Chapter 20

Man In My Dreams

I found myself running outside, drenched in the rain. And where was I headed to? To Jiyeon.

 

I arrived at her house and yelled outside the gate. 

"Jiyeon ah!! Jiyeon ah!" But considering that its only 7 am, she might be still asleep at this time. I'll just wait here outside.

I fitted myself with the nearest lamp post, trying to overcome the cold. Then I saw someone who came out of the house's door. She was holding an umbrella and struggled to open it. Finally she succeeded and went down towards the gate. 

The umbrella was covering her face but when she lifted it up, it gave me a glimpse of her face.

"Myungsoo-ah!" she said as she opened the gate. 

I ran to her and hugged her, tightly.

"Myung--soo.... you're drenched in rain," she replied.

"Jiyeon..... I'm so--rry." I said and cried, though the tears are not obvious... thanks to the rain.

"Myung--"

"I'm really sorry.... for all the things i said,"

She then dropped the umbrella and hugged me back, more like comforting me. "Its okay Myungsoo... I understand you-"

I loosed my grip on her and held her hand, "Jiyeon.... i just figured out that I have to fight this fight....."

"What..... do you mean?" 

"Even if my rival is my own brother.... I have to fight--- I have to fight for you." I caressed the ring that she wore in her finger.... and she answered back with a smile. A smile-- that is free from worries.

 

 

Soaked in rain for about five minutes, Hyomin finally went out and urged us to go inside. 

"Hey!! Jiyeon what's the use of the umbrella if you're drenched in rain?! Come in! You two!! You'll catch a cold!!!" she yelled from the doorstep of the house. 

We immediately let go of each other's hands and it became awkward. Jiyeon then picked up the umbrella from the ground and opened the gate for me. 

"Come inside.... you'll get a cold sooner or later..." she said with a shy face.

 

 

"Here's JB's clothes... you can wear them for now." Hyomin said and handed me a pair of shirt and jeans. I held those while curling up beneath a towel and with a cup of tea for temporary warmth. I was literally freezing and shaking.

I stood up and leaned by the window, continuely staring at each drop of rainfall while taking a sip of the tea. 

 

"You'll catch a cold..." 

A pair of smooth yet feminine arms wrapped around my waist from behind. I felt her head leaned across my back and so I held her arms carefully..... and let out a smile with uncertainty.

 

 

By the time 9:00 am ticked, Hyomin hurriedly packed a few things inside her bag.

"Jiyeon, Myungsoo... there's an urgent meeting in the school and they need me so uhh- I'm leaving. Bye." she 'purposely' winked. "Behave you two!!" she yelled after the door slammed.

Jiyeon and I just looked at each other awkwardly. This might be the most awkward scene I've ever experienced. Imagine a guy and a girl... alone? But its not like I'm taking advantage of the situation. Its just that uhh-- I feel unsure of every move I make. Sigh. 

Few and more minutes after Hyomin left, there was nothing but silence in the atmosphere between the two of us. I awkwardly just rubbed my hands together to generate heat for my chilling body. Then Jiyeon stood up, disappeared and went to find something.

I felt relief and the beatings of my heart became normal again. And then she came back holding something in her hand, and approached me who was sitting comfortably in the couch.

"H--here, hot packs for you," she shyly stated. 

I accepted those and muttered, "Thanks..," I held them in my hands and with a chuckle, I added, "I remember those times back when I was the one giving you these...." 

"Isn't it great? Now i'm giving you those...." She replied and chuckled. I just laughed and literally, we laughed together.

 

Time passed as we continued to exchange statements and laughed hysterically. Then gradually, I became bored and thought of something.

"Hey... do you want to go out?" I said, doubtfully.

"Eh? Go... o-out?" Her eyes widened.

"Ah-- no. I mean to go outside..... maybe eat?"

"O--oh. Yeah, sure. Its been long though..... since we last went outside," she fainted a smile. I smirked as a reply too.

"I'll change my clothes first.... it will only take a minute, " she stood up. I nodded.

 

 

I stood outside the door and patiently waited for Jiyeon. Girls do sure take time in changing clothes. 

I looked around and noticed that the rain has stopped pouring. Mr Sun also showed up and with a blue sky, the surroundings became brighter. Just then, Jiyeon went outside and the door slammed.

"I'm sorry I made you w-wait, " she said but it was more like a whisper to herself. She wore a flowerprinted dress whose length is slightly above the knee, had a hat above her head- the one which European girls wear as a headress, then I also noticed that she put on a slight make up and to complete the outfit, she sported a 6 cm yellow stilletoes that made her slightly taller than me.

"L-let's go," she stated while I remained in my world, blank and speechless.

"Myungsoo-ah... let's go." She waved her hands across my face and made me return to the real world.

"You're..... beautiful." I said that without knowing myself.

