories which i seemed to forget, one by one, slowly came in to my mind. 

It was like all of a sudden, I remembered everything. 

I closed my eyes and focused on the pictures-- my head was hurting when I saw Myungsoo's face in my mind. Then I opened my eyes. Finally realizing the whole situation, "Myungsoo.... you can't leave---" I stood up on my feet and wiped the tears in my face.

I started running.

 

-Myungsoo's POV-

5 hours ago.

"You're a man now Myungsoo... You even know how to play with girls..." Sungjong stated. They all laughed.

"Shut your mouths guys.... She won't know that I'm doing this...." We walked away from the restroom and I continued, "She won't know that the girl i was telling you about.... and her... Jiyeon. They're the same. I am not playing with anyone guys, I just need the right time to tell her about it."

"Ooooooohhhh. So that's it. You're officially going crazy- falling in love with her."

 

I was standing in the bus stop while reminiscing the times I spent with Jiyeon. I wanted to cry- but tears just won't fall. 

Its true.... I never played with her- even once in my life. She meant my whole life, my whole world. Its just sad that she misunderstood everything. But it was also my fault. I was stupid. An idiot. A coward. 

Maybe she really does not deserve me.... Maybe--- I should disappear from her life. 

 

 

"Myungsooooo!!!" 

A voice came out of nowhere. I searched for where it came from. And I spotted someone on the other side of the highway.

Jiyeon. It was her. She was waving her hands to me, yelling my name again and again. 

Suddenly, hope was uplifted into my soul. I saw light again. And it was as if I ascended to heaven. 

I was about to take a step towards her when she initiated coming to me. Out of nowhere, she ran across the highway... amidst all the rushing cars and vehicles. 

"Jiyeon stop!!! Don't run!!" I yelled and warned her.

But she didn't listen. She was coming closer and closer to me... while the risk of her falling into danger also went high.

 

No. A speedy car was coming towards her... and she fails to notice it... 

No.... It will for sure hit her.... 

No. -- Not again.

 

I ran with all my might towards her direction while screaming, "Jiyeon!!! Stop!!!! There's a car!!!!"

I won't let it happen again. We were already creating memories together and I can't afford to lose them again. 

 

NO.

 

Crash.

 

-Jiyeon's POV-

"Myungsoo!!!! Myungsoo!!! Wake up!!! P-please.... don't leave me!!!" My voice shakened as I rushed him to the hospital. His face was covered with blood and he started to spit blood too.

"J-Jiyeon.... I t-told you... Even my life... I would s-sacrifice... just for you...." He struggled.

"No Myungsoo.... Please don't do this... I just realized everything now.... I remember every piece of memory now!!!" I spoke as tears fall from my face without stopping.

"J-Jiyeon.... now I hope that you don't reg-ret... having me in your life..... I just want you to know that... I-- love.... y-you..."

"No Myungsoo.... don't say that... you're not gonna die okay? You'll fight right? You will not leave me right???!!" I screamed and held his hands tightly until he was finally brought in to the emergency room.

 

I was left alone outside. I watched him and the doctors while doing their job from the transparent window.

I calmed myself down.

No..

he won't die..

He will not die.

Never.

 

 

A few minutes later, the doctors came out of the room. 

I approached them and asked, "What is happening Doc?"

"His situation is critical. We still have to observe him for a couple of hours."

"T-thank you.." I fainted a whisper. 

Just then, Daehyun came rushing to me.

"J-jiyeon.... is Myungsoo okay?" he gasped.

"T-hey said he's in a critical s-situation..." Again, tears started to flow.

Finally, Daehyun got a hold of himself. "Don't worry... he'll be alright soon." He hugged me, patted my back and comforted me.

"I k-know.." I spoke.

"But Jiyeon.... I have to tell you something.." He let go of me and looked at me straightly in the eyes.

"What is it?" Curiously, I answered.

"The cross pendant......"

 

15 years ago.

-Author's POV-

A little girl climbed a tree and she struggled to get down. She was so small in size and she looked like a goddess from afar. She tried to find ways on how to get down the tree but she failed to do so. So she tried to experiment. She stood up on one branch of the tree and jumped. Apparently, the height from which she fell was high so she ended up breaking a leg. 

Just then, a boy of her age came to her and helped her. He said, "Hey, are you okay?" 