"Yah! Myungsoo! Stop teasing me!" she placed her hands on her waist and made a face just like a mad dinosaur.

"I'm not teasing you! Its true--" 

"Tch. There you go again... come on! Let's go," she exclaimed and took a step forward when--

 

"Uwaahh!" She tripped and fell....... into my arms. Yeah, luckily I caught her. 

"Be careful next time..." I muttered while I looked at her eyes straightly. Her eyes shakened and struggled to look somewhere but I bet my glare won't be able to resist her. 

Finally, she got up and stood on her feet. I as well, let go of her as she regained back her pose. I smirked at how funny she tried to let go on her own and stated, "Let's get going!"

 

 

We ended up in the mall, shopped, played arcade games and ate together. It was tiring but still we made our way lastly, to a shoe store. 

Jiyeon struggled to walk because of the high heels she wore so I brought her here, though I have no idea about all the shoes and sandals I'm seeing all around.

"Myungsoo-- why suddenly come here? I still want to eat..." she pouted. Well i was wrong. I thought this place was a heaven for girls. Oh yeah, I forgot she's a dinosaur after all.

I led her to sit on an empty bench and temporarily laid down the things that we bought. 

"Hey Myungsoo, what exactly are we doing here?"

"Wait here," I replied. She sighed.

I stood on my feet and looked around. Then I found something--

A dandelion, pink laced flats.... or maybe this is what they call dollshoes. I grabbed it and examined it. It took me a few minutes observing it and a saleslady approached me-

"You want that sir?" 

I turned and replied, "Ah- no. Just looking.."

"Is it for your girlfriend? That would really suit her...." she continued. 

I, once again held the shoes and stared at it, "R-really? Do you.... think so?" I unknowingly said. The saleslady nodded. proudly.

"Wait a minute... I'll try it on her," I muttered and headed to Jiyeon. 

"Oh she's here?" the lady replied, "She must be so lucky sir." and added.

I smirked and felt proud. 

"Here. Try it." I approached Jiyeon and handed her the shoes. 

"W--what?" she blankly replied. Shocked? Confused? Maybe. Because I feel the same way too.

"Aissh." I lost it and knelt down to take off her 6cm heels. I carefully tried to take the whole thing off without having to touch her delicate skin. It was a success at taking the heels but I guess it won't be easy to put on the flats on her feet. I doubted at first but then I managed to gather all my courage. So I held the back of her ankle and inserted the shoe through her feet. I was plainly amazed by how smooth and delicate her skin was. But then there were also bruises surfacing, maybe left by the high heels she wore for about 3 hours. 

I also did the same to her other feet and at last, the fitting was done. 

"Chaaa~" I proclaimed. "It really suits you." It was a whisper to myself even though it was meant to be a compliment for her. 

She took a glimpse on it and said, "Its not bad," then followed it with a smirk.

"Really? You... like i-it?"

"I said its not bad--" she complained.

"Alright." 

"You'll get it sir?" the saleslady approached and winked as if she was proud about her predictions earlier.

"Yes. I'll get it." I picked out money from my wallet and handed it to her.

"Thank you sir. Please wait, we'll pack it for your convenience." she replied.

 

 

 

I walked Jiyeon to her house and we separated there. Without knowing, the time was already 5:00 pm. No wonder it became dark.

"Here. I bought this for you." I handed her the shoes which was packed beautifully in a box.

"Thanks. But I won't wear it anyway, " she stuck her tongue out.

"Tch. Whatever you like," I acted as if I was sulking.

"H--hey.." she tapped my shoulder, perhaps believed my acting.

"Ah-  nevermind. I'm going."

"O--okay. Have a good night." She took a step forward and gave me a slight hug to compensate for the sulking. Haha, there are advantages of acting too. I grinned while I hugged her back.

We then let go of each other and I walked towards the gate. I waved at her lastly as I opened the gate and came out.

 

 

 

I was on my way to back to the house when Daehyun called on my phone. I answered it unwillingly, "Hyung?" 

"Myungsoo, where are you now?"

"Ah--- I just came back from shopping," Yes. I denied that i "shopped" with Jiyeon.

"Ok good. Come here in the house asap. There's something urgent and I need your help. Understand?"

"Yes hyung. And uh--- I have something to tell you too.

Toooot. Toooot. The call ended.

I wonder what urgent thing that is, but he sure looked like in a rush.

 

*Hey. Hi. Hello. IMMMM BAAAACKKKK! OH YEAH THERE'S MORE TO COME SOOO PLEASE BE UPDATED!! AUTHORNIM WAS BUSY THESE DAYS SPAZZING OVER T-ARA N4 IN L.A SO YEAH. XD I WILL WORK HARD IN THE FUTURE. AND TO MY READERS: AYYLABYOUUUU <3*goes out and eats lollipop in a corner**