The little girl replied, "I broke my leg. It hurts."

The boy then touched her broken leg and just like what normal kids do, he casted a 'spell' on it. "There! It won't hurt now!" He jumped in joy.

"Really?" The little girl's eyes widened. She tried to stand up but still it was hurting. "Liar! It still hurts!"

"Eh? Then the magic didn't work!!" 

But then the mother of the little boy called him, telling him to go inside the car.

"Just wait. It will heal soon!" The boy added.

"Are you sure? Okay.... I will wait..." The little girl chuckled.

The little boy then went back to his mother and their car started to move away from the girl's sight.

"Oh? What is this?" The little girl found something in the grass where she fell. "A necklace? A cross?" She stared at it full with curiousity and eventually slid the cross inside her pocket.

 

The little boy was Myungsoo. 

And the little girl was Jiyeon.

 

-Jiyeon's POV-

"T-then.... there were two cross pendants? Yours.... and Myungsoo's... which was passed to me back when we were children?"

"Yes... You are right."

"T-then.... that man... who I always see in my dreams.... that was Myungsoo?!"

"I guess so...." Daehyun replied.

I closed my eyes and tried to remember that man... just to make sure--

And yes. 

It was Myungsoo. 

That unclear-blurry-cannot be identified-if-handsome-or-not man...

 

It became clear, finally. And what I saw was Myungsoo's face... back when he was a child.

 

"Myungsoo....." My eyes began to water again.

 

*Toooooooooooooooot*

 

I don't know what sound it was, or where it came from but the doctors and nurses suddenly panicked and came into Myungsoo's room. 

It was the monitor which records his pulse and breathing.

The green line became a straight line.

And it stated that the breathing and pulse of Myungsoo was zero.

The doctors started to resuscitate him. 

The nurses were busy.

 

While I, stood outside, crying non-stop and banging my hands to the transparent window.

"Myungsoo!!!!! Nooooooo!! You can't do this!!!!" I screamed from the top of my lungs but there's no chance for him to hear it. He just laid down there not moving.

 

 

 

3 months after.

At JB's wedding.

I stepped out of the car alone, with a semi- cheerful smile painted on my face. I walked elegantly in my pink dress. 

I calmly witnessed JB's wedding with his wife, Suzy. They were cute and suited each other perfectly. I was envious. Krystal was also there, she sang for them. Woohyun, my sister Hyomin, and Daehyun was also present. It was a joyous celebration. Everything was arranged.

 

Finally, it was the last part of the ceremony. The throwing of the bouquet. It was said to be that the one who catches the bouquet of flowers will be the one to get married next. I wasn't really excited for it but still, they forced me to join the event.

So I stood at the back while the other girls were at the front, all excited to catch the bouquet. I figured it was useless because I know I wasn't going to catch it anyway. 

 

Then the bouquet was thrown. 

It went past the front line, 

the second line,

the third line, 

and the fourth line.

It landed into my arms. 

I was surprised as well. But the crowd cheered on me like I was the newlywed. I just smiled and looked at the flowers which was in my hands.

 

"Hmmm. I wonder who I'll marry....." I said to myself.

 

 Then the people slowly dispersed and went inside the church for the picturetaking. I was left outside together with the flowers.

"So you're getting married next...." Someone said.

"Yeah..." I flashed a bittersweet smile.

"Can i ask you something?" The voice continued.

"Yes?"

 

 

He kneeled on his knees and as the sun's rays strucked his face, he said, "Will you marry me?"

 

This time, what I flashed was a sweet smile. 

"I will." I held his hand and continued, "I will marry you, Myungsoo."

He stood up and held my face, I closed my eyes and he planted a soft kiss on my lips.

It was the happiest moment of my life.

 

-Myungsoo's POV-

 

Yes. I survived the accident. 

I fought.

I did not give up.

And now, I'm standing in front of Jiyeon.. asking her to marry me. 

This is the greatest moment of my life.

 

 

 

*FINAAALLLLLY ITS DONE :) NOW CAN I HAVE A FAVOR GUYS? CAN YOU ALL PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND FEEDBACKS? PLEASSSSEEEE I SO WANT TO KNOW YOUR OPINIONS ^^* 

<3 Love- Authornim 

 

Thank you for giving this fic your time and thank you for sticking with it until the end :) I will publish a new story soon so please anticipate ^